Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
May 5, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #5,071 of 6,418
Just wonder will the next generation MO of water resistant ?

We are not really planning water resistant devices, we are not really set for it and it makes drastic changes to their repairability.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
May 5, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #5,072 of 6,418
We are not really planning water resistant devices, we are not really set for it and it makes drastic changes to their repairability.
Thanks for sharing your development plan.

By the way may I know what's the battery life of MO under Bluetooth SBC codec , capable to handle 8 hours for an ultra marathon ? More is bonus.

May 5, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #5,073 of 6,418
Thanks for sharing your development plan.

By the way may I know what's the battery life of MO under Bluetooth SBC codec , capable to handle 8 hours for an ultra marathon ? More is bonus.
I would wear a baseball cap, clip the M0 to the cap and use a corded headset with the majority of the cable rubber banded, twist tied or velcro'd. Nothing worse than being in the middle of a race and have your music get borked. Getting distracted from your groove trying to right your music must sucks. Minimize the things that can go wrong.

May 5, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #5,074 of 6,418
I would wear a baseball cap, clip the M0 to the cap and use a corded headset with the majority of the cable rubber banded, twist tied or velcro'd. Nothing worse than being in the middle of a race and have your music get borked. Getting distracted from your groove trying to right your music must sucks. Minimize the things that can go wrong.
Good suggestion indeed, I prefer wired headset actually. Some studiew said Bluetooth is not good for health over time.

I always wear cap in my long run, but my worry about MO sweat resistant as I sweat quite a bit.

May 5, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #5,075 of 6,418
I've been using bluetooth more and more and find it really unpractical with the M0. First, the 3 second touch anywhere feature doesn't always work, probably because the small screen gets dirty too quickly.

I would love to be able to access the bluetooth features more easily from the initial "Now Playing" screen. If it were in the "Playback" screen, it would be super simple to get to it just by swiping once and hitting the small icon on the right.

Also, having an option to force pairing from Shanling like they have on phones would be nice too, I wouldn't have to un-pair and repair when it's not finding my earphones.

Talking about un-pairing and re-pairing, the little garbage icon is almost impossible to hit. The option to swipe on the paired device left or right (maybe for force pair left, delete right) would be a game changer.

@Shanling , do you think these changes are something we might see in the future? How about customization of icons on the screen? I really enjoy using the M0 with bluetooth. Sure I could use my phone, but the battery would drain too fast, and I wouldn't be able to listen to music in bed as easily. It's also so easy to change bluetooth codecs with the Shanling compared to a Smartphone. The M0 is great with its size, and if the bluetooth could be easier to manage through the GUI, it would be amazing.

May 5, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #5,076 of 6,418
Good suggestion indeed, I prefer wired headset actually. Some studiew said Bluetooth is not good for health over time.

I always wear cap in my long run, but my worry about MO sweat resistant as I sweat quite a bit.
It'll be fine. I sweat bullets and have had it clipped to my shorts. Bottom of my shirts are usually drenched, and I haven't had issues. Up top on the back of your hat isn't really the main direction of sweat. Not to mention your hat is absorbing a bit of it. I used to use my Sansa clip that way and never had issues with it. They're all still working.

May 5, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #5,078 of 6,418
Also, having an option to force pairing from Shanling like they have on phones would be nice too, I wouldn't have to un-pair and repair when it's not finding my earphones.

Talking about un-pairing and re-pairing, the little garbage icon is almost impossible to hit. The option to swipe on the paired device left or right (maybe for force pair left, delete right) would be a game changer.

Yes, I would agree that removing a paired unit is really hard to do with this unit. And unfortunately, sometimes that has to be done in the world of bluetooth. Landing on that trash icon is difficult for me also.

May 5, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #5,079 of 6,418
Still having problems even with the new FW, the BT usually doesn't work with any device, it connects but like those with car problems mentioned here it doesn't play (AAC or SBC).

Oddly it gets really laggy and sluggish when this happens as if it's trying to do something in the background? I've had to resort to carrying a cable and using that!

Also even on the cable with shuffle it plays but sometimes the screen freezes and you have to long-press reset after 20-30 minutes. Those tracks played when it's 'frozen' aren't even saved to Recent, which is irritating when you want to know what track was playing.

It's all a shame cos I've mostly gone back to my iPod because it's not reliable and lack of podcast support, and I'd rather not have a cable catching things. I spend more time trying to get the M0 to work than using it :frowning2:

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #5,080 of 6,418

What studies?

May 6, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #5,081 of 6,418
May 6, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #5,082 of 6,418
Just a concern ... here's the link,

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...us#There-are-certain-precautions-you-can-take

more research are needed ...

A concern (an unproven hypothesis) is not a scientific (or any) study.
I would stop fear mongering.
Quoting someone with a "concern" from the internet is the same as just inventing anything yourself.

Here is one starter for thinking about criticality in science communication:

How to read health news [1/6/2009] http://ow.ly/DuIYV #scicomm

May 9, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #5,085 of 6,418
In case you haven't noticed, there already are leather cases for Shanling M0 on ebay and Aliexpress. I think about ordering one. With the addition of a screen protector cut out from a bigger one, my player will finally be well protected. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back