Sennheiser warranty service!
Apr 12, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #16 of 22
Chiming in with another story on Sennheiser repairs.

I've had my HD600 headphones for about 20 years, so decided to replace the drivers with the latest version since there have been some updates over the years. Ordered 2, they arrived promptly, but one was dead. No sound. Old driver works fine with the same connection, so I'm sure it's the new driver. Contacted Senn and they shipped a replacement quickly, and didn't even ask for the bad one back. Replacement arrived, took it out of the box and saw the driver dome membrane was seriously dented, like pushed in. So called Senn back, they apologized, dispatched another replacement quickly and sent me a return label to send back the 2 bad ones. So today the 4th driver arrived, and it's got the same problem. The driver dome is even more dented than the last one, and also looks to have a small crack in it. So, 4 new drivers so far and 3 defective. Called again and they were very apologetic, will send another right away, and said they would try to get to the bottom of this QA fiasco. Just the most basic QA would have found the issues, so something is up. Hope it's just a bizarre bad streak, and would be curious if anyone else has had recent experience with them. Hoping the 5th time is the charm...

Mar 11, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #17 of 22
First, the https://en-us.sennheiser.com/service-support is a JOKE! It's just weird!
Try to find USA warranty return method. You get full phone #s and emails and address for every country but USA.
Not very confidence inspiring, especially when my 20-month old $1400 IE-900 is in need of in-warranty service.
I did find the Old Lyme, CT address and phone. But only after a couple of attempts using targeted Google keywords. And it was hardly SERP #1.
IAC ... today is Saturday. Will give a ring during M-F est operating hours.
I have no idea on how they will handle my one-channel-cutting-out issue.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-ie-900-left-channel-cutting-out-not-the-cable.967302/
I am documenting the case here on head-fi.org.
It is very important that all the decision makers and influences of Sennheiser product track this case (in this and the thread above).

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #18 of 22
Mar 11, 2023 at 11:45 PM Post #19 of 22
It looks like you need to file a warranty service request.

https://spares.s-consumer.com/en-us/catalog/product/508949-ie-900
Thanks!
Not sure what they stashed it there. (On the spares page???).
I'll take some photos of my orig Amazon order (Jul 13 2021) and receipt and packaging.
It's important for owners of Senn products to have some confidence that if they purch'd such an $$ item, it should be reliable and non-accident non-abuse-based repairs -- in or out of warranty -- should be easily accessible to customers.

It's weird ... I was going thru the orig Senn IE900 packaging and while there is a certificate and receipt and owners manual, there is NO documentation about warranty. Not even in the manual** or box graphics. [** The last page of multi-lingual OM has a brief note about Australian Warranty -- that's it]

We know Sennheiser reads this forum (and has several sponsors here):
https://www.head-fi.org/members/sennheiser.146072/
That's great.
Now you better behave (and improve the QC and your own Return and Warranty confusion). Because it will be reported here. And if you don't shape up ... we can easily take our business to Linsoul or one of the less-$ Chinese offerings.
Sennheiser, don't be weird.
Photos and updates coming soon ...

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #20 of 22
If I am reading your posts correctly, your main issue so far is, that you couldn't find details on how to report the issues with your IE900? (While still within warranty)

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #21 of 22
Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #22 of 22
Let's start DOCUMENTING this case for all Sennheiser customers, potential customers, as well as the official Sennheiser decision makers, influencers and H-F moderators. And Jude, of course :wink:

Below: A long-time customer of and fan of Sennheiser ... going all the way back to mid 1980s (that HD50 !!) All purch'd brand new. The IE-8 has been hot-glue repaired a few times, but still going on orig cable, even after 13 years!

==========
Below: Proof of purchase (brand new), proof of possession, and proof of non-abuse use/care. Yes, we hold on to all orig. packaging material and keep that safely. And we treat quality products with kid gloves.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back