Shanling ET3 - Dedicated Digital CD Transport, With USB Drive and Wi-Fi Support
Feb 10, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #616 of 769
Cable arrived today. I just hooked it up... IT WORKS!!! I honestly don't know what I'm doing here. I'll show you what I selected and what I'm getting at the dac. And, I haven't done any updates to the A26 or the ET3.

20231211_182706.jpg20231211_181644.jpg20231211_181631.jpg

And, to answer your question about conveying what you're putting together. During checkout, there is a comment section. I listed the two components there. No issues. Took a couple days longer to get here than I expected but it was delivered by snail mail this afternoon.
Where did you order the I2S cable from? I have a Gustard X18 dac, and hoping I can use the same cable that you bought.
Thanks, JMac

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:45 AM Post #619 of 769
I manage to get the Bluetooth working on ET3. I need to off the Synclink then the Bluetooth works.
Makes sense since Synclink hogs BT.

Feb 12, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #620 of 769
Hi,

I’ve had, and have been enjoying, the et3 since last summer. A question suddenly dawned on me though, do we know anything about the power supply?

Is there a smps inside the case or is it a more sophisticated power supply? There is no fuse on the iec cable input from what I can tell.

Feb 13, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #624 of 769
Took a punt on the ET3 since getting back into CDs and I love it...great player...the app and some of the syncing issues are a bit unpredictable esph with an attached USB...sometimes DSD files freeze up the whole thing and since adding them I'm getting a weird kinda crash screen with a yellow stripe down the centre which is a bit worrying...will take a pic when it happens again, also getting no DSD64 playback through AES, just says 174khz....have a few MQA CD's that will play higher res as DSD but Through the USB cable but every now and again..just go to white noise and then freeze up the player...I'm hoping these can be ironed out soon....I'm running it into a Auralic Vega G2 Dac

Feb 13, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #625 of 769
HI,

I just tried to update the firmware from 1.5 to 1.6 via usb (local) and got the message 'Update Failed'.

Now when I turn the power switch at the back of the unit only the small blue LED at the front lights up nothing else...

If there a way to solve this?

Feb 18, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #628 of 769
Recently I am getting random song skips and pauses, occuring on both i2s and usb outputs.
Tired different CDs yet facing this, tried 2 different DACs, r26 and Eversolo A6.
Interesting. Not experienced this. Perhaps @Shanling can help you troubleshoot when he comes back next week. :)

Feb 19, 2024 at 4:08 AM Post #630 of 769
Yup, the funny part is same CD plays well sometimes, and there are times when it decides to act funny.

I have reset the device, yet got some skips in start for a few minutes and then it disappeared 😕
In which case it could be a hardware issue :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back