Sennheiser PX210BT Bluetooth headphones you better take SERIOUSLY!!!!
May 31, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #16 of 43
Wow, I just found out how good these are supposed to be. I'm going to pick up a pair for my new Galaxy S III. (Then, I can use them as backups when my PS3 official headset runs low... :wink:)

Thanks for the info, folks. Gotta read some more about these. I guess my wife and I are pretty consistent now... going from PX-200, PX-200 II, and now these.

May 31, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #17 of 43
Wow, I just found out how good these are supposed to be. I'm going to pick up a pair for my new Galaxy S III. (Then, I can use them as backups when my PS3 official headset runs low... :wink:)
Thanks for the info, folks. Gotta read some more about these. I guess my wife and I are pretty consistent now... going from PX-200, PX-200 II, and now these.
At least you both are consistent! The 210s are simply amazing. These show how good Sen is and what they can do when properly amped.

May 31, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #18 of 43
At least you both are consistent! The 210s are simply amazing. These show how good Sen is and what they can do when properly amped.

That's amazing, thanks. I'm glad that people are positively consistent when talking about the 210s. I caught something about the amp (?) dongle but I'm not clear on it yet, so I've got some reading to do.

May 31, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #19 of 43
That's amazing, thanks. I'm glad that people are positively consistent when talking about the 210s. I caught something about the amp (?) dongle but I'm not clear on it yet, so I've got some reading to do.
It's funny the 210s have been around for almost 16 months and I never heard about them here. Bluetooth has a stigma about it here at head fi. No one talks about these. Sad because these have changed my life. Once you go wireless you become a wire snob! You don't need the dongle if your source is Bluetooth capable. But another member mentioned that quality improves with the apt-x codec. Really? It can get better? I use it standard Bluetooth and it rocks!

May 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #20 of 43
It's funny the 210s have been around for almost 16 months and I never heard about them here. Bluetooth has a stigma about it here at head fi. No one talks about these. Sad because these have changed my life. Once you go wireless you become a wire snob! You don't need the dongle if your source is Bluetooth capable. But another member mentioned that quality improves with the apt-x codec. Really? It can get better? I use it standard Bluetooth and it rocks!

When I saw pictures of them, I did vaguely recall seeing them before (the distinctive cups). But I think you have a point, I probably wrote them off at "BT". With my forthcoming Galaxy S III w/apt-x, I'm looking for something that'll do it justice. Unfortunately I completely overlooked the fact that these are headphones-only, not a headset with a mike. So, I definitely have some decision making to do... :)

May 31, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #21 of 43
When I saw pictures of them, I did vaguely recall seeing them before (the distinctive cups). But I think you have a point, I probably wrote them off at "BT". With my forthcoming Galaxy S III w/apt-x, I'm looking for something that'll do it justice. Unfortunately I completely overlooked the fact that these are headphones-only, not a headset with a mike. So, I definitely have some decision making to do... :)

Well Sennheiser does make the MM400X and the MM450X same headphone but with mic and mic / noise cancelation respectively
Edit: you want the X as it denotes apt-x. They make it w/o as well for a bit less.

May 31, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #22 of 43
Well Sennheiser does make the MM400X and the MM450X same headphone but with mic and mic / noise cancelation respectively
Edit: you want the X as it denotes apt-x. They make it w/o as well for a bit less.

Very sexy, but way out of my price range. :frowning2: I'll keep looking though. Thanks for all your help, it's appreciated!

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #23 of 43
Already ordered the PX 210 BT :) will give my feedback a week after I get them (should arrive within 5-6 days I think).

The point that won the match against the BackBeat 903+ from Plantronics was:
- better sound quality
- more robust build
- I dont run with headphones, only bike. I guess backbeat is more suitable for those jogging and such.

Cheers!

Jun 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #25 of 43
Ok so I went to my local bestbuy to check out their tablets that support apt-x. I am curious to see if the standard bluetooth 2.1 with EDR is good enough or can the APT- X really make a difference. I found a Samsung Galaxy that I was able to connect my 210s to. Now while I didn't have any of my own files. I sampled the track they had on the tablet and I must say I noticed a more open sound with better treble extension and even bigger bass than I thought I had heard from these before. At least that's what I think I heard. Need more testing.

Jun 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #26 of 43
I couldn't wait longer, had to post xD 5 days with the PX210 BT stuck to my ears every time I am out of home. They are light, easy to use, well secure to the head without the pressure being annoying and the music is simply amazing (streaming from the new iPad, no apt-x dongle). Really impressive!!! The freedom of movement (no wires!!!) and good sound is like... TOTAL ADDICTION!!! So I second this thread:

For those looking for mobility (not so much for sports... I wouldnt feel good sweating on these precious phones) and good sound quality... these phones are top choice (the price is a bit high but you get every cent back IMO)

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #28 of 43
Gotta agree with most of the comments here. I own one myself since around March and I'm very very pleased so far. It has fairly good bass extension, forward mids and accentuated treble (a tiny bit more than what I prefer though). Good imaging and an overall pleasant experience with this cans.

I mostly use this wired since wired is obviously still better than wireless. There is a bit of 'hissing' though when using this cans wireless but it depends on the device and perhaps the song that you are playing.  But this is a good headphone, I would purchase it at the same price even if its not bluetooth. But bluetooth is a pretty nice feature. The convenience that you get without all those wires is sooo worth it.

Now what I'm not sure is if PX210 BT has the same drivers as with its higher end brothers like the PXC 310, mm450, etc. Im thinking of upgrading but if there's no difference (for good) in sound signature, then I would rather just keep my px210.

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #29 of 43
Gotta agree with most of the comments here. I own one myself since around March and I'm very very pleased so far. It has fairly good bass extension, forward mids and accentuated treble (a tiny bit more than what I prefer though). Good imaging and an overall pleasant experience with this cans.

I mostly use this wired since wired is obviously still better than wireless. There is a bit of 'hissing' though when using this cans wireless but it depends on the device and perhaps the song that you are playing.  But this is a good headphone, I would purchase it at the same price even if its not bluetooth. But bluetooth is a pretty nice feature. The convenience that you get without all those wires is sooo worth it.

Now what I'm not sure is if PX210 BT has the same drivers as with its higher end brothers like the PXC 310, mm450, etc. Im thinking of upgrading but if there's no difference (for good) in sound signature, then I would rather just keep my px210.
It's so funny but I think these have been around for some time now! I haven't heard the PX310s,PX360,MM400,MM450 but I believe all of these use the same driver. Don't quote me on that.

One question is what kind of Bluetooth connection does your source support?

Jun 15, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #30 of 43
Yeah true! In fact the PX 210 I think since mid/late last year has been discontinued already (although Amazon still has lots of it). If it has the same driver than those then much better since there's no need to upgrade for me. :)

As for my device, I'm using a Galaxy phone w/c has an A2DP 2.1 Bluetooth. Probably not really hissing and could be that I'm just being nitpicky. Either way I don't have plans to get that bluetooth dongle or whatever from Sennheiser since I heard there's not much difference in sound quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back