Sexiest headphones.
Mar 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #106 of 190
BeyerDynamic DT990 (not the pro rubbish) and Ultrasone Pro 900s for me

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #108 of 190
I like these Manufaktur DT990s in black and chrome.

Too bad their treble is so painful...

Mar 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #109 of 190
Mar 12, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #110 of 190

Quote:

[size=10.0pt]I agree. There is always something immediately pleasing about curves, circles and spheres, and this design has all three elements. It’s simultaneously organic and futuristic. It looks as if it’s carved from a single piece of material and there isn’t a right angle or straight line on it. [/size]

[size=10pt]This design simply invites the eye to follow its contours and explore its form.[/size]

[size=10.0pt]If Mother Nature ever decides to made a headphone, it would look like this.[/size]

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #112 of 190

Quote:
THIS IS SEXY? OR UGLY??

I assume the phones & watch are a set because it's hard to believe he made two separate ugly purchases........................well maybe not that hard.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #114 of 190
Not sure if these are in here already, but I saw these in the for sale section here and I hadn't known about them before.

Fischer Audio FA-011

Mar 13, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #115 of 190
i think i first joined this forum to find out more about GRADO HF-1s and SONY MDR R10S... thus i find those the sexiest.... i always thought that darth beyers and other woodied customs w/ beautiful custom silver or clear copper cables looked absolutely amazing.... 

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #119 of 190
I think AKG consistently puts out good looking headphones. Even the cheapo K 44s look pretty good. The black/gold K 240s are pure class in a world of generic chrome gadgets. The K701s are very old-school and mechanical looking, like something you would see one your parent's top shelf as a kid and go "Ooo" and instantly start climbing to grab it and see what it does. It looks professional and hi-fi, like a mixerboard with a zillion knobs. Classy and powerful at the same time.

Beats are the ugliest to me. I hate "sleek" technology. I want to see the mechanics. I want Lamborghini Countach/Trans Am headphones with random stuff sticking out everywhere, not PT Cruiser headphones (Beats). I want them to look like something I would be wearing in an '80s science fiction movie with my stillsuit. AKG and a couple other brands have got that nailed.

Beats on the other hand take the "Apple" approach to technology aesthetics; just wrap everything in smooth, barren plastic so it doesn't clash with your shoes. It's like having a room in your house with a single profound beanbag laying in the middle and nothing else. God, I hate minimalism.

I guess it's the difference between people who like Rembrandt (depth, light, shadow, ultra-immersion) and people who like Rothko (giant square).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back