Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 8, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #1,141 of 6,418
I successfully updated to v.2.0 using my Chromebook with no issues at all. I have an app that unpacks many compressed files, including rar.
I also have an 8 gb card that I only use for firmware updates. It was natively formatted to FAT32. Any card less than 32 gb should be FAT32 out of the box. Saves a lot of hassle using a dedicated preformatted card already FAT32.

Jun 8, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #1,142 of 6,418
Hey guys the Shanling M0 works fine with ExFat cards, it's the Android framework that doesn't. The problem was that one of the users was having issues with unpacking the RAR file on a ExFat formatted card.

There are applications that will make any 32+GBs card a fat32 format you would just need to search it out.

@Shanling is it possible just to link the bin file as it would make the upgrade simpler for some of the people having problems or unable due to operatng system?

Jun 8, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #1,143 of 6,418
Got mine today,
but...
It just scrolls through, by itself, won't sit still or take screen input, I even reset it, its now in French and enabling/disabling USB :)

sent a message to the seller, really hope I don't need to send it back :frowning2:

Any Tips, for now, I'll let it run out of battery.?

Video here
I had the same problem. .no solution...you have to return it

Jun 8, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #1,144 of 6,418
Jun 8, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #1,146 of 6,418
Hi,

Unfortunately, as a Mac user, I am not able to decompress the file with the applications available (e.g. iZip). Is there some way of opening this on a Mac, or would it be possible to make an uncompressed version available?

Thanks.
I use this: https://theunarchiver.com/
It's also on the app store.
Now if only I had an M0 (waiting for the more colourful variants to come in stock).

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #1,151 of 6,418
Did the firmware update to 2.0. No issues. Scrolling and UI response seems better.
The M0 with the OPPO HA2-SE DAC/AMP is a fantastic sounding and pocket-able combination! Together they drive my HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 really well.
When using the M0 alone, I'm finding that the OPPO PM-3 headphones are also a stellar sounding match for it.
20180608_190947274_iOS.jpg

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #1,154 of 6,418
I seem to have a BT connection issue. I can only connect to the first wireless earbuds I have used. Even placing it in the trash can symbol and attempting another wireless earbuds does not work. Any suggestions. Thanks!

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #1,155 of 6,418
for those who are having problems unziping the file here it's https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkjLGSQYz-N0g_5kdxEvYtqKdfpw_g and for those who don't have the sd card formatted as FAT32 i did it with this app (no viruses and very little advertising) https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/convert-exfat-to-fat32.html it's very easy to use and it worked beautifully with my 64gb sand disk sd
Thanks- works perfectly now!

Together with the iBasso D14, this is now my go-to DAP (see signature).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back