Sennheiser PXC 450?
Jan 29, 2009 at 9:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

cacti45

New Head-Fier
anybody own these?

PXC_450_540x639.jpg

Worth the tag?

Jan 29, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #2 of 9
I do. They are great for NC cans. Do a search on Head-Fi and you'll turn up some of the posts I devoted to it. I like them so much, I don't mind traveling by plane anymore (which means something coming from a person 2.01 m and 115 kilos!)

Jan 29, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #3 of 9
tried them with my ipod...sounded somewhat like HD280 ..

Noise cancelling was great but sound itself wasnt even close to HD595 or HD600 class

since airline headphone jacks are worse..i dont know how they ll sound up there.

Jan 29, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #4 of 9
Use them with an amp. Straight from the jack of an iPod they won't sound good. Neither would a HD600/650. The 450 has HD595 drivers btw. I'm not a fan of the open HD595 sound, but in a closed frame like the 450 and with proper amping (gs boyager) they sound very, very good.

Mar 8, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by REB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use them with an amp. Straight from the jack of an iPod they won't sound good. Neither would a HD600/650. The 450 has HD595 drivers btw. I'm not a fan of the open HD595 sound, but in a closed frame like the 450 and with proper amping (gs boyager) they sound very, very good.

you think the 450 would work well with D2 Boa?

Thanks. And i've got one problem. When i use the NC it seems to have this noice on the left side. IDk, maybe it sthe right dont remember cause i havent used the NC in a long time because of this noice. like a PSSSHHHHH sound. Does this wear off? is there any way i can return them even though i didnt buy them directly from their store?

Mar 8, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 9
are thse like the new FOTM or something? Threads with em popping up everywhere.

Mar 8, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you think the 450 would work well with D2 Boa?

I don't know.

Quote:

Thanks. And i've got one problem. When i use the NC it seems to have this noice on the left side. IDk, maybe it sthe right dont remember cause i havent used the NC in a long time because of this noice. like a PSSSHHHHH sound. Does this wear off? is there any way i can return them even though i didnt buy them directly from their store?

There is some faint sound when you switch on the NC, but it shouldn't be too noticeable. If it is this sound you're hearing, it won't wear off. If it isn't you have to have it looked at. Try contacting Sennheiser in your country, they should be able to help you.

Mar 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are thse like the new FOTM or something? Threads with em popping up everywhere.

That'd be a first: NC FOTM
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back