Sennheiser RS 180 interferes with Apple Time Capsule/Airport Extreme
Aug 1, 2010 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Fazza

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I recently bought a set of Sennheiser RS 180 and while they are an awesome set of cans and the audio quality is without crackle or hiss, I have one big problem with these headphones. Almost every time I pick them up and power them on (press button on sender station, press button on headphones), my WLAN bridge that exists between an Apple Time Capsule and Airport Extreme (that bridges the distance between the main house and the guest house) goes down. I've written to Sennheiser and their response is "It's not our problem, it's the problem of the manufacturer of your WLAN manufacturer". Sennheiser say that the RS 180 scans the channels within the 2.4 GHz frequency and uses one that is free, however, why does it almost always (in 80% of the cases) choose the one that the WLAN bridge is using and cuts that existing connection? I've tried to set the WLAN to a specific channel between 1-13 but to no avail. The Sennheisers find the frequency/channel that the WLAN is using and disconnects it. The Sennheiser tech suggested to use the 5GHz band for my WLAN, but that is not possible due to the shorter range radius, so I need another solution.

Does anyone have an idea why the RS 180 interferes with my WLAN and how I can stop it from doing so?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back