September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Sep 11, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #226 of 408
Haha I know right! I'm really looking forwards to this! I might be the youngest one of the group, but don't be fooled!!!! Haha but yea, there is a good chance that I will be the youngster of the group

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's me... I'm actually kind of nervous, hopefully you guys are ok with having a younger teenager amoungst you!

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #227 of 408
Quote:
Actually, I'm pretty sure that's me... I'm actually kind of nervous, hopefully you guys are ok with having a younger teenager amoungst you!

I'm first year Uni, only 18 turning 19. Feels kind of insecure identifying myself ONLINE, but meh I really don't care... My brain is burned out after reading 5 readings for my school...

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #228 of 408
In my experience of HiFi shows age does not matter, its just a bunch of like minded folks passionate about music and reproducing it well. First HiFi show I went to was when I was fourteen. Traveled on my own from my home in the southwest of England to a hotel near Heathrow where the show was being held, had a blast and people were really great, no funny business just a bunch of great hifi nuts with beards and wild hair.... Thats where i got the look from! :D

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #229 of 408
Quote:
In my experience of HiFi shows age does not matter, its just a bunch of like minded folks passionate about music and reproducing it well. First HiFi show I went to was when I was fourteen. Traveled on my own from my home in the southwest of England to a hotel near Heathrow where the show was being held, had a blast and people were really great, no funny business just a bunch of great hifi nuts with beards and wild hair.... Thats where i got the look from!
biggrin.gif

Wise words from a wise man...

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #230 of 408
Quote:

Haha I know right! I'm really looking forwards to this! I might be the youngest one of the group, but don't be fooled!!!! Haha but yea, there is a good chance that I will be the youngster of the group

I'm only 15. I think I win...

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #232 of 408
Quote:

Well, THAT escalated quickly...

I'm ShortieFish for a reason! Ahaha.
In any case, it'll be nice to meet some other young head-fiers! And in another country, too, wow. Canada's a great place.

I'm so glad my dad managed to pull me into the world of audiophiles with him. So many great people. And great setups. And gorgeous headphones.

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #233 of 408
Quote:

I'm ShortieFish for a reason! Ahaha.
In any case, it'll be nice to meet some other young head-fiers! And in another country, too, wow. Canada's a great place.

I'm so glad my dad managed to pull me into the world of audiophiles with him. So many great people. And great setups. And gorgeous headphones.

It'll be a nice experience to see both you and your dad at the meet! It's fascinating to see how Head-Fi runs through the family haha. Almost forgot that you're coming from the states! When you come up, drive safe! I'm really looking forwards to seeing everyone at the meet! Really hoping it can be a success, but knowing you Head-Fiers I'm certain it's going to be a success.

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #234 of 408
Hey, heard this from Travis, I'd love to come by. I was planning on bringing LCD-2s, HE-400s and Benchmark DAC-1s, but I see that a lot of people are planning on bringing those phones, so it might be kind of a moot point. And I'm upgrading the DAC-1 to a PRE, planning on a speaker rig soon, so I probably won't get that here by the time of the meet. However, I most definitely will have the Westone 4s on hand (They're literally glued onto my ears at all times), I'll bring some extra tips so people can try them out. Possibly a modded Grado sr80i as well, if I get them back from my friend this weekend. Not sure on this one though. Probably won't need a table reserved or anything. Excited to see everyone there! 

I'm only 15. I think I win...

You'd be surprised... I think we'd be some of the few teenagers there. Most of the mini-meets I end up going to are either entirely gruffy old men, or people our age.

P.S. Might we need some extra sources? I can bring a few laptops if anyone needs them.

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #235 of 408
Quote:

It'll be a nice experience to see both you and your dad at the meet! It's fascinating to see how Head-Fi runs through the family haha. Almost forgot that you're coming from the states! When you come up, drive safe! I'm really looking forwards to seeing everyone at the meet! Really hoping it can be a success, but knowing you Head-Fiers I'm certain it's going to be a success.

Crazy, right? See you all there.

Quote:
Hey, heard this from Travis, I'd love to come by. I was planning on bringing LCD-2s, HE-400s and Benchmark DAC-1s, but I see that a lot of people are planning on bringing those phones, so it might be kind of a moot point. And I'm upgrading the DAC-1 to a PRE, planning on a speaker rig soon, so I probably won't get that here by the time of the meet. However, I most definitely will have the Westone 4s on hand (They're literally glued onto my ears at all times), I'll bring some extra tips so people can try them out. Possibly a modded Grado sr80i as well, if I get them back from my friend this weekend. Not sure on this one though. Probably won't need a table reserved or anything. Excited to see everyone there! 

You'd be surprised... I think we'd be some of the few teenagers there. Most of the mini-meets I end up going to are either entirely gruffy old men, or people our age.

P.S. Might we need some extra sources? I can bring a few laptops if anyone needs them.

Oooooh, LCD-2s... I love those. You should bring them anyway.

And the only meets I've been to (well, the three of them) have had mostly men. I haven't really met any teenage head-fiers yet, let alone other girls!

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #236 of 408
You should come to some of our mini-meets. Plenty of girls! Though it ceases to be exciting when you've known them all for years...

Oh, and Travis has plenty of LCD-2s. I see boxes of them all over the store floor all the time. He could probably loan every one of us one for the entire meet. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #237 of 408
If I find out about them, I'll try and get my dad to take me, haha. I need to learn to drive...!

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #238 of 408
We have them near the Portland area sometimes as well. You should ask around, we'd be happy to accommodate. Although most of us have school or are on vacation atm, so the nearest one might be towards the holidays.

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #239 of 408
Sounds excellent, thanks for the info! I'll be sure to check them out in the future for sure.

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #240 of 408
He probably wouldn't be wanting to be opening all those new LCD2s up just to 'loan' them to us for the meet. He'll most likely have one LCD2 and one LCD3 out. Not sure if he'll have stock Audeze cables terminated in XLR; it certainly would be helpful if he does since I can directly compare stock cable vs. aftermarket.
Quote:
You should come to some of our mini-meets. Plenty of girls! Though it ceases to be exciting when you've known them all for years...

Oh, and Travis has plenty of LCD-2s. I see boxes of them all over the store floor all the time. He could probably loan every one of us one for the entire meet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back