September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Aug 20, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #181 of 408
Quote:

I don't know if other members are going to appreciate you playing speakers in the meet when we're listening to open headphones! Hahaha but bring whatever you wish to bring. I would be more than eager to try out your old school gear with my modern stuff. More variety, the better

I have no interest in hauling around my speakers at 100lbs each.  I meant to say that I have no interesting headphone-specific gear to bring, but that I could bring my digital source to the meet.

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #182 of 408
I have no interest in hauling around my speakers at 100lbs each.  I meant to say that I have no interesting headphone-specific gear to bring, but that I could bring my digital source to the meet.

Ahaha understood! There will be everything Head-Fi related there hopefully! Feel free to try out my headphones and IEMs with you stuff! Chances are, not everyone is going to like my selection of CDs I'm going to bring so bringing your own source is a great idea as well.

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #183 of 408
Okay a few updates. Hifi center will be attending as well from what I'm aware of. They will bring very high-end gear as shown in their store. We are less than a month away from the meet guys! I would appreciate it if people listed equipment so I can list it on the first post 
smile_phones.gif

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #185 of 408
Hey planx, can you update my equipment list? I don't have the HE-500's anymore but you'll be pleased to hear that Mark Lawton is transforming my D7000's into LA7000's even as we speak. I'll be bringing them along with the source gear I already listed.

Aug 31, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #186 of 408
Quote:
Is Sennheiser confirmed?  Beyer? 

Since Hifi Center is coming, I guess I can safely leave my grados at home haha.

Sennheiser is confirmed apparently. Beyer, I have no idea. I will have to give Travis a call sometime this or next week.
Yes, they are coming from what I'm aware of, but I don't know what Grados they are going to bring or even what stuff they are going to bring.
Sennheiser will be sending a verrrry anticipated product (well in my books). I am VERY excited to try it out.
Quote:
Hey planx, can you update my equipment list? I don't have the HE-500's anymore but you'll be pleased to hear that Mark Lawton is transforming my D7000's into LA7000's even as we speak. I'll be bringing them along with the source gear I already listed.

Done and done. I have very limited info about Lawton and modding of the Denon headphones, but I am always excited to try new things!

Aug 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #187 of 408
Quote:

Damn. I was looking forward to hearing the HE-500s but I'm definitely excited to hearing the LA7000s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sennheiser will be sending a verrrry anticipated product (well in my books). I am VERY excited to try it out.

That sounds exciting! Are you allowed to share what it is?

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #189 of 408
Sorry Derlus. FWIW, you aren't missing much - I was unimpressed by the HE-500s. Not worthy of the hype if you ask me.

I'm sure we will have a HE-500 at the meet Derlus. I'm PRETTY sure Travis will be providing one, but things could change.

Sep 5, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #190 of 408
Okay people! It's back to school and I'm guessing a lot of people are back from vacation and etc. People are still welcome to come, but you must PM to find out the location of the event. Hopefully people can start posting about what stuff they are going to bring!! 

Sep 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #193 of 408
Obviously, I'll try to tag along with my dad (palmfish) if I can. So I guess you can put me down!
I'll bring my little tiny setup- Denon D2ks, Front Panel Express amp, and Sansa clip mp3 player. Not much, but it's something!

Sep 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #194 of 408
Double Helix Cables has agreed to provide a demo of their flagship cable, the "Spore." If you do not already know of this cable, it is the very impressive flagship cable by DHC, which was conceived with the mindset of cost no object, best sound quality possible design. His target market is the rich who can afford the very best without second thought, just like luxury super cars, so anyone who thinks this is absurdly overpriced should get a reality check. This isn't just a lousy medley of this and that material that has nothing to do with the sound; every material is implemented to give the cable the best SQ, and/or best ergonomics possible for such a fat cable, some materials being extremely costly.

Hopefully these will bring some light onto the people about cables. I will be bringing my other cables as well, a 16wire 26awg teflon LCD2 cable, the Peptide IEM cable, etc. 

The Spore will be terminated in Audez'e and dual 3-pin XLR, but DHC will be providing adapters for Audez'e to HD800, and dual 3-pin XLR to 1/4, and 1/4 to 1/8.

I won't go further into detail, nor will I be posting links to anything since I am not advertising for DHC. He offered me and the Vancouverites a chance to hear the mighty Spore because I, as a loyal customer of his, implored him, since the Schiit Mjolnir / Gungnir products will be there, and there may not be adequate cables for LCD2 owners to listen with.

Pictures of the Spore:

Sep 6, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #195 of 408
Quote:
Obviously, I'll try to tag along with my dad (palmfish) if I can. So I guess you can put me down!
I'll bring my little tiny setup- Denon D2ks, Front Panel Express amp, and Sansa clip mp3 player. Not much, but it's something!

Palmfish is your dad?! You are one lucky Head-Fier!! I'll include you in the first post.
Quote:
Double Helix Cables has agreed to provide a demo of their flagship cable, the "Spore." If you do not already know of this cable, it is the very impressive flagship cable by DHC, which was conceived with the mindset of cost no object, best sound quality possible design. His target market is the rich who can afford the very best without second thought, just like luxury super cars, so anyone who thinks this is absurdly overpriced should get a reality check. This isn't just a lousy medley of this and that material that has nothing to do with the sound; every material is implemented to give the cable the best SQ, and/or best ergonomics possible for such a fat cable, some materials being extremely costly.

Hopefully these will bring some light onto the people about cables. I will be bringing my other cables as well, a 16wire 26awg teflon LCD2 cable, the Peptide IEM cable, etc. 

The Spore will be terminated in Audez'e and dual 3-pin XLR, but DHC will be providing adapters for Audez'e to HD800, and dual 3-pin XLR to 1/4, and 1/4 to 1/8.

I won't go further into detail, nor will I be posting links to anything since I am not advertising for DHC. He offered me and the Vancouverites a chance to hear the mighty Spore because I, as a loyal customer of his, implored him, since the Schiit Mjolnir / Gungnir products will be there, and there may not be adequate cables for LCD2 owners to listen with.

Pictures of the Spore:

I'll make an attempt to correctly write down what you're bringing LOL. I personally don't know much about cables so I am very eager to try this flagship of all flagship cable... Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back