Sensaphonic's dismal customer service
Dec 22, 2004 at 11:58 AM Post #61 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by halcyon
Just something for Sensaphonic people to think about in case they are reading this thread...

I was about to order a set of Sensas with custom moulds based on a recommendation from a friend at head-fi.

Well, after this fiasco: no way.

As you are in Europe, read this thread:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=94899

Simon

Dec 22, 2004 at 12:22 PM Post #62 of 72
Pros about the Sensas in the EU:

- the sound, obviously.
biggrin.gif

- build quality (mine didn't need to go back)
- shipping was customs-free
- they went the extra mile to find an audiologist in Helsinki

Cons

- slow in email communications
- mis-information given in phone communications (exagerations of estimated ship dates)
- Could possibly hand your credit card info to a third party, or in some other way use your card without your consent!

Hmm, Halcyon, you could get the Sensas from the UK! It worked for me, getting them from the US, but if I were shopping around now, with no apology on the boards from Sensa, I'd be wary too! But they have a UK dealer.
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2004 at 4:13 PM Post #63 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D
Don't want to make any comment on how great Sensaphonics are compared to UE? No? Just want to attack Bunnyears?

Maybe you should stop crapping on my threads with your childish comments.

It was very amusing to check into this thread again. Thanks for the the defense, and I'm really sorry I actually got into a sort of p!ssing match with Lindone. I'm sure he feels the same way re-reading. As for Toaster, well, it takes all types to make the world go round!
cool.gif

Happy Holidays!

Dec 22, 2004 at 7:07 PM Post #64 of 72
I am writing to address the issues that are being discussed in this thread. First of all, I would like to say that before this thread was posted originally apologies and rectification of the situation were made to Big D from myself personally. I provided Big D with apparently the incorrect shipping date due to an error in the system, not an intentional lie. Also, his credit card was charged for the shipping in error as I was out of the country on business when this took place. His credit card was immediately refunded the full amount the minute I was back in the office and made aware of the situation and all office personnel were made aware of the mistake. Due to this situation and unfortunate misunderstanding our shipping policies will be posted on the website shortly.

This situation is in no way reflective of Sensaphonics policies and customer service, it was in fact a human error that we thought had been professionally rectified before it was published on this website. Please know that we are committed to our customers fully and will do everything within our company policies and power to make sure everyone is 100% satisfied with our products and services.

Please feel free to address any additional questions or concerns to myself at julie@sensaphonics.com

Thank you and have a happy holiday season!

Julie
Audiologist
Sensaphonics Hearing Conservation

Dec 22, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #65 of 72
Thanks for the reply Julie. The community appreciates it.

Glad to hear that this was a mistake that was promptly corrected before the posting.

BTW, my sensas fit and sound great from day one.

---Pat

Dec 22, 2004 at 8:02 PM Post #66 of 72
Julie, thanks so much for this post. Mistakes happen, and in this case it seems like more of an inner office communication issue than anything else. Yet, it's always important to keep an eye on your customers to manage perceptions and make it clear that "after sale" service is something your company takes seriously. Internet forums tend to bring out the 'bravado' in many folks who would otherwise be more evenhanded, but now that we all have a better persepctive from your end of things, hopefully this thread will take a more positive turn and then gradually die down. Maybe there will even be some positive suggestions that you can benefit from!

Dec 22, 2004 at 8:40 PM Post #67 of 72
Maybe we shoud make a collective New Year's Resolution about trying not to overreact when there are problems with equipment or service issues with vendors, at least until it is clear what happened and whether the situation will be remedied, particularly when they appear to be reputable vendors who have a good track record with their products or service. I'm not suggesting that Sensaphonics did not make some mistakes or did not provide poor customer service in this instance, nor do I think that Big D's initial post was out of line, but some of the subseqent comments and allegations of fraud, etc. seem a little extreme especially in light of their explanation. Similarly, in past threads, we have seen people quick to post threads about how this piece of equipment has "failed" before they even know what really has happened, which tends to disparage the vendor's product unnecessarily, or how it's taken longer than one week to get a refund, etc., the suggestion being that perhaps they are going to get ripped off, etc. People are quick to make public accusations with all sorts of hyperbole before the facts are in and the vendor has a chance to explain. Perhaps we should show some restraint.

I know some won't agree with this and I may get flamed in response to this post, but in response to that I can only say: "Merry Christmas to all."
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. I have no experience with Sensaphonics, and in fact am an Ultimate Ears customer. I just think often when I read threads on this forum that our first instinct should be to cut people some slack.

Dec 22, 2004 at 11:06 PM Post #68 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by JGMS
I am writing to address the issues that are being discussed in this thread. First of all, I would like to say that before this thread was posted originally apologies and rectification of the situation were made to Big D from myself personally. I provided Big D with apparently the incorrect shipping date due to an error in the system, not an intentional lie. Also, his credit card was charged for the shipping in error as I was out of the country on business when this took place. His credit card was immediately refunded the full amount the minute I was back in the office and made aware of the situation and all office personnel were made aware of the mistake. Due to this situation and unfortunate misunderstanding our shipping policies will be posted on the website shortly.

This situation is in no way reflective of Sensaphonics policies and customer service, it was in fact a human error that we thought had been professionally rectified before it was published on this website. Please know that we are committed to our customers fully and will do everything within our company policies and power to make sure everyone is 100% satisfied with our products and services.

Please feel free to address any additional questions or concerns to myself at julie@sensaphonics.com

Julie
Audiologist

I have reread my original post and I didn't make it clear that Julie had apologised for the errors, which I should have done. However everything included in the original post is factual. It was dealt with in the end professionally, but unfortunately the initial experience was anything but, genuine errors aside.

My main reason for posting this was that it seemed to me there was becoming a two-tier system with those in the US going through their audiologist getting a better service than those who dealt direct with Sensaphonics from abroad. I was informed that the information about international remolds was going to added to the website, but I looked and couldn't find it. It was this that motivated me to post about my experience.

While my dealings with Julie herself have been nothing but fantastic there has clearly been a failing at the company that lead to these events. It is good that Julie has posted here saying that these issues are being addressed.

The 2X-S is a fantastic product and if my bad experience is only an isolated incident then Sensaphonics have nothing to fear from my post. It has to be remembered that people will be more likely to be motivated to complain than commend.

Dec 23, 2004 at 5:00 AM Post #69 of 72
Well it's certainly nice to hear that these internal growing pains are being addressed, and aren't reflective of some kind of actual company policy.
smily_headphones1.gif
As my boss used to tell me, "It's all about communication!" and she's right.

I'm glad that Julie came here to say something publically. I believe that speaks volumes about the the good intentions of Sensaphonics!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGMS

Julie
Audiologist

Dec 23, 2004 at 8:17 AM Post #70 of 72
Hi,

I'm pleased this issue is resolved, perhaps we can now get back to the normal unbiased debate about Sensaphonics and UE's.

UE's are obvously superior because they are the units I bought. I can state this quite categoricaly despite never having heard Sensaphonics. LOL

John

Dec 23, 2004 at 10:16 AM Post #71 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Internet forums tend to bring out the 'bravado' in many folks who would otherwise be more evenhanded

... or it could be said that Internet forums give back some power to customers that in the past would have been royally screwed by companies. Note that I DO NOT refer to Sensaphonics with this. It's only in response to the bravado thing.

Dec 23, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #72 of 72
I guess this whole thing didn't scare me enough to get the Sensa's as I just got the impressions today in Manhattan
biggrin.gif
. Within a couple of weeks I should be enjoying these things as much as the rest of you guys (ah I can finally stop being jealous!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back