Sexiest headphones.
Jan 21, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 190
Certiainly the Sony Q010-MDR1 or more simply known as the Qualia. Pretty radical design for 2004.

and i think most would agree wood cups can look great [especially exotic wood] but i had to say "wow" when i first saw this promo shot of a custom etched Audio Technica ATH-W3000 Anniversary Edition. Trully worthy of being a display piece on a mantle.

And of course, picked unanimously long ago, the best of the best looking headphones (and it even sounds okay too!), the AKG K1000

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #8 of 190
Headphones I find sexy
  1. Grado/Alessandro, any model will do
  2. Beyerdynamics, I like the looks of the professional models
  3. Sennheiser, HD25 and the variants of these (the old ones, not the new ones)
  4. Aiaiai, TMA-1 (and the TMA-1 Studio)
  5. Denon, D2-/5-/7000
  6. AKG, the older studio models usually look pretty sexy
  7. Fostex, actually, I like most of their models, but the orthodynamic ones are really sexy looking
  8. Sony XB500/700/1000, I wouldn't wear these on the street, but I would by lying if I said these aren't sexy looking

Removed the ones I didn't find purdy to avoid negativity

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #14 of 190
I think there's a "big huge" thread on best looking headphones, but I have no idea where it went.

The Headphile Bloodwood CD3000 from the older promo pictures is wonderful looking.

Stuff that I'd actually listen to, the Koss ESP/10 and ESP/950 have a unique aesthetic that I like. And those Rotel planars from way back, the RH-930. 
Some pictures (there's no good pictures of the ESP/10's companion box the E/10, sadly):

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #15 of 190
I'm personally a sucker for wood headphones. I think the RS1is look really sexy. Sames goes for the LCD-2s. I know not everyone thinks the black grids on the side are "sexy". But that wood finish IMO is super sexy.

Guess I just love wood. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back