Shanling ET3 - Dedicated Digital CD Transport, With USB Drive and Wi-Fi Support
Feb 8, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #602 of 755
ET3 side of AES/EBU is male connector, as is standard for AES/EBU. (Three prongs on the side of ET3)

You should use such cable for connection to DAC:

1705030573034.png

Both the ET3 and my X005 Bal2 have the same AES/EBU connection, but the only cables I have that would support this config are super short and won't work in the scenario I would use them in.

Can I get any AES/EBU (with male/female ends) and get an adapter for the male end so I have female to female? I've not really used AES/EBU before, not sure how this might work/not work. I'm not seeing any AES/EBU cables that are just female to female.

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #603 of 755
Both the ET3 and my X005 Bal2 have the same AES/EBU connection, but the only cables I have that would support this config are super short and won't work in the scenario I would use them in.

Can I get any AES/EBU (with male/female ends) and get an adapter for the male end so I have female to female? I've not really used AES/EBU before, not sure how this might work/not work. I'm not seeing any AES/EBU cables that are just female to female.

I'm unsure why you would have to do a gender change for AES/EBU. I'm also unsure why the X005 would use a non standard port. Are you certain the X005 has a AES/EBU input? It sounds like you are trying to connect AES/EBU output (ET3) to AES/EBU output (X005).

You aren't seeing any AES/EBU cables that are female to female as that isn't to standard. I'm using a high quality XLR to connect the Yggdrasil to the ET3. It's not AES/EBU per se, but it works very well. As long as the XLR has a high enough resistance (110ohms), you should be fine.

Feb 8, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #604 of 755
I'm unsure why you would have to do a gender change for AES/EBU. I'm also unsure why the X005 would use a non standard port. Are you certain the X005 has a AES/EBU input? It sounds like you are trying to connect AES/EBU output (ET3) to AES/EBU output (X005).

You aren't seeing any AES/EBU cables that are female to female as that isn't to standard. I'm using a high quality XLR to connect the Yggdrasil to the ET3. It's not AES/EBU per se, but it works very well. As long as the XLR has a high enough resistance (110ohms), you should be fine.

No idea why they use what they have, and I've not used AES before, but below is the X005 Bal2 inputs. I can obviously use with optical/coxial/USB, but was curious about using with AES to give it a try.

xd05-bal-2-2.png

Feb 8, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #605 of 755
No idea why they use what they have, and I've not used AES before, but below is the X005 Bal2 inputs. I can obviously use with optical/coxial/USB, but was curious about using with AES to give it a try.

xd05-bal-2-2.png
That's a mini XLR for AES. The unit comes with a mini XLR cable for some reason. So, this falls under some proprietary AES input. Might want email company for suggestions.

Feb 8, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #606 of 755
I am using LDAC connection for Bluetooth. What codec should I use? I am using Samsung S22 plus

LDAC should be just fine.
So it's displayed when you connect your Samsung to ET3 over Bluetooth?
Can you try to delete any pairing and repeat the pairing from the side of Samsung phone?
Trying to set up sync link on android causes my ET3 to freeze. I have to use iOS. I’m using a galaxy zflip5.

Which ET3 firmware/app version? Will report to software team.

Yes, that looks like mini XLR. For that one you will need to get custom-made cable if you want to use Xduo AES input.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Feb 9, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #607 of 755

You need a cable like this, just go to any sound related shop and they can create and properly terminated mini AES with a female output if you don't want to buy it.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/327837-REG/Sound_Devices_XL_2F_TA_3_Female_to_XLR.html/?ap=y&ap=y&smp=y&smp=y&smpm=ba_f2_lar&lsft=BI:514&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAt5euBhB9EiwAdkXWO6VLDTh-0Gl3lZ7uoYjmCK6zUFHKY5VN8Vunqv9K3lSul6ZmZ37gyxoC1oYQAvD_BwE

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 6.22.46 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 6.22.46 AM.png
    208 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #609 of 755
Which ET3 firmware/app version? Will report to software team.

I confirmed I'm on the latest FW and app. No issues with EC Mini and the ZFlIp5.

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #611 of 755
regarding the remote control for this unit: I received a basic black remote with a Shanling logo on it, labeled RC-T3. The front surface has a bit of texture on it, but it does not match the remote shown in the product photos for "what's in the box" on the Shanling website, and it does not fit in the cutout next to the lid in the packaging. Instead it was tucked into the same section with the power cable, next to the main unit.

Is this a legit remote which is sometimes provided for this unit? If not I obviously need to take this up with the seller.

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #612 of 755
Perhaps Shanling could launch also the ET-3S (“S” for simple), with a better and more basic display arrangement (like those already suggested in this thread) and without all extra features, like streaming, bluetooth, airplay, etc…
Just a straightforward CD transport :)
I guess that the power supply would be less stressed without the extra circuitry…

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #613 of 755
I got my i2s cable today for my ET3 and Smsl D400 pro, and playing cd and airplay with DSD upsampling. But I don't get sound out on DSD512 only on DSD256 and lower. Anyone know why? DAC should handle DSD512 also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back