September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Sep 10, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #211 of 408
Hi,
Hope relative lurkers are welcome.  I don't have any hi-end head gear to share, but I did just get back from Cali with a bunch of Monoprice junk I could bring (8319, 8320, 8321 IEMs and the 8323 full-size).  Are drop-ins ok? I can't commit to the whole afternoon.  You guys should charge me a drop-in fee.

The other thought I had for sponsors would be Heartbeat Distributions in Langley who are the Canadian Superlux distributors.  I got their tour this summer - they're super friendly.

Sep 10, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #212 of 408
Quote:
Hi,
Hope relative lurkers are welcome.  I don't have any hi-end head gear to share, but I did just get back from Cali with a bunch of Monoprice junk I could bring (8319, 8320, 8321 IEMs and the 8323 full-size).  Are drop-ins ok? I can't commit to the whole afternoon.  You guys should charge me a drop-in fee.

The other thought I had for sponsors would be Heartbeat Distributions in Langley who are the Canadian Superlux distributors.  I got their tour this summer - they're super friendly.

Hey! There is no charge for coming out. As long as we know that you're coming (as in your head-fi name) you are more than welcome. Guests are still okay, but we prefer Head-Fi names so we might be able to communicate with one another instead of everyone being total strangers lol. I'm thinking about supplying name tags and stuff for easier communication. So far we have Headphonebar and Hifi center (maybe...) and they are bringing in their own sponsor items as well. If they are willing to come out, they can shoot me a PM or something.

EDIT: Also Girls Generation and maybe a few more members are bringing in their own sponsor products. For example, GG is bringing a cable from Double Helix Cables.

Sep 10, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #213 of 408
And to add though I am just a customer I will be bringing along Franks (toxic cables) latest silver/gold balanced cable for the LCD 2/3 which also has an adaptor to go from Balanced to single ended and I have a quarter inch adaptor for that as well.

Could you take off my list the Triple.fi 10's and the JVC's as they are gone! thanks for all the effort you are putting into this, very much looking forward to it!

Sep 10, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #214 of 408
Kind of ambiguous. I would call myself the person who will be receiving, bringing, and sending off DHC's cables, aka the messenger. No sponsors.

Quote:

EDIT: Also Girls Generation and maybe a few more members are bringing in their own sponsor products. For example, GG is bringing a cable from Double Helix Cables.

Very looking forward to trying Toxic Cables for myself for the first time. 

And to add though I am just a customer I will be bringing along Franks (toxic cables) latest silver/gold balanced cable for the LCD 2/3 which also has an adaptor to go from Balanced to single ended and I have a quarter inch adaptor for that as well.
Could you take off my list the Triple.fi 10's and the JVC's as they are gone! thanks for all the effort you are putting into this, very much looking forward to it!

Sep 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #220 of 408
Quote:
Kind of ambiguous. I would call myself the person who will be receiving, bringing, and sending off DHC's cables, aka the messenger. No sponsors.

Yes not a sponsor, forgot to mention that sorry. Things are starting to pick up now and I'm expecting it to pick up some more in the following days!
Quote:
Damn it's lucky I won't miss this. Been wanting to go to a meet but I haven't got any chance. Probably will only bring my W3000ANV though.

Please come by even if you have only one item to contribute. More the merrier!
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I'll probably come by but don't plan to bring anything this time.

Tony

Hey Tony, I'm sure everyone will appreciate you coming by. Besides, it is a Head-Fi Members meet, not only a Head-Fi Equipment meet. Hope to see you there

Sep 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #221 of 408
Also, a few members asked this already and I just confirmed it from the Community Center. There is NO Wi-Fi available folks, sorry.

Sep 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #223 of 408
That's fine with me, nice to be away from the Internet and see real people! GG, I will be sure to bring along my pens! Just so you recognize me I am a big ugly bugger with a bear and wild grey hair!:D

Sep 10, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #224 of 408
Great! I guess I'll bring my Rhodia notebooks :p 
Quote:
That's fine with me, nice to be away from the Internet and see real people! GG, I will be sure to bring along my pens! Just so you recognize me I am a big ugly bugger with a bear and wild grey hair!
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #225 of 408
Quote:
That's fine with me, nice to be away from the Internet and see real people! GG, I will be sure to bring along my pens! Just so you recognize me I am a big ugly bugger with a bear and wild grey hair!
biggrin.gif

Haha I know right! I'm really looking forwards to this! I might be the youngest one of the group, but don't be fooled!!!! Haha but yea, there is a good chance that I will be the youngster of the group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back