Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Apr 14, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #4,966 of 6,418
Don´t know if this been answered or not, but I would like to know if the playlists, you created manually on this device, can they be exported?
It would be nice to be able to use them on other devices and not spending hours to recreate them again.

Apr 15, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #4,969 of 6,418
Just an fyi, had the volume default to maximum today at work. NOT a fun experience and not one I would care to repeat. The only saving grace was I was using a pair of westone um1's and not something really sensitive. Had put the cable in the socket and pressed play. No volume up on the screen or anything like that.

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #4,970 of 6,418
New firmware 2.5 released. Adding lock screen, USB-BT transmitter, BT-USB transport and should be fixing issues with USB DAC delay and improving compatibility with car stereos.

Download from Google Drive
Download from Shanling website

M0 2.5.jpg

Shanling M0 Firmware 2.5 notes

Changes and fixes:

1. Added Lock screen, including user created backgrounds

2. Added new ways of connectivity for Bluetooth and USB:
- Bluetooth USB Transport
- USB Bluetooth transmitter

For new functions 1 and 2, more information can be found in separate PDF file, included alongside firmware.

3. Improved USB DAC mode, reducing lag

4. Improved Bluetooth connection with car stereos

5. Added randomized background for files without album art

6. Other bug fixes

Last edited:
Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Apr 17, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #4,971 of 6,418
New firmware 2.5 released. Adding lock screen, USB-BT transmitter, BT-USB transport and should be fixing issues with USB DAC delay and improving compatibility with car stereos.

Download from Google Drive
Download from Shanling website

Changes and fixes:

2. Added new ways of connectivity for Bluetooth, USB and Wi-Fi:

For new functions 1 and 2, more information can be found in separate PDF file, included alongside firmware.

3. Improved USB DAC mode, reducing lag

4. Improved Bluetooth connection with car stereos

5. Added randomized background for files without album art

6. Other bug fixes

Awesome! I'm going to have so much fun adding some flair to my Shanling M0 using the Lock screen feature... thank you, Shanling!

Apr 17, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #4,974 of 6,418

Changes and fixes:

2. Added new ways of connectivity for Bluetooth, USB and Wi-Fi:

The bluetooth in USB out function works well. I wish this function had been there from the beginning, but better late than never. It makes the M0 a really versitile little player.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #4,975 of 6,418
I don't know if has been asnwered previously, but I'm missing something or is it really necessary each time I add files and I update the library it updated from the ground?, I mean usually when a library is updated, normally takes less time and It updates only the new files, not all the files again.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #4,977 of 6,418
Shanling, how do Mac users update the firmware on the M0? Please advise.
The instructions for update are the same for all OS, in the PDF in the zip folder. You must connect the M0 to your Mac (in System, choose the USB Mode: USB, not DAC)

1. Make sure that M0 is fully charged.
2. Unzip the file and copy “update.bin” file into root folder of micro SD card.
Note: If your M0 is on firmware 1.0 or 1.5, card must be formatted to FAT32. For update from
firmware 2.0 and higher, you can use all cards.
3. Choose “System Update”in system settings and follow the displayed instructions.
Wait until system restarts.
4. Check in settings “About M0” to be sure new firmware was installed.

Apr 17, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #4,978 of 6,418
With the new 2.5 firmware using m0 as usb dac and bluetooth (wh-1000xm2) headphones connected i had issues after like 15-20 minutes music theres no more sound i can hear. I have to unplug and plug m0- back ,then its working again. Will keep testing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back