Shanling M0 Pro - Ultra-Portable Hi-Fi Player, Now With Balanced Output!
Jul 17, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #556 of 812
Many problem occur when copying from your computer to the micro SD card.... I had the same problem as you but after creating directories for each album and playlist directory on thy sd card and then for each folder copy files into it folder by folder solved my problem with my 128 GB sandisk extreme micro sd card. I failed when I tried to copy over many folders in one go. ....
I'll try that but it may take some time for a 512gb card , thanks!

Jul 17, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #557 of 812
I'll try that but it may take some time for a 512gb card , thanks!

Before you go this strange (and tedious) route, check your files: structure, names, album art size, tags, etc.

Jul 17, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #558 of 812

Before you go this strange (and tedious) route, check your files: structure, names, album art size, tags, etc.
yes, it is tedious and I wish there were better ways. In my very tedious way I create folders for every album and then for each folder select all songs in the folder on the disk and copy them over in one go, but for me to merely select the root folder and copy that to the sd card however successfully copied 75% of all the files, the rest did not show up when doing scan on M0 Pro.

Note, when I check all the files that I copied the easy lazy way all the files are visible on the sd card on the computer and look OK but when transferring the sd card to M0 Pro 25% are missing.

I do everything on a Linux Ubuntu 22.04 computer Intel i7 13700K 12 cores, 64 GB DDR5 mem, 1 TB of Samsung 980 Pro Nvme m.2.

sd card 71etcRZF-JL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #559 of 812
There is. Insert the card and enjoy :beyersmile:

Disclaimer: Data is complete and tagged properly.

Jul 17, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #561 of 812
I've just tried copying a few of the problematic files with the card inside the M3 in storage mode and the problem still persists =( .. i give up. I'll try to manage those files browsing by folders or playlists

Jul 17, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #563 of 812
I think I found one reason why M0 Pro cannot not find files that are copied by various copy utilities on your computer into the sd card. Filename or folder-name that contains blanks at the beginning or end such as this one ' My love for you ' appears to confuses M0 Pro and thus fail to scan and read. As a result you cannot find the files on your M0 Pro.

Request to Shanling> can you confirm with your engineering team if their scanning program fails when the filename or foldername begins or ends with a blank ' ' ? If so you may enhance the scanning program to deal with the exception.

To see how really filenames and filenames are spelled you have to go into command-line mode.
Below I am inside my sd cards folder. There you may see many files that starts and ends with a ' which is OK but the files that has a blank before or after the ' character fails to be recognized.
Screenshot from 2023-07-17 17-08-14.png

A workaround is to rename ' My love for you ' to 'My love for you' -- something that you should not need to do manually as you may write an easy python script to do the work before you issue the copy command, to copy all the files over to the sd card in one-go.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #565 of 812
I think I found one reason why M0 Pro cannot not find files that are copied by various copy utilities on your computer into the sd card. Filename or folder-name that contains blanks at the beginning or end such as this one ' My love for you.flac ' appears to confuses M0 Pro and thus fail to scan and read. As a result you cannot find the files on your M0 Pro.

Request to Shanling> can you confirm with your engineering team if their scanning program fails when the filename or foldername begins or ends with a blank ' ' ? If so you may enhance the scanning program to deal with the exception.

To see how really filenames and filenames are spelled you have to go into command-line mode.
Below I am inside my sd cards folder. There you may see many files that starts and ends with a ' which is OK but the files that has a blank before or after the ' character fails to be recognized.

A workaround is to rename ' My love for you.flac ' to 'My love for you.flac' -- something that you should not need to do manually as you may write an easy python script to do the work before you issue the copy command, to copy all the files over to the sd card in one-go.
SOLVED

this solves scanning issues and removes possible "files do not exist" or "unable to play file" on your M0 Pro. I have verified the method and it solves all my problems.

On Linux and perhaps also on Mac, run my program stripper.py as follows. It is very fast and the fasted way to copy files is to use rsync in progress mode.
  1. stripper.py <top location of all your files>
  2. rsync -arP <top location of all your files> <your sd card>
program available at: https://github.com/MalinYamato/stripper

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #566 of 812
SOLVED

this solves scanning issues and removes possible "files do not exist" or "unable to play file" on your M0 Pro. I have verified the method and it solves all my problems.

On Linux and perhaps also on Mac, run my program stripper.py as follows. It is very fast and the fasted way to copy files is to use rsync in progress mode.
  1. stripper.py <top location of all your files>
  2. rsync -arP <top location of all your files> <your sd card>
program available at: https://github.com/MalinYamato/stripper
I have both the M0 and the M0 Pro and I have never had the problems you are solving for yourself.

Jul 17, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #567 of 812
I have both the M0 and the M0 Pro and I have never had the problems you are solving for yourself.
You are lucky not having filenames or folders with a leading or ending blank character... When I download and convert from Tidal some filenames and folder names have a blank in the beginning or at the end or both.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #568 of 812
I think I found one reason why M0 Pro cannot not find files that are copied by various copy utilities on your computer into the sd card. Filename or folder-name that contains blanks at the beginning or end such as this one ' My love for you.flac ' appears to confuses M0 Pro and thus fail to scan and read. As a result you cannot find the files on your M0 Pro.

A workaround is to rename ' My love for you.flac ' to 'My love for you.flac' -- something that you should not need to do manually as you may write an easy python script to do the work before you issue the copy command, to copy all the files over to the sd card in one-go.

Ok, reported, but I don't think I ever saw any user having such issue, not even sure how would you end up with blank spaces in front of the file names

You are lucky not having filenames or folders with a leading or ending blank character... When I download and convert from Tidal some filenames and folder names have a blank in the beginning or at the end or both. M0 Pro is unable to handle that.

For fun, you may insert a blank at the beginning and end of the filename of one of your files or folders to see what happens.

Downloading files from Tidal?

Thanks for the reply, The new scan shows all files on the 512gb card, 12.077 that includes all files, The new scan doesn't seem to skip any files. The scan detects all files but then a lot of them are missing. Even when I hit the "unknown artist" there is a list of all the albums missing, but when I click on the album , the album is empty.
Something strange is that most missing albums are from 2 specific artists that I have a lot of tracks, singles remixes albums etc.

For these two artists A and B I have 1.283 and 924 tracks on card. When I open all tracks for these artists I only get 987 and 610 track for each. All tracks a properly tagged and album artists tag. The are some other albums missing for different artists and compilation. I tried putting these files on a 128gb card with nothing else and the problems persists... so maybe the problem too many tracks for a single artists?

If your issue is present mainly on one section of files, it might be best to check the tags on them.
You can send us some sample for a test if you wish.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 18, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #570 of 812
There are many way to get tidal file
yuppers! without that a M0 pro would be much less valuable. I write my own python program to do that including an instance of decryption using AES chiffer algorithm and special MQA file format handling. I will merge stripper.py with my download-decrypt program to assure that all I download have not blanks at the beginning or end. As you really know, there are very expensive windows programs to do that which are extremely slow and their their MQA handling is not that great as they try to compress into smaller files. I dont care so much for large files, I download and convert asis -- as it is 2023, we may get 2 TB sd if we wish.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back