Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
May 27, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #781 of 6,418
Received mine just now, OOTB is fairly netral - with lots of details.
Playing flac 24bit seems giving it lag, at some point the song sound stuttering, power button is also not responding. @Shanling

24bit lag and stuttering does not happening anymore after roughly 10 hour of usage. Regarding unresponsive power button, have been noted by @Shanling

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #783 of 6,418
What's the point of doing that?

I don't have any LDAC wireless headphones. Would be nice to turn some of my wired iems into wireless Bluetooth with LDAC codec support.

May 28, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #784 of 6,418
We are working on some more essential functions of our own system. Audiobooks are still planned.
To everybody, can you give us tips on your favorite android/iOS audiobook apps?
Currently, I use my iPhone for both Podcasts as well as audiobooks.
For both, I use the default apple apps... not great but work OK. I will gladly dump both and use M0 instead for podcasts (audio only) and audiobooks!
Important functions for me:
- remember last positions in the podcast / audiobook
- set speed to 1x / 1.25x / 1.5x
- 15 sec skip "button" (useful for going fast over boring discussions in podcasts)

May 28, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #785 of 6,418
I don't have any LDAC wireless headphones. Would be nice to turn some of my wired iems into wireless Bluetooth with LDAC codec support.
If your iem uses the MMCX cables, sony does have a LDAC compatible BT MMCX Cable.

May 28, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #786 of 6,418

We are working on some more essential functions of our own system. Audiobooks are still planned.
To everybody, can you give us tips on your favorite android/iOS audiobook apps?

On Ios (and it's been awhile since I had an ipod touch) the standard apple player had it right right from the start. Using an android player atm feels so clunky having to use two apps for the same purpose. On android I've narrowed it down to Mort and Listen. Quite honestly all the player needs to do is to have a resume function when you go back to the audiobook in question so you can carry on when you left off. So I start the day with a bit of music, then later I want to listen to some audiobook. As it is a lengthy one I'm not going to get it done all in one day, or I fancy a change of pace and want some music again. The next day I want to carry on with the audiobook and go back to it, I want to carry on from where I left off.

Hope that makes sense. It does my head in, all these "helpful" guides explaining how to convert apple m4b books to play on mp3 players while totally missing the point that doing it that way means there is no resume function (unless I've missed something?).

May 28, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #787 of 6,418
As digital transport the M0 has an issue. It stops the playback after a while......

May 28, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #788 of 6,418
I’ve also just noticed this. It just cuts out after a while. Very annoying! Can it be fixed?

May 28, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #790 of 6,418
upload_2018-5-28_14-8-25.jpeg

Currently listening to this. Very musical and satisfying combo. The TU-HP01 is running a MUSES 01 to counteract the dark balance of the Beyers.

May 28, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #791 of 6,418
If your iem uses the MMCX cables, sony does have a LDAC compatible BT MMCX Cable.

Sony BT cable (M2BT1, w/LDAC support) has only a single functionality of bluetooth receiver with 7+ hrs of playback and price tag of $200+. I think $99 M0 DAP might be a cool alternative :wink:

May 28, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #792 of 6,418
Just got back from the dollar store.
Really wanted some kind of clip, it's so small I kept dropping it.
The old style cell phone straps are just the right size and have enough slack on them to slip a carabiner.
I also picked up some cuttable screen protector and a hard net case to keep it in.
Currently enjoying non-bluetooth seemingly wireless music with the carabiner clipped to the collar of my shirt.
KIMG0822.JPG

May 28, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #794 of 6,418
I’ve also just noticed this. It just cuts out after a while. Very annoying! Can it be fixed?

Yep, seems like some timeout issue when it stops playing in transport mode. Hopefully added to list of fixes in the next fw update.

May 28, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #795 of 6,418

Currently listening to this. Very musical and satisfying combo. The TU-HP01 is running a MUSES 01 to counteract the dark balance of the Beyers.

Does your M0 work flawlessly with usb out? No stops while playing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back