Setup Suggestions Needed!!!
Mar 23, 2020 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gadgetgod

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello Friends,

I am a guy who always listens to music while on the go or at the gym, so I have always opted for portable setups and my current setup includes, A Fiio M11 pro music player and DUNU DK-3001 Pro IEM. I am much satisfied with the beautiful balanced sound of this setup. But as they always say new experiences kind of change priorities sometimes. At a recent meet here in India I got introduced to the world of hi-fi headphone setups. I couldn't afford much as of now but I managed to get a pair of Senn HD6xx for myself.
But as expected the Fiio M11 pro is not powering it enough so I tried a bunch of Portable AMP's like Fiio Q1MK2(not enough power for HD6xx), Little Bear B4x(felt muddy especially in the highs region), and now I am getting a good deal at Aune B1S. So shall I opt for it for listening music portably or the HD6XX need proper Desktop setup only?
Portable for an open back headphone I obviously mean listening at home but I can't sit at a single place for long.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 23, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #2 of 4
I love the B1S for IEMs. It will probably fall far short of what you want for HD6XX.

If you can get a good tube OTL amp your Sennheisers will thank you.

Mar 24, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 4
I love the B1S for IEMs. It will probably fall far short of what you want for HD6XX.

If you can get a good tube OTL amp your Sennheisers will thank you.
Thanks for the info man, sure will look for some decent tube amp

Mar 27, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #4 of 4
What symptoms did you have that made you think the 6XX was under-driven?
Was it a volume thing or something else?
I don't find them difficult to drive, but the lowest output device I tried them on was a LG V50 and it worked great on there. It's not going to sound as good as my Asgard 3, sure, but it still sounds excellent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back