Sennheiser PC350 with ASUS Xonar Xense, worth buying?
May 24, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #31 of 88
I have heard this bundle and it sounds pretty damn good.  The PC350's bundled with the Xense are said to be the "Xense Edition" as to if that means they have been modded somehow or not remains to be seen.  There is a special gain setting on the card for these phones.

May 24, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #32 of 88
Quote:
Then there are 2 choices, you are either lying for what ever reason or you have no idea what you are talking about.
These headphones "Properly amped" sound excellent for a closed set of phones.
This might be why Sennheiser has partnered up with Asus to sell these headphones with a proper card/AMP that can run them because they were sick of idiots bad mouthing a great pair of headphones because of operator ignorance.
I have had mine for a little over 1 year and they are hooked up to a Claro Halo sound card that has a nice headphone amp similar to the Asus card.
Mine sound amazing, fantastic for gaming, very good for music.
Anybody that says otherwise is clueless.

"YOU CAN'T HAVE A CONTRARY OPINION, OH NO."

I tested it with my buddies PC350, and we ran it through a lot of tests.  My SRH440s that can be had for as little as $70 (compared to the $200 for the PC350) beat it in every way on each amp, nevermind my PC151s sounding very similar and often superior.  Even for gaming, I'd still think the A700/AD700 would be WAY better (At $110).

I'm kind of excited for what ROBSCIX said, though.  If they sound better than before in the bundle, and at a decent price, they might be worth checking out.  They did have a good mic on them.

May 24, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #33 of 88

Quote:
"YOU CAN'T HAVE A CONTRARY OPINION, OH NO."

I tested it with my buddies PC350, and we ran it through a lot of tests.  My SRH440s that can be had for as little as $70 (compared to the $200 for the PC350) beat it in every way on each amp, nevermind my PC151s sounding very similar and often superior.  Even for gaming, I'd still think the A700/AD700 would be WAY better (At $110).

I'm kind of excited for what ROBSCIX said, though.  If they sound better than before in the bundle, and at a decent price, they might be worth checking out.  They did have a good mic on them.

I tested a set of PC350's previous to this bundle and I wasn't all that impressed with them.  I had occasion to hear the Xense bundle and it sounded really good. Now, if that is from some modification in the "Xense Edition" PC350's or just some special tweaking and tuned gain setting by Sennheiser remains to be seen.  The system sounds pretty good for a stock config...

May 24, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #34 of 88
Quote:

I tested a set of PC350's previous to this bundle and I wasn't all that impressed with them.  I had occasion to hear the Xense bundle and it sounded really good. Now, if that is from some modification in the "Xense Edition" PC350's or just some special tweaking and tuned gain setting by Sennheiser remains to be seen.  The system sounds pretty good for a stock config...

Mmm, I'd love to see a couple DIYers do a teardown of the Xense PC350s.  If they didn't change the drivers, and just added something to help it out, and there was a DIY similar solution, that'd be lovely.

May 24, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #35 of 88

Quote:
Mmm, I'd love to see a couple DIYers do a teardown of the Xense PC350s.  If they didn't change the drivers, and just added something to help it out, and there was a DIY similar solution, that'd be lovely.

Well if the cans aren't modded then they have some special tuning going on in the card perhaps not only in the gain section.  There is a special setting in the gain panel for these cans which is said to be perfectly matched.

May 25, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #36 of 88

Quote:
Well if the cans aren't modded then they have some special tuning going on in the card perhaps not only in the gain section.  There is a special setting in the gain panel for these cans which is said to be perfectly matched.

As far as I am concerned my PC350's and Claro Halo soundcard have been "perfectly matched" for 14 months now.
I don't see how a set of "gaming" headphones could possibly sound any better.
they are superb.

May 25, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #37 of 88
Quote:
As far as I am concerned my PC350's and Claro Halo soundcard have been "perfectly matched" for 14 months now.
they are superb.

If you can, do a listening test vs A700 / AD700 / M50, all from AT.  You'll find that the first two are much better for pinpoint directionals, and the M50 has a better balance around all frequencies.

May 25, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #38 of 88

Quote:

they are superb.

Just relaying information as I understand it.  The Xense, has an added setting in the gain section for the amplifer that was tuned for these cans by Sennheiser. 

May 27, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #40 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Then sounds like an unbeatable combination to me.
I am way more than satisfied with the Claro Halo myself.

It sounds unbeatable because it has a tuned gain setting...?

Jun 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #42 of 88
Quote:
No sounds unbeatable because they are a damn nice headset either with the Claro Halo or apparently the Asus that is specifically made for them.

So, it sounds 'unbeatable' but you haven't tested any of the competition.

My SRH440 blows the PC350 (original) out of the water.  And yes, amped well.

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #44 of 88
Quote:
There are many better cans out there but price is also a concern for such a bundle.

If they can sell the bundle for ~$200-250, then it'd be worth it.  But I just can't justify the price point of the PC350 in any way.

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #45 of 88

Quote:
If they can sell the bundle for ~$200-250, then it'd be worth it.  But I just can't justify the price point of the PC350 in any way.

Well it is a bundle now as you have the Xonar Xense and the Sennheiser PC350 Xense Edition headphones.  I have not heard anything yet on a MSRP or anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back