Sennheiser Orpheus System (HE90 plus HEV-90) on ebay for $12K
Sep 5, 2011 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

CodeScripted

100+ Head-Fier
FYI: I just noticed a new listing on ebay for the entire system (HE90 + HEV90) for $12k. Sounds very reasonable. Seller lacks feedback, but allows local pick up. I am not affiliated with this person who is selling it, but thought I would post a link just in case anyone is interested. Its a steal considering the recent Orpheus transactions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-Orpheus-system-Collectors-item-/120773482406?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1ea917a6

Edit: I also asked him if he is willing to sell HEV90 seperately, and he replied "Yes, if the price is right".  I am not sure what the going rate for HEV90 is these days. Any clue?

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 9
There's usually one being sold all the time.

The greatest system (entire package) I've ever had the pleasure of listening to

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 9
He's an advocate for a local pick-up sale and I'd tend to agree. If I was based anywhere in the USA
and if seriously prospecting then I would make the road trip.

This is not an item for freight in my opinion.

Sep 6, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #4 of 9
Awesome looking setup.

Too bad it is about $11,800 over my budget.

Sep 6, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #5 of 9
It is sold at 12,000$
It's too bad that the seller would not accept my offer at HEV90 as codescripted suggested me.
if E***C changed his mind that he does not like the HEV90 to drive his new HE90 please pm me

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
I daresay this should be in the high end audio forum.  Or the deals thread lol.

It's dead, that's for bumping it

Thanks for bumping it BotByte

"You're welcome!"

Sep 6, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #9 of 9
Why not just get the latest Stax, better sound according  to review on main page, and cheaper too

You should have listened them by yourself to know that in fact the HE90 or even SR Omega are better phones.
It is one of the legendary phone,  if it's not that good it can not be quoted as that and the price keeps getting higher.
You can have the SR009 any time now but you may get this chance once in a year of less.  I owns all these
phones : SR009 (that you mentioned), SR Omega, HE90, other staxes, 2 R10 bass light and bass heavy.  The
SR009 is an excellent phone, not cheap but I would say that it can not match the HE90, the best it can do is to
compete with the SR Omega.  It may be better than Stax 007 mkI or mkII but I am sure some one will disagree this.
The new SR009 may still have the problem of channel imbalance or dust problem which is to be seen that Stax
can solve it or not long term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back