Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 29, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #1,592 of 6,418
Sorry you are having trouble @abitdeef . The M0 is worth the little extra trouble.

Bought M0 to have something to do on new job's lunch hour. It has been a great stress reliever. Yesterday I unzipped the pouch M0 and the IEMs stay in. To my regret M0 was left at home from listening the night before. Was depressed and surprised at how important M0 had become in a few weeks time.

Jun 29, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #1,593 of 6,418
Can you please tell me, from which seller you bought it? We don't sell directly to Amazon.

There are 2 QC steps on screen itself and 2 QC steps on whole unit. No unit like this should leave our factory.

There was one poster with metal clip, back in april. It was just first prototype. All promo materials for final clip shows its all plastic construction.

Shenzhenaudio fufiiled by Amazon which means amazon had a few in their warehouse- I got mine in 2 days.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #1,595 of 6,418
@Shanling

My M0 is scheduled to ship to me from the Canadian dealer on July 9th. So I am assuming it shipped from a later batch, do you know if it will have firmware version 2.0 or will I need to update it? I already have the 2.0 firmware downloaded along with the new manual in preparation but it would be nice if it already shipped with the 2.0 firmware.

On another note, the users having freezing issues, could flashing the firmware to version 2.0 be causing the freeze up issues? I sold audiophile grade gear for many years and I have seen user firmware updates create problems on some devices, especially if it does not go smoothly.

Jun 29, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #1,596 of 6,418
To be honest..i bought the clip because i thought it was metal so I can attach it to a magnet in the car..but now its plastic, i csntc..but its ok.. I'll just use it for other purpose
Just buy a small adhesive backed metal disc and stick it on the clip. Or get one of these and stick it in your car where the magnet is or somewhere else convenient.

And don't know why you think the all plastic clip will be weaker than a two piece metal clip with a spring hinge. That hinge would break before the plastic does. Just ask Sansa Clip owners.

Jun 29, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #1,597 of 6,418
@Shanling

My M0 is scheduled to ship to me from the Canadian dealer on July 9th. So I am assuming it shipped from a later batch, do you know if it will have firmware version 2.0 or will I need to update it? I already have the 2.0 firmware downloaded along with the new manual in preparation but it would be nice if it already shipped with the 2.0 firmware.

On another note, the users having freezing issues, could flashing the firmware to version 2.0 be causing the freeze up issues? I sold audiophile grade gear for many years and I have seen user firmware updates create problems on some devices, especially if it does not go smoothly.

mine only worked a second, and as soon as I hit English it froze on the now playing screen and has been frozen since. I wish there was a way to force flash the new firmware onto it because that might fix the problem. Like with some firmware updates they would start as soon as you unplugged your dap from USB. But this one it seems you have to put in a command which I can't do, well because it's frozen. I'm bummed because it looks cool and is so small.

Jun 29, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #1,599 of 6,418
I just ordered a black one from eBay from a US seller, I should have it in a couple of days. I’ll just return my purple one.

Yeah black is boring, but at least I’ll get to check it out. And it will match my R3 :)

But ... the Purple one sounds so much better! :wink:

Jun 29, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #1,601 of 6,418
When the Purple M0 is back in-stock, you could order one, and present the Black M0 as a gift to a friend.

I've spent most of today listening to my BossHiFi B3 earphones (16Ω, 123dB/mW, 20Hz-20KHz, Ebony wood housing, 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature, Tethered cable), connected to my Purple M0. :ksc75smile:
Nice combo.

Jun 29, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #1,602 of 6,418
When the Purple M0 is back in-stock, you could order one, and present the Black M0 as a gift to a friend.

I've spent most of today listening to my BossHiFi B3 earphones (16Ω, 123dB/mW, 20Hz-20KHz, Ebony wood housing, 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature, Tethered cable), connected to my Purple M0. :ksc75smile:
Nice combo.

You could always paint your finger nails purple to match your M0 and make a real fashion statement.:raising_hand:

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #1,603 of 6,418
You could always paint your finger nails purple to match your M0 and make a real fashion statement.:raising_hand:

...and to go with my purple shirt... :wink:

Still looking forward to receiving the Purple Leather case, and plastic clip case for my M0.

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #1,605 of 6,418
I have been using the M0 for a couple of days and it has been flawless in my use so far. Update to 2.0 went perfectly as well

IMG_20180629_125806.jpg

I have been using it with the KZ ED16 and the KZ ZS10 so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back