SF Bay Area Meet on Sunday February 17, 2013 (the one which is really going to happen)
Feb 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #421 of 477
Quote:
Hey all,

I just notified Purrin and Analixus that we won't be able to make the show.

The reason? A production engineering problem that demands all-hands input (me, Mike and Dave) now, if we want to make our commitments. It just showed this afternoon, and we are all still at the office. So, unless there is a minor miracle before the sun rises, I don't think we'll be in shape to pack up gear, headphones, computers, banners, etc and drive up.

Please accept our regrets and deepest apologies. 

All the best,
Jason

That's real bad news, first Eddie Current and now Schiit is out. (But sorry about the production glitch.) I was thinking of testing and maybe buying a new amp. You guys have the most appealing array of amp/dac gear I've seen.

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #423 of 477
That's real bad news, first Eddie Current and now Schiit is out. (But sorry about the production glitch.) I was thinking of testing and maybe buying a new amp. You guys have the most appealing array of amp/dac gear I've seen.

Don't worry. Purrin is bringing a whole pile of Schiit from Jason on his way to the meet. I expect Eddie Current will be amply represented from member rigs.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #424 of 477
Quote:

Did something happen to Mr. Eddie Current which I am not aware of? What is the source of such scandalous rumors?

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #425 of 477

So, what will this event be called?  Just in cast I may need to ask at the front desk if I lose my way.

Front entrance
Left
Upstairs
Rooms: Salon 1-5

REMINDER:

I know it's already been mentioned, but a lot the higher end stuff tends to be CD-player based. I burned two of my own CDs for evaluation purposes. Burning a CD with your own music is a good idea. Unless you want to listen to Patricia Barber, Ravi Shankar's daughter, or that Jazz chick who's married to Elvis Costello (sorry, I can't remember their names) over and over and over and over again.

SPECIAL THANKS:

To all those who have donated (and all of them have asked to be anonymous.) This kind of generosity makes me happy and less cynical about the fate of human beings.

CEETEE and Questhate, who picked up the ball when I got recalled at the last minute for a special assignment at work and then got very sick.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #426 of 477
Hey, are most people going to actually arrive at 8? I don't want to be first, but if people are going to be there at 8 I will be too!

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #427 of 477
Quote:

Front entrance
Left
Upstairs
Rooms: Salon 1-5

REMINDER:

I know it's already been mentioned, but a lot the higher end stuff tends to be CD-player based. I burned two of my own CDs for evaluation purposes. Burning a CD with your own music is a good idea. Unless you want to listen to Patricia Barber, Ravi Shankar's daughter, or that Jazz chick who's married to Elvis Costello (sorry, I can't remember their names) over and over and over and over again.

SPECIAL THANKS:

To all those who have donated (and all of them have asked to be anonymous.) This kind of generosity makes me happy and less cynical about the fate of human beings.

CEETEE and Questhate, who picked up the ball when I got recalled at the last minute for a special assignment at work and then got very sick.

Offiicial T-shirt logo as well?  This should be a good fest indeed.  Thanks for the fast response!

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #428 of 477
Just discovered this event. Looks like I'll have to wait till next year. Ironically, I know the Sofitel well as I work in one of those glass towers across the lagoon. Looking forward to some great pictures. 
happy_face1.gif

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #430 of 477
Quote:
Just discovered this event. Looks like I'll have to wait till next year. Ironically, I know the Sofitel well as I work in one of those glass towers across the lagoon. Looking forward to some great pictures. 
happy_face1.gif

Come on by. There's room.

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #431 of 477
It's been some time since I last burned a CD. What format do you actually burn it in? Drop files onto it or actually have to make it playable (not even sure how that works anymore haha)?

Sooooooo looking forward to the SR-009.... and there are multiple of them... which makes it even more ridiculous

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #432 of 477
Anyone gonna be there at 8?

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #433 of 477
Quote:
Anyone gonna be there at 8?

I am shooting to get there around 8am, but a lot will depend on how quickly I wake up and what pace my morning run is at.  90% certain I will be their by 8:30.

--mark

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #434 of 477
Sweet. Means I'll be there at 8. 

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #435 of 477
Quote:
It's been some time since I last burned a CD. What format do you actually burn it in? Drop files onto it or actually have to make it playable (not even sure how that works anymore haha)?

Sooooooo looking forward to the SR-009.... and there are multiple of them... which makes it even more ridiculous

If you're not sure just use iTunes and make sure its set to "Audio CD".

If you have it set up as a data disc many of the transports won't be able to play it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back