Sennheiser Orpheus Question
Nov 2, 2003 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 97
Woody,

I'm answering based on what I've read so please don't take my reply as a truly-knowlegeable one.
600smile.gif
From what I've read, the Oprheus is Sennheiser's top model. Sort of a 'This is to show our company is the best' model. It was so expensive that they didn't expect many people to actually buy it. As such, they only made a limited amount. You can still find the Orpheus systems occasionally if you look around a bit.

Nov 2, 2003 at 1:22 PM Post #4 of 97
I have heard that the HE-90 headphones can still be had from Sennheiser, but the amps cannot. It's only hearsay, but if true it does mean that the Orpheus system (headphones + amp) is unavailable (new, anyway). However, there are people around this forum and elsewhere who can be commissioned to build a Kevin Gilmore amp to drive the HE-90 headphones (or you could build one yourself), and it's probably a better amp than the original one Sennheiser offered. Strictly speaking though, you wouldn't have an Orpheus system.

Nov 2, 2003 at 2:34 PM Post #5 of 97
The sets were limited edition, only 300 were made. About a year ago, someone mentioned that some were still unsold by Sennheiser representatives around the world. If you call sennheiser directly, they might be able to get one for you
smily_headphones1.gif

Fewtch, interesting thing you mention about the headphones being available seperately. I wonder what those would cost
tongue.gif

/U.

Nov 2, 2003 at 3:53 PM Post #6 of 97
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
You call sennheiser with your platinum card ready.

Better a couple of platinums. One shouldn't be enough IME....

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:05 PM Post #8 of 97
This is a demo unit, and they only have one, is not that you can buy the Orpheus for 6,500 from them, you can buy THIS DEMO Orpheus for 65,000....a good price for it though

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:14 PM Post #9 of 97
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
This is a demo unit, and they only have one, is not that you can buy the Orpheus for 6,500 from them, you can buy THIS DEMO Orpheus for 65,000....a good price for it though

I can't get your problem. This Orpheus is one of the 300. They offer to sell it. It's a used one, shure, but around the world there is no new one. I didn't say that they have hundreds to sell.

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:16 PM Post #10 of 97
Quote:

Originally posted by robythecat
You can buy Orpheus for 6.500 Euro (7.538 US Dollar) in Europe/Netherlands:

http://members.chello.nl/~f_vandijk/...aanbieding.htm

Say, Robythecat, you're profile is really interesting. If you get a chance, a lot of us would like to hear about how your Sony R-10 and Orpheus system compare!
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:23 PM Post #11 of 97
Quote:

Originally posted by daycart1
Say, Robythecat, you're profile is really interesting. If you get a chance, a lot of us would like to hear about how your Sony R-10 and Orpheus system compare!
biggrin.gif

The problem is that my english is so bad that I can't describe it in english.

All I can say in english is:
I am deep deep deep deep deep disappointed about the R-10. He is not half as good as the Orpheus. When I heard it first time I was crying. Crying for my money.

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:31 PM Post #12 of 97
Quote:

I can't get your problem. This Orpheus is one of the 300. They offer to sell it. It's a used one, shure, but around the world there is no new one. I didn't say that they have hundreds to sell.

You said: "you can buy Orpheus in Europe/Netherlands".....that means, to me at least, that the Orpheus is available for this price, on those places, you never stated in any place the above.....

Sorry, I know now, that there is a language barrier, I apologize for that, (I'm one of the members that suffer from this problem also) but this give us the impression of that the Orpheus is still available for that price, and in stock....not as a demo unit in fact...

About the review or comparison, if you want to do it, the language is not a problem, at all, do it in German, and post it in German, many members here speak German, or just email it to me, and I have a friend that lives in Germany and is an English teacher, he can do the translation and return it to you, to be posted in good english....But we need more reviews or comparisons like that, WE NEED THEM.....not everybody is lucky enough to listen those systems you have...

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:38 PM Post #13 of 97
Quote:

I am deep deep deep deep deep disappointed about the R-10. He is not half as good as the Orpheus. When I heard it first time I was crying. Crying for my money.

That was good enough....BTW which amp are you using with the R-10, what kind of music did you play on it....????

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:47 PM Post #14 of 97
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
You said: "you can buy Orpheus in Europe/Netherlands".....that means, to me at least, that the Orpheus is available for this price, on those places, you never stated in any place the above.....

Sorry, I know now, that there is a language barrier, I apologize for that, (I'm one of the members that suffer from this problem also) but this give us the impression of that the Orpheus is still available for that price, and in stock....not as a demo unit in fact...

Okay, now I get it. Sorry, it's the language barrier.

Quote:

About the review or comparison, if you want to do it, the language is not a problem ...

I will do it next time in german language.

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:49 PM Post #15 of 97
Quote:

I will do it next time in german language.

Great!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back