Seriously why so much hate on Bose?
Jun 6, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #91 of 187
bose and monster over price their products because the common consumer will not recognize companies such as Grado, Denon, etc...so they'll go for what is publicly advertised all the time or what they see at first hand or know. Rather, us here on Head-Fi know the inside of the whole headphone game...therefore, we know almost every company and the comparison between many headphones. The more we come on this site, the wider our knowledge of different companies and headphones becomes...that is why when a professional or somebody who just knows more about the headphone game compares a denon/sennheiser/grado/etc.... audiophile to the common consumer products from monster or bose, he or she will basically tell you that you, "the common consumer" is getting ripped off from "big name" companies such as bose.

gl hf.

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #93 of 187

Quote:
Haha morphon I agree but I would buy a leica in a second if I could afford it! That won't happen though! $8,000 could buy some nice new audio gear :wink:

You should check out the Soviet-era Russian rangefinders. Optics are usually VERY good Zeiss copies. Quirky, but inexpensive. Most of the passive light meters are not working since they are so old, but I've gotten some gorgeous slides out of my Fed 5C. I just had to bracket the exposures a bit.

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #94 of 187

Quote:
 The problem is BOSE cans/speakers are in no way the quality of the Hangover...they are more like The Three Amigos. Much better and fun cans can be had for less money...say the Denon D2000s

Snap! I've just realised the Bose QC3 is actually priced higher than D2000. bah... the £100 saved from buying the QC3 can be spent on a decent amp.

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #95 of 187
Caww!  CAHHH!!! up here! look up here! u twoo...you...youtwo CAHH!!!  LOOK UP HERE LOOK UP HERE LOOK UP HERE !!!! HEY GUYSS!!

im sorry, the 3 amigos is one of my favorite movies ever.  I would say that Bose has a plethora of bad qualities :wink:  haha 

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #96 of 187

You should check out the Soviet-era Russian rangefinders. Optics are usually VERY good Zeiss copies. Quirky, but inexpensive. Most of the passive light meters are not working since they are so old, but I've gotten some gorgeous slides out of my Fed 5C. I just had to bracket the exposures a bit.

I'll do that! I like the idea of using a range finder since it forces you to "see" differently, I imagine. And I'm sure someone's photography will improve. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #97 of 187
Have you guys ever heard those acoustic wave radios or whatever they are called? They genuinely sound good to me. I'm sure they are super colored or something, but they have a rich, full sound and a very smooth sound, and I can hear all of the details.

Also, while I like the Bose OEs, for some reason you cannot run with them. They magnify your steps and for some reason those frequencies cancel out a lot of sound from the headphones. You can't hear very well with them while running.

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #98 of 187

Have you guys ever heard those acoustic wave radios or whatever they are called? They genuinely sound good to me. I'm sure they are super colored or something, but they have a rich, full sound and a very smooth sound, and I can hear all of the details.

Also, while I like the Bose OEs, for some reason you cannot run with them. They magnify your steps and for some reason those frequencies cancel out a lot of sound from the headphones. You can't hear very well with them while running.

Yeah I heard one many years ago at a demo when they first came out. I thought it sounded nice for something so small. It will fill a small room with sound quite nicely. I wouldn't worry about the coloration too much, as most everything in the category, colors the sound. The Zeppelin comes to mind from B&W... Just my opinion though. Obviously, you can't expect an ultra resolved sound, like a serious hi-fi system can produce, but then again you can put the radio on the kitchen counter and forget about it, ya know?

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #99 of 187

Quote:
Bah I was very happy with Bose. Kind of overpriced I admit but no biggie. I still think the Triport OEs were some of the best cans I had, for my music tastes and comfort preference. 

I traded them in though to try the Phiaton MS300. I hope I love the MS300 as much as I loved the Triports.

can you compare the bose oe to your phiatons? regarding bass quality and soundstage?

Jun 6, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #100 of 187
I can... once they arrive. That won't be for a few weeks yet.

Jun 6, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #101 of 187
I actually looked up the Phiatons...it looks very tempting. I would order one if I hadn't already spent some money on a new pair of V6s. My old pair has been slowly biting the dust, now one of the earcups does not work. I am still waiting for the new pair to come in...but I still have my porta pros and my Bose OE to hold me over. 

As you can tell I sort of stay in mid fi...I can't afford super expensive stuff, even though I bought the Bose...but that was about 3 years ago. 

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #102 of 187
I'm a midfier myself, I stay away from the really expensive stuff generally because I find I don't get bang for my buck. I tried the RSA Mustang once, which I thought was already going into the high-end and found that it just wasn't worth it. I went back to mid-fi and got the E7 instead.  I've also tried some of the "nice stuff" like RS1 and the HF2 found I didn't really like them all that much compared to their lower end breathren, so I decided to stay down with the low end. Some day I will probably find a really high end set of gear that I really want, when that happens I'll probably pull the trigger but this isn't something I am going to do without sampling the item firsthand. I've learned my lesson and will never do a blind buy of high end expensive gear ever again.

Jun 7, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #104 of 187

Quote:
bose and monster over price their products because the common consumer will not recognize companies such as Grado, Denon, etc...so they'll go for what is publicly advertised all the time or what they see at first hand or know. Rather, us here on Head-Fi know the inside of the whole headphone game...therefore, we know almost every company and the comparison between many headphones. The more we come on this site, the wider our knowledge of different companies and headphones becomes...that is why when a professional or somebody who just knows more about the headphone game compares a denon/sennheiser/grado/etc.... audiophile to the common consumer products from monster or bose, he or she will basically tell you that you, "the common consumer" is getting ripped off from "big name" companies such as bose.

gl hf.

The Monster application can only be applied to their full-size range. Monster's higher end in-ears (the Monster Pro series) are good the price and are widely praised in the in-ear forum, which tbh, I consider to be the least bias of all the main Head-fi sub forums.

Jun 7, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #105 of 187
Quote:

gl hf.

Marketing ftw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back