Sennheiser PC350 with ASUS Xonar Xense, worth buying?
Apr 15, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #16 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hybrys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wowwwwwwww. The PC350s are REALLY some of the worst headphones I've ever used, so I can't believe they'd get such a high rating. Someone needs to introduce these guys to alternatives, and apparently their minds will explode.

Edit: Lulz, they rated Skullcandy Skullcrushers higher than most Sennheiser headphones, and even a pair of SRH840s. I'm done here.

What amp did you use to power the PC350? That is a mistake that some people do. They think they can run the PC350 without being properly amplified.

Apr 15, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #17 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hansen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What amp did you use to power the PC350? That is a mistake that some people do. They think they can run the PC350 without being properly amplified.

Zero DAC, PPAv2, PA2V2, some crappy Creative card in my buddies machine (XFI Plat, I think). And it was garbage. Compared to my $40 CAD PC151.

Apr 15, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #18 of 88
I have the pc350, they are not very good for anything really, not even gaming.
i actually like the Koss Ur-40 i have (which cost me 1/3 the price of the pc350) better, because while they are not as detailed as the pc350, they have a lot funner sound and excellent bass, the pc350 has terrible bass, it's almost not present, and no, that doesn't mean it's "tight", because it is not punchy or can be described by any word that puts it in a bright light. The bass-mod for the pc350 which involves you drilling holes in it might strengthen the bass, but then it just sounds bloated.

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #19 of 88
It seems some like Sennheiser PC 350 while others don’t. But I don’t think ASUS and Sennheiser would pick one models for each other randomly and just bundles them without any tuning-up or adjustments. Sennheiser PC 350 might not be the top one when used separately in gaming, but it might show something different when combined with Xonar Xense.

Just a guess, let’s wait and see.

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #21 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by forciano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont understand how theres a thread about how a product that is not even close to being released will sound...

The PC350 is released... And most of the thread is about them being terrible.

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #24 of 88
And I'm saying that they're bad amped or not. My PC151, modded to remove the microphone, is my backup headphone set. It beat out the PC350 for everyone I asked, through all the amps I've had.

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #25 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by forciano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont understand how theres a thread about how a product that is not even close to being released will sound...

Just can't figure out how did you know this stuff will not be released soon. We can even see review here: Asus Xonar Xense - Under the Hood by VR-Zone.com | COMPUTEX 2010

It would be reasonable to assume that Xonar Xense might launch out, wouldn't it? Let me know if I post a wrong issue....

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #26 of 88
I didnt say it wouldnt be out. We dont know how it will sound, so no one can say if its worth buying or not yet.

Believe me when I say I wil buy this card if they sell it by itself and it shows to be an improvement over my ST.

May 3, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #28 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hybrys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I'm saying that they're bad amped or not. My PC151, modded to remove the microphone, is my backup headphone set. It beat out the PC350 for everyone I asked, through all the amps I've had.

That would be an opinion and others suggest different.

May 3, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #29 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by chefso1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just can't figure out how did you know this stuff will not be released soon. We can even see review here: Asus Xonar Xense - Under the Hood by VR-Zone.com | COMPUTEX 2010

It would be reasonable to assume that Xonar Xense might launch out, wouldn't it? Let me know if I post a wrong issue....

That is not a review....there is no testing, mesurments...nothing.

May 24, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #30 of 88

Quote:

Then there are 2 choices, you are either lying for what ever reason or you have no idea what you are talking about.
These headphones "Properly amped" sound excellent for a closed set of phones.
This might be why Sennheiser has partnered up with Asus to sell these headphones with a proper card/AMP that can run them because they were sick of idiots bad mouthing a great pair of headphones because of operator ignorance.
I have had mine for a little over 1 year and they are hooked up to a Claro Halo sound card that has a nice headphone amp similar to the Asus card.
Mine sound amazing, fantastic for gaming, very good for music.
Anybody that says otherwise is clueless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back