SF South Bay Meet - Saturday, November 3, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #31 of 97
Been super busy as of late, nice to see so much interest despite this being a mini meet!

If you had to name only one track, what would be your go-to "demo music" track, and why?

Tough question. Ideally I scroll down my playlist of songs testing a ton of my favorites, but I'd settle with Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" if I only get one song to test.

I listen to a lot of American Pop. I also have some JPop/Anime/KPop, but noone cares about that. So feel free to bring a flash drive or load up a streaming service if you want to give your own songs a whirl on my machine. I'll trust that the flash drives you guys bring are safe...haha.

Also didn't expect to see so many HD 6XX/650s. Guess I should've expected that since that's the reference headphone for all other headphones.

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #32 of 97
Been super busy as of late, nice to see so much interest despite this being a mini meet!

Tough question. Ideally I scroll down my playlist of songs testing a ton of my favorites, but I'd settle with Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" if I only get one song to test.

I listen to a lot of American Pop. I also have some JPop/Anime/KPop, but noone cares about that. So feel free to bring a flash drive or load up a streaming service if you want to give your own songs a whirl on my machine. I'll trust that the flash drives you guys bring are safe...haha.

Also didn't expect to see so many HD 6XX/650s. Guess I should've expected that since that's the reference headphone for all other headphones.

I had a hard time selecting just one track as well. Thanks for sharing your choice!

I'll post a complete list of everyone's picks in the impressions thread.

Sep 22, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #33 of 97
Hi Everyone,

I have some exciting news. I just received confirmation that @DanWiggins with Periodic Audio will be providing samples of their IEMs and upcoming Nickel amp for our meet. Thank you Dan for your generous offer.

I've updated the announcement page with this new addition. I look forward to seeing everyone at the meet!

Sep 24, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #35 of 97
@Howell Selburn, @koven, @Audiofiend1, @chuckwheat, and @elira,

This is a quick reminder to those who have not submitted a list of equipment to bring to the meet. Please take a few minutes to post the gear you intend to bring.

I'll update the first post of this thread once this information has been provided. If you do not intend to bring anything, please indicate that in post so I can reflect that in the Attendees/Gear section as well. The faster we complete this task, the fewer reminders I'll have to post. So thank you for your prompt attention to this request.

Hi, sorry for being late. I'll try my best to bring my gear:
-Sennheiser HD800S
-Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball
-Schiit Modi Multibit

-Sennheiser HD650
-Schiit Modi 2 Uber
-Schiit Magni 2 Uber

I'm a little scared about them being mishandled or damaged. I would be sad to find any of those with new scratches. I've been to these before and found everyone to be very careful, so I'm staying hopeful.

Sep 25, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #36 of 97
Hi, sorry for being late. I'll try my best to bring my gear:
-Sennheiser HD800S
-Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball
-Schiit Modi Multibit

-Sennheiser HD650
-Schiit Modi 2 Uber
-Schiit Magni 2 Uber

I'm a little scared about them being mishandled or damaged. I would be sad to find any of those with new scratches. I've been to these before and found everyone to be very careful, so I'm staying hopeful.

Hi chuckwheat! No need to apologize and thank you for getting back to me with your list. If it's any consolation, all of the Head-Fi members I've met are very respectful of other members gear, so I believe you needn't be concerned about damage to your gear. I'm glad you can make it and I look forward to seeing you at the meet!

Sep 26, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #38 of 97
I just have a pendalumic headset. I will need to check the batteries as I've not used it in some time. I could bring that if anyone is interested.

Hi hselburn, welcome to our meet thread and thanks for offering to bring the Pendalumic. Unfortunately, we're at capacity at the moment. But if you are interested, I can add you to our wait list. Say the word, and I'll add you to the list.

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #39 of 97
October is here and the count down to our meet is on with only one month to go! Are you ready? I certainly am!

In preparation for our meet, I created name cards for all confirmed members. Here's a sample...

upload_2018-10-3_14-41-5.jpeg

On an administrative matter... I'm still waiting to hear back from several members who have not confirmed they will attend (I will be reaching out to you via PM). As I mentioned before, seating to this mini-meet is limited. So again, it is important that I receive your confirmation. If I have not heard from you by Friday October 12th, you will lose your reservation. Your slot will then be offered to the next member on our waiting list.

So what's your favorite demo music track? I'm still interested in getting everyone's thoughts on music that you use to demo equipment. If you haven't done so already, post your favorite track so I can give it a try. I look forward hearing from you and meeting everyone soon!

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #44 of 97
Hello All,

A quick update... I've reached out to everyone who initially expressed an interest in attending the meet, and I've received confirmations from all but @Howell Selburn. At this time, I'm opening the wait list, and I'll be notifying members of openings. If you are currently on the wait list, you may be receiving a PM from me in the near future. Thank you, everyone, for your patience.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #45 of 97
I did respond. You said I was on the wait list. I took that as my status. So I don’t know what is going on. I am semi frustrated at the moment. If I can’t go, I’ll live and perhaps go to the next big event, probably next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back