Sennheisser MX 980 vs. IE 8
Apr 22, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #16 of 88
I want one so bad its not even funny. It's not likely the Pk1 is better. I've learned to trust in sennheiser, they do not let you down. Anyone notice how the MX580 and the grado 225i are very similar in sound lol...:\

Apr 22, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #19 of 88
^ how? I'll buy it from you for 30
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

but seriously, all these posts really make me curious about MX 980 (and TM5
tongue.gif
)

@ningerelf:
Yeah, I read that one, I'm the op for that thread
smily_headphones1.gif
like I said...the king is still PK1 to me..but now I'm more hesitated to buy PK1
frown.gif

Can't wait to read a post about the comparison with another earbuds!

Apr 22, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #21 of 88
Guys,

I am looking to buy a new pair of earphones and looking at the prices difference between MX980 which is 130 GBP vs 35 GBP for MX880. Do you think the pricde difference is worth it?

How do these two pairs stand next to MX760?

I also looked at the MX980 on Sennheiser's website and the metal part that sticks out of the earphone itself looks pretty fragile and looks like it could easily just bend. What is your impression there?

I would really appreciate the input.

Apr 22, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #23 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_thatguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mymemory.com has them for 101.99 GBP.

Out of Stock. But, yes it seems the most reasonable price and for this price I would not be considering the MX880s or MX760s.

Signed up for updates on the site to be notified when they become available
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #24 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadzik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also looked at the MX980 on Sennheiser's website and the metal part that sticks out of the earphone itself looks pretty fragile and looks like it could easily just bend. What is your impression there?

I can tell you that it most certainly won't bend. The build quality of MX 980 is just flawless, a pleasure to look at and to feel. They look somehow fragile like some jewelry, but they feel so reliable.
I also like the fact that there is a serial number engraved on one of the earphones. It's not justa random number, but it really says "S/N: XXXX", like some limited edition, and kind of gives you confidence in what you own.

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #25 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by JulienS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can tell you that it most certainly won't bend. The build quality of MX 980 is just flawless, a pleasure to look at and to feel. They look somehow fragile like some jewelry, but they feel so reliable.

Can you compare them to MX880/ 760 and maybe AKG K319? Have you had any of these?

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #26 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadzik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you compare them to MX880/ 760 and maybe AKG K319? Have you had any of these?

Unfortunately, from the new models I only had CX 870, which were clearly a lower league

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #30 of 88
I think he knew for how much it retails but he was unfortunate enough to have his auction ending on the Good Friday night when I think that most of ebayers were busy preparing for Easter, but I waited patiently in front of my computer and I won
smily_headphones1.gif
Anyway, this is the best deal I ever had on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back