September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Sep 7, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #196 of 408
I'm relatively new to head-fi, but a buddy on the forum informed me of this thread and the Vancouver meet. I didn't even know these meets existed! Reading through this thread, I can see that not only do they exist, but they look pretty darned good! But damn, I am planning on being in Pender Harbour that weekend for the Jazz Festival. Grrrr! If I can't make this meet, not only am I going to miss out on meeting a bunch of great people, and learing a LOT about audio, but you all will be denied the presence of my Senn PX100II's and my modded KSC75's LOL! How sad! :frowning2: Anyway, I hope that I can make it. But if not, I hope you all have a great time! Cheers, Wayne

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #197 of 408
Awh man, hope you can make it :frowning2: You're going to be missing out on some once in a life time chances xD
Quote:
I'm relatively new to head-fi, but a buddy on the forum informed me of this thread and the Vancouver meet. I didn't even know these meets existed! Reading through this thread, I can see that not only do they exist, but they look pretty darned good! But damn, I am planning on being in Pender Harbour that weekend for the Jazz Festival. Grrrr! If I can't make this meet, not only am I going to miss out on meeting a bunch of great people, and learing a LOT about audio, but you all will be denied the presence of my Senn PX100II's and my modded KSC75's LOL! How sad! :frowning2: Anyway, I hope that I can make it. But if not, I hope you all have a great time! Cheers, Wayne

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #198 of 408
Quote:

Honestly speaking, that Jazz Festival does sound fun... But I'm Co-Hosting this so I can't think about going to the Jazz Festival LOL... Always up to you! BTW, you can leave at anytime, or come at anytime. So you can come before the festival or after. Your choice :)

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #199 of 408
Just adding to my list of gear. Just arrived from Japan, Final Audio Piano Forte IX.

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #201 of 408
DIBS ON FIRST TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will warn you, you need to be somewhere quiet to listen to them firstly, then you have to throw away any pre conceived ideas of what sounds right and then you will just begin to get so engrossed you will want to sell your granny to get a pair :D I am listening to Rene Fleming singing Tosca and it is just simply sublime, just sublime!

Sep 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #203 of 408
Very eager to try them out... Maybe they can dethrone my ER4S and PFE232?

I have the ER4S and would say they are very different beasts. I will never let go of my ETY's as when I am out and about their ability to silence the world is wonderful and I love the sound but I tell you this. These PF's could easily replace my LCD's and I never thought I could ever say that!

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #205 of 408
List of equipment I would be happy to bring to the Vancouver Head-fi meet. 

RE 0 (Second revision I think), TripleFI 10vi, RE 252 (fantastic IEM), Senn HD 25 Originals, Monster Turbine Pro Gold and Copper, Koss Porta Pro (a classic), Brainwaves B2, ER-4PT w/ S adapter, and the famous Monoprice 8320ies! heh

PA2V2, Sound Magic A10, Digizoid ZO 2.3 and a Topping TP30. 

Nothing seriously hi-end, but a couple of things people might not have had the chance to hear.  

PS and a crap load of IEM tips. 

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #208 of 408
Quote:
you wrote my v800 as v600, can you fix that up for me?  thanks.

also, are we good for tables and extension cords?

Oh sorry, I think I corrected it correctly.

Tables, we should be ay-okay depending if an entire mob decides to show up at the last day. Extension cables... Bring your own? There will be plugs there for sure, but extension cable sure helps. Just in case, bring some people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back