Sennheiser Orpheus Question
Nov 2, 2003 at 5:58 PM Post #16 of 97
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
That was good enough....BTW which amp are you using with the R-10, what kind of music did you play on it....????

headphone-amps:
Xcan V2 / Amity HP 2

amps:
burmester germany
http://www.burmester.de/english/welcome.html

T+A germany
http://www.taelektroakustik.de/eng/index.htm

Music: Jazz and Blues

Rebecca Pidgeon, Diana Krall, Hans Theessink, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Melissa Walker, Muddy Waters, Peter Green ... and many more.

Suggestions (in this direction) are welcome. No classic music.

Nov 2, 2003 at 6:19 PM Post #17 of 97
My question is now, as I saw those amps in your profile, are any of those amps, good enough to be paired with the R-10, for a comparison with the Orpheus???
At least the X-Can is not that amp....I have not heard it, but for sure there has to be a lot better matches, it could be a decent match, but not outstanding, I don't know about the Amity, it is a very weird amp, in fact, (I mean not so usual to find someone who has one) and maybe it is not to the pair of the Orpheus, please IMO, aside that state the conditons of the comparison, as hirsch stated, also is very important for comparisons, that the elements to be compared, were at least, in a more similar conditions, especially at that level.....again I don't know if the Amity is, or not, a good match for the R-10, maybe hirsch or any other member with more luck that us, have tried it with the R-10....

Nov 2, 2003 at 6:31 PM Post #18 of 97
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
My question is now

I know what you mean. In germany we have not so much special headphone amps. No comparison to the USA.

We use for the expensive headphones the built-in headphone amps in the expensive amps. Example: In the T+A amps are built in a headphone amp that can compete with expensive special headphone amps. Hope, you will understand what I try to explain in bad english.

Nov 2, 2003 at 6:36 PM Post #19 of 97
This is not bad english, is far better than a lot that I have read here, but is it true? That some amps, there have built in headphone amps, very competitive? Could you mention some of them, to check them out, specs etc...honestly IMO this will be the ideal solution, good speaker amp + and good headphone amp, all in one piece....

Nov 2, 2003 at 11:03 PM Post #23 of 97
Quote:

Originally posted by ManiacSmile
Oh and also if you were so kind to post a pic of the whole headphone inventory that you have - I think it would be greatly appreciated on this boards...

I would also love to see a picture of all of your headphones robythecat.

Nov 2, 2003 at 11:10 PM Post #24 of 97
OOOH OOOH OOOH, ME too
biggrin.gif
, he probably has the Canon EOS1D or something like that
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2003 at 11:26 PM Post #29 of 97
Someone just volunteer to host roby's images temporarily, he could PKZIP them and Email to you. I'd volunteer but already have waaaayyy too many images linked to on different forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back