Sennheiser PX 200-II questions
Apr 13, 2011 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Emptysky

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, allright i think i have finally decide what headphones i will buy tommorow, after lot of research, looking among AMH, senn, Ultrasone, sony etc... I think i have come with those two, first because they are easily available at a hifi shop, and as im going to take a plane really soon, i need to buy them quickly. 
I know they are not the top of the top, but i they seem quite good too me.
Remember than its my first pair of headphone i buy and i come from the apple earbuds, so its should make a huge improvement anyway.

I come with this two :

- Sennheiser HD 438 (for 100$)
- Sennheiser PX 200-II (for 130$)

I pick the px 200-ii because they seems have good reviews everywhere and the are quite small which is also good. Do you think they will isolate quite ok in the plane, to hear the music? It will be connected to an Iphone 4.
I just wanted to have your opinion about this two sets, is the 438 really more bass powerful ? Because if not i prefer have something smaller on my head. Which one choose finally, i will go by it tommorow because like i said it pretty urgent.

Apr 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #4 of 12
i only tried the PX200 II in a shop, they sound real nice and the foldable design is a plus. Have no experience with the HD438, but i think the PX200 II should fit your needs fine.

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #6 of 12
yes a very big difference, the PX200 II have very good bass, tight and punchy, lots of impact. I think you will love them.

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #8 of 12
i use normal music, but with my next pair (AKG K 518 DJ) i'm going to use pink noise and frequency sweep, from 20Hz to 20Khz.

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #9 of 12
Hello, i bought the tiny PX200-II this morning, and after few hours of use in different conditions (city, bus, home ) i must say i am very pleased, the sound quality is very good to me, the bass as well, of course im not an audiophile and those are my first real pair of good headphones, so ...

Anyway, my only issue, is than the sound is not really loud, i mean in city and buses, i had my iphone volume max, and the volume remote at 3/4 for be able to hear well. Even at home it still need to be at half of the max. They do isolate quite ok for this size, but is it me who become deaf ? And also the sound sound more far away than my ibuds, you see what i mean ?
Seriously im a bit worried haha, if somebody could tell me if they had the same issue ?
Thank you

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #10 of 12
they sound more far away because the drivers are not in your ears and the effect of soundstage, when i tried them in the shop they got loud enough from my nokia phone which is not very good, i think you just need to burn them in and get used to them.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #11 of 12
Thank you for your comment, they sound really good though, and with my plane trip coming i will have a chance to test them further haha.
Do you think i can use this pink noise for burn them in : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPk9HpXZLj8&feature=related
It isn't dangerous for the drivers ?

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #12 of 12
i dont think it is dangerous, but ive never tried it. Will do at the end of the month tho. You should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back