Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Apr 19, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #4,996 of 6,418
New firmware 2.5 released.
Check out the custom firmware from XVortex.
http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=206297&p=2777162&viewfull=1#post2777162
https://mega.nz/#!h9kCnIKI!w2NU5eGi29sX4lrTQ_6pfdTr2sdQADWVwPEDb_2KgvE

In it due to the increased font and other changes - control through a small touch screen works many times more stable than in the factory firmware (noticeable in the context menu "three points").

In addition, it makes sense to increase the icons "play mode" and "heart" or move them out of the corners of the screen - closer to the center of the screen. Now these icons are located in the place where the touch screen does not work - you need to press a little closer to the center of the screen from the icon to trigger the function.

What is the news on the introduction of custom equalizer in Shanling m0 ??

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #4,997 of 6,418
In it due to the increased font and other changes - control through a small touch screen works many times more stable than in the factory firmware (noticeable in the context menu "three points").

'Many times more stable' sounds like solid marketing speak that is in no way quantifiable.

The thread you link is in Russian, it is not very helpful in figuring out the actual changes done in that custom firmware.

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #4,998 of 6,418
'Many times more stable' sounds like solid marketing speak that is in no way quantifiable.
On the original firmware in the menu "three points" I managed to get from the third or fifth time.
On the custom firmware, I get into this menu from the first time - in 10 cases out of 10.

This is the only statistically quantitative estimate that I can give you.

The main thing that influenced me seems to be changing the font size of all text elements. They have become larger.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #4,999 of 6,418

Bummer. This would've turned the Mojo into a virtual Poly Mojo.

Hi @Shanling.....feature request for the M0 to be able to be usd as a transport into a dac/amp outputting audio received from Bluetooth, along with AAC Bluetooth transmission. Cheers.
This was discussed few times already, our plan is to bring such feature to M0.
Is this feature avaiable in M0 yet ? thank

Apr 19, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #5,005 of 6,418
To be honest we don't even know if official firmwares are safe.. For example since at least a month I have a streamer.exe windows app either from Aigo, Fiio or the Shanling player. It replicates itself in all music folders. Now it gives an error on each windows start up because Avast recognized it heuristically as a suspiciously behaving app and killed it.

Maybe it just helps the player but we do not know.

P. S. Yes you can return to normal firmware. At least I had succeeded doing so on the 2.4 custom firmware.

Apr 21, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #5,007 of 6,418
First head-fi post but long-time follower of this thread.

Is there any way or option to make the m0 output mono (from stereo files)?
I only have hearing in my right ear On my pc foobar downmixes everything but I feel like I miss out with m0.

Thanks!

Apr 21, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #5,008 of 6,418
I dissected the 2.5 and 2.5 custom and although I cannot guarantee anything of course, it seems safe to install (except if you want to use the "Poland" country since the Russian translations and flag have replaced the Polish ones). The changes are essentially the same as before (between 2.4 and 2.4 custom) with some extra changes in images (PNG files). If people are interested, I can send a tar xz dumps of the 2 filesystems (original and custom) but they take around 16MB... I cannot attach them.

Apr 21, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #5,009 of 6,418
First head-fi post but long-time follower of this thread.

Is there any way or option to make the m0 output mono (from stereo files)?
I only have hearing in my right ear On my pc foobar downmixes everything but I feel like I miss out with m0.

Thanks!
Congratulaions on the 1st post @BabyLamb89 . Don't now if the M0 can mix stereo to mono. If not, it would be easy to build a small adapter for wired phones.

Apr 21, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #5,010 of 6,418
Congratulaions on the 1st post @BabyLamb89 . Don't now if the M0 can mix stereo to mono. If not, it would be easy to build a small adapter for wired phones.

Thanks for the reply. I found an adapter like this this but I'm in Europe and the price gets closer to $40 after customs etc.. And I'm electronically challenged so while it might be easy to make one, not for me unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back