Shanling ET3 - Dedicated Digital CD Transport, With USB Drive and Wi-Fi Support
Dec 19, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #376 of 781
There is a mismatch on pins 14-17, so custom cable is probably needed.
Thanks @Shanling and @Bakczy , I am not savvy in customize HDMI cable... BTW, today I receive a warning on Eddict Apps (Android OS) causing high battery usage, can Shanling software team investigate what happening.?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231220_094456_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20231220_094456_Device care.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 0
Dec 20, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #377 of 781
Using Airplay to play on the ET-3 on a mid week session with the SAEQ HSA-1C to the RAAL SR-1a. :)

IMG_1448.jpeg

Dec 20, 2023 at 3:35 AM Post #378 of 781
The Audio GD DAC model is the R28 2021 version (a R-2R DAC). I've bought the Et3 in these days and I hope to receive the player very soon.
Of course I'd like to perform upsampling and DSD conversion to my DAC by I2s, being the USB not allowing upsampling.
when you get the ET3, you could try it and the I2S output with any HDMI cable you have at home to check if there are any problems or not. For example, my ET3 works perfectly paired with an SMSL DAC with a regular HDMI cable, especially after the latest firmware update from Shanling. Up to firmware 1.5, setting the DSD conversion with the SRC, the ET3 reversed the channels, the right one came out of the left and vice versa.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #379 of 781
@Shanling may I know what CDM mechanism for ET3 ? Would CD pucks or clamp suitable for ET3 ? Just curious

Dec 21, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #380 of 781
@Shanling may I know what CDM mechanism for ET3 ? Would CD pucks or clamp suitable for ET3 ? Just curious
Look at first post. All information is there. You can only use lid with built in clamp because of some sensor that need the lid to be in place to start cd spinning.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #381 of 781
@Shanling Small question is it possible to implement a auto scan option for connected usb drives. Or is there a option in the eddict app to scan the usb drive connected to the Et3. It would be very nice that when you connect a usb drive the player automaticly starts a scan of the drive, maybe run the scan in the background so you can continu listing to your music.

One more question I was surpriced that the eddict app is not supported on my lenovo Chromebook, is the app suported on tablets?

But for now I'm happy with the player, did not do any listing tests and compared it to my sony xa50es and my htpc.
A usb slot in the front could also be handy but i connected a usb hub for easy switch between usb disks.

Eduard

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #382 of 781
One days ago I received my ET3, nice packaging, sadly no batteries for the remote. i2s with a vandenHul HDMI works. I checked with USB and SPDIFf, but at this moment I prefer i2s. My dac is a Spring Audio dac with TDA1540 dac inside. This is the first dac Philips made and in our opinion still the best ever. After some playing time I will compare the ET3 with my Proceed cd drive and my 47 labs drive.

Dec 21, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #383 of 781
Look at first post. All information is there. You can only use lid with built in clamp because of some sensor that need the lid to be in place to start cd spinning.
Are you sure third party CD pucks/clamps won't work ? I need to buy a new lid if it is broken?

Dec 21, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #384 of 781
Are you sure third party CD pucks/clamps won't work ? I need to buy a new lid if it is broken?
You could possibly try and tape them down....unless they are magnetic sensors or something.

Attachments

• Headphone-Zone-Shanling-ET3-10~2.jpg
    Headphone-Zone-Shanling-ET3-10~2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0
Dec 21, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #385 of 781
TGIF! Chilling with the Shangrila Jr off the ET-3. :)

IMG_1474.jpeg

Dec 21, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #386 of 781
@Shanling Small question is it possible to implement a auto scan option for connected usb drives. Or is there a option in the eddict app to scan the usb drive connected to the Et3. It would be very nice that when you connect a usb drive the player automaticly starts a scan of the drive, maybe run the scan in the background so you can continu listing to your music.

One more question I was surpriced that the eddict app is not supported on my lenovo Chromebook, is the app suported on tablets?

But for now I'm happy with the player, did not do any listing tests and compared it to my sony xa50es and my htpc.
A usb slot in the front could also be handy but i connected a usb hub for easy switch between usb disks.

Eduard

We have automatic scan on our portable players, but not yet something we implemented on the desktop machines.

You can start the scan in the Eddict Player once the device is connected over SyncLink.

We never tested our app on Chromebooks, they are not really a thing in China, so can't assist on that one.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 22, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #387 of 781
We have automatic scan on our portable players, but not yet something we implemented on the desktop machines.

You can start the scan in the Eddict Player once the device is connected over SyncLink.

We never tested our app on Chromebooks, they are not really a thing in China, so can't assist on that one.
Thanks for the quick reply. I will look for the scan option in the Eddict player.
One more question could you implement an auto standby option. For shutting down after X a mount of time no input from remote or app. Or just a timer you could set manualy.

Dec 22, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #388 of 781
Beautiful device, CDs sound great, already have fw 1.6, but I still can't get WiFi to connect despite trying for over an hour. Instructions do not match up in Android app with device where Eddict Player says navigate Settings | WiFi Configuration | One-key network configuration ===> and this is not an option. What is shown is Settings | WiFi setting | Smart Config, and that is not working for me.

Either way, I have toggled BT on and off, WiFi on and off, both before and after entering app and turning on transport, and obviously this may require a good amount of beers to get past, lol.

Dec 22, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #390 of 781
Beautiful device, CDs sound great, already have fw 1.6, but I still can't get WiFi to connect despite trying for over an hour. Instructions do not match up in Android app with device where Eddict Player says navigate Settings | WiFi Configuration | One-key network configuration ===> and this is not an option. What is shown is Settings | WiFi setting | Smart Config, and that is not working for me.

Either way, I have toggled BT on and off, WiFi on and off, both before and after entering app and turning on transport, and obviously this may require a good amount of beers to get past, lol.
I also had problems with the wifi. Then I solved it like this, directly from Shanling support. Follow step-by-step
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Io_OdleRwRSSBVB5P-b2cNohG69UiiWE/view?usp=sharing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back