Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Dec 9, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #4,006 of 6,418
This weird thing happend during listening

The player started repeating over and over same place of a song just like a badly scratched CD. After 5 seconds it went on to play normal. But now the player is un-responsive. Nothing helps. Screen wont go on. Charging or conecting to computer via usb doesnt help either. But when plugging in earphones I can hear it playing still, very weird.
I'm waiting for the battery to go empty and then I charge it maybe this helps. I'm I correct that this player lacks a reset button? Would be very helpful right now to reboot it! Probably what it needs couse its in a frozen state.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #4,007 of 6,418

The player started repeating over and over same place of a song just like a badly scratched CD. After 5 seconds it went on to play normal. But now the player is un-responsive. Nothing helps. Screen wont go on. Charging or conecting to computer via usb doesnt help either. But when plugging in earphones I can hear it playing still, very weird.
I'm waiting for the battery to go empty and then I charge it maybe this helps. I'm I correct that this player lacks a reset button? Would be very helpful right now to reboot it! Probably what it needs couse its in a frozen state.

There is a reset pinhole under the sd card cover flap.

Dec 9, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #4,008 of 6,418

Hold down the volume wheel and it should reset.

Dec 10, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #4,010 of 6,418
Why is there no LDAC on PC when every ****ty smartphone can do it...
Because Sony contributed it only to AOSP. If you know your way around Linux, you can have it up and running on PC (transmission only).
https://github.com/EHfive/pulseaudio-modules-bt

LDAC™ is an audio coding technology developed by Sony that enables the transmission of High Resolution (Hi-Res) Audio content even over a Bluetooth connection, and has been contributed to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). [\QUOTE]

Dec 10, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #4,011 of 6,418
Dec 11, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #4,012 of 6,418
Because Sony contributed it only to AOSP. If you know your way around Linux, you can have it up and running on PC (transmission only).
https://github.com/EHfive/pulseaudio-modules-bt

We know that Shanling M0 & Radsone ES100 both have BT LDAC Receive capability. And devices with Android 8 now have BT LDAC Transmit capability.
Does anyone know how to incorporate BT LDAC Receive capability into an Android device? Thanks!

Dec 11, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #4,013 of 6,418
Does anyone have a clue as to what type of plastic the accessory clip is made from? I want to glue some kind of mount on to it so I can connect it to my bike handlebar. Appears to be polystyrene based, but want to confirm.

Dec 11, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #4,014 of 6,418
Hello,
I am making a decision for this Shanling M0 or FiiO M9. I can get either one at around $90 or $240, respectively. (In my country's currency during 12.12 big sales, so don't ask me where I can get these at that price)

I currently have BGVP DM6 with FiiO BTR3 and I started noticing the imbalance between the DM6 and the source I have because the FiiO BTR3 (as a USB DAC already) is very inferior to my computer's onboard sound (ALC1220 + Dedicated amp). Thus, I wanna step up the source. I know the DM6 has great potential and should be matched with any greater source.

The easiest way to do so is to buy Shanling M0 and sell the BTR3 and I can save a lot of money as Shanling M0 itself is not expensive too. My current lifestyle with Shanling M0 would not be changed much because it replaces the BTR3 perfectly. And I can listen to music with my computer too. I sit in front of computer many hours a day.

Anyway, I have a chance to get FiiO M9 at the price mentioned above which I consider a great deal, especially considering that this will be my first DAP. So, I want to know is the sound in term of quality between Shanling M0 and FiiO M9 noticeably different? If the difference is practical, I would spend money "one time" on the M9 at least for the next few years.

Is the upgrade from M0 to M9 worth it? I don't own a 2.5 balanced cable right now but if I buy M9, I would think of buying a 2.5 balanced cable anyway. Also, I will not sell the BTR3 if I choose the M9. So, the price difference will be so huge between these 2 alternatives.

What do you guys think? I want only neutral and fair comments. Sorry for posting in M0 thread but I think more people are visiting M0 thread than M9.

Thanks so much! Sorry, if my English is bad. I am not a native speaker.

Dec 11, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #4,015 of 6,418
That was just first idea in march, changed to all plastic case since then. You can find explanation of such change about 150 pages ago.

That forum is out for long time.

Hello, I would like to suggest that in future updates added the possibility of putting the shutdown timer for example in 15 minutes remained so always until new change even if the player turns off

Dec 11, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #4,016 of 6,418
Hello,
I am making a decision for this Shanling M0 or FiiO M9. I can get either one at around $90 or $240, respectively. (In my country's currency during 12.12 big sales, so don't ask me where I can get these at that price)

I currently have BGVP DM6 with FiiO BTR3 and I started noticing the imbalance between the DM6 and the source I have because the FiiO BTR3 (as a USB DAC already) is very inferior to my computer's onboard sound (ALC1220 + Dedicated amp). Thus, I wanna step up the source. I know the DM6 has great potential and should be matched with any greater source.

The easiest way to do so is to buy Shanling M0 and sell the BTR3 and I can save a lot of money as Shanling M0 itself is not expensive too. My current lifestyle with Shanling M0 would not be changed much because it replaces the BTR3 perfectly. And I can listen to music with my computer too. I sit in front of computer many hours a day.

Anyway, I have a chance to get FiiO M9 at the price mentioned above which I consider a great deal, especially considering that this will be my first DAP. So, I want to know is the sound in term of quality between Shanling M0 and FiiO M9 noticeably different? If the difference is practical, I would spend money "one time" on the M9 at least for the next few years.

Is the upgrade from M0 to M9 worth it? I don't own a 2.5 balanced cable right now but if I buy M9, I would think of buying a 2.5 balanced cable anyway. Also, I will not sell the BTR3 if I choose the M9. So, the price difference will be so huge between these 2 alternatives.

What do you guys think? I want only neutral and fair comments. Sorry for posting in M0 thread but I think more people are visiting M0 thread than M9.

I haven't heard the M9 but there are a couple of places in BKK where you can try both DAPs.

Dec 11, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #4,017 of 6,418
Hello,

I love FiiO, and I love my X7 Mark ii, but I wasn't all that impressed with the M9. I'm not sure I'd call it an "upgrade" from the M0.

Dec 11, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #4,018 of 6,418
Hello,

Just get the Hiby R3 and call it a day

Dec 11, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #4,019 of 6,418
I have both the M0 and the R3 and except for the Tidal capability, my personal preference based on SQ o is the M0.

I have both and my personal preference based on SQ and support is the M0

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #4,020 of 6,418

Users who are viewing this thread

Back