Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Sep 24, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #3,271 of 6,413
It can be used as a usb dac, but expect some semi-unusable delays for games and movies.

In dac mode you can't use bluetooth though, touching the screen disconnrcts it as a usb dac.

I cannot use Bluetooth? So USB DAC to Bluetooth w/ LDAC transmitter does or does not work?

Sep 24, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #3,273 of 6,413
I cannot use Bluetooth? So USB DAC to Bluetooth w/ LDAC transmitter does or does not work?

Basically, when you are in USB DAC mode, or in BLUETOOTH mode, the screen is locked. Touching the screen will mean that it disconnects. That makes it impossible to have it both in USB DAC mode and BLUETOOTH mode at the same time...it is one or the other. That being said, I found the USB DAC not be good enough to be worth it. The lag is just too much.

Sep 24, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #3,274 of 6,413
Damn. Only just come across this little beauty. Wish i’d known about it before I backed the AP80. Not bashing that dap by the way, but I love how the M0 is smaller and supports LDAC out the box. I’d primarily be using a player like this for on the move listening and paired with my 1000MX3 headphones so it’s ideal.

Does the M0 include usb-c fast charging? What is real world battery life like for BT/LDAC streaming?

Sep 25, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #3,275 of 6,413
Decided to pull the trigger and purchase the M0. Looking forward to receiving it

Sep 25, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #3,278 of 6,413
Sound with iems is very good but with hd650 it is lifeless. Though expecting it to drive hd650 is too much. I have experienced intermittent clicks even with 44.1khz files( very low though) as transport. This can be the reason why it is not able to output dsd64 properly, because of break in stream. My main purpose was transport but it is not performing as per expectations specially in dsd as dop.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #3,281 of 6,413
Sound with iems is very good but with hd650 it is lifeless. Though expecting it to drive hd650 is too much. I have experienced intermittent clicks even with 44.1khz files( very low though) as transport. This can be the reason why it is not able to output dsd64 properly, because of break in stream. My main purpose was transport but it is not performing as per expectations specially in dsd as dop.

I use the M0 as a transport and I don't get any clicks with 16/44 through to 24/192 PCM, but I don't have any DSD tracks though. Maybe there is something wrong with the USB cable you are using? I use a Shanling USB C to USB Micro for my Chord Hugo, and a USB C iFi OTG cable to connect to an iFi Black Label Micro iDSD and an iFi Nano iDSD. I've never had any problems - it works great, and is a quarter the weight of the Moto G5 phone I used to use.

Sep 26, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #3,282 of 6,413
Can M0 be used as USB DAC (sound card) for Windows 10 PC, transmitting via LDAC to (Sony) headphones?
1)If by "can be used" you mean "provides an enjoyable experience for sound reproduction", no it does not (and mind you I am not picky). If you mean "can send the sound signal to the output jack after about 3 seconds", yes it can.
2)According to the tech specs it is NOT an LDAC transmitter.

@Shanling, do you ackowledge the latency problems?

Sep 26, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #3,283 of 6,413
1)If by "can be used" you mean "provides an enjoyable experience for sound reproduction", no it does not (and mind you I am not picky). If you mean "can send the sound signal to the output jack after about 3 seconds", yes it can.
2)According to the tech specs it is NOT an LDAC transmitter.

@Shanling, do you ackowledge the latency problems?

There can be some latency, but never experienced 3 second delay you are claiming.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Sep 27, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #3,285 of 6,413
0F7A9C17-91D9-4D6B-A2AE-A78870333204.jpeg

The Fender Ten-3 sounds very nice with m0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back