SENNHEISER ORPHEUS (HE90/HEV90) on ebay
Feb 2, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #16 of 32
Too bad the USD is sooooooo weak right now.
frown.gif

-Ed

Feb 2, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad the USD is sooooooo weak right now.
frown.gif

-Ed

The Australian dollar is doing great!

Somehow I don't think any amount of currency strength will put these within reach...

Feb 2, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Australian dollar is doing great!

Somehow I don't think any amount of currency strength will put these within reach...

How much import tax do you think bringing these into Australia will be (I'm sure no one is crazy enough to ask the seller to undervalue them below AUD$1000 and to use regular shipping)?

[size=xx-small]Though it does not matter since he does not ship outside Germany.[/size]

Feb 2, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #19 of 32
Sure, 12 people hop in. Each person gets it for one month of the year.

Feb 2, 2008 at 8:39 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoodlikegaza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
isnt that like 15k US? wow...

More like $11,000.
Which is quite reasonable since it sold for $15,000 new, and that the HE90 alone go for $7-9,000 these days.

Feb 2, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #23 of 32
Ok, so who is in. Pony up 950 each X12 to cover all costs and we are on the path to nirvana, for a month out of every year. There would also be a clause that as each person went to the big headphone palace in the sky that the remaining holders of the shares would then get an extended play of time and of course the last person, well they get sole possession and have to bring it along to our final residing place. Oh wait, what if, you know. some of you weren't really so good,. . . you know. . . ended up where it gets rather, hot. . you know like Tucson, Arizona. . . . well . . . . sorry. . . I guess you will have other things on your mind. . . . but we'll be thinking of you. . oh wait. . what if I am there. . you know. . . . . where it gets rather hot. . . . oh wait. . I don't believe in that . . or do I?. . .

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so who is in. Pony up 950 each X12 to cover all costs and we are on the path to nirvana, for a month out of every year. There would also be a clause that as each person went to the big headphone palace in the sky that the remaining holders of the shares would then get an extended play of time and of course the last person, well they get sole possession and have to bring it along to our final residing place. Oh wait, what if, you know. some of you weren't really so good,. . . you know. . . ended up where it gets rather, hot. . you know like Tucson, Arizona. . . . well . . . . sorry. . . I guess you will have other things on your mind. . . . but we'll be thinking of you. . oh wait. . what if I am there. . you know. . . . . where it gets rather hot. . . . oh wait. . I don't believe in that . . or do I?. . .

Snap out of it dude, it's just a wet dream.

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:11 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much import tax do you think bringing these into Australia will be (I'm sure no one is crazy enough to ask the seller to undervalue them below AUD$1000 and to use regular shipping)?

[size=xx-small]Though it does not matter since he does not ship outside Germany.[/size]

If I remember correctly, import duty on headphones and related items was either 5% or 10% of imported value. You can find out, with a fair bit of patience, from the customs website. By the way don't forget GST! Our government would never double dip on tax would they!!
eek.gif

cheers
Simon

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:13 AM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by MontyPythizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Snap out of it dude, it's just a wet dream.

If only. . . .

Feb 2, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #27 of 32
It looks like some weird fortune telling device from the future. I can just see a mysterious gypsy woman with the headphones on waving her hands over the glowing tubes: "I see danger ahead..."

Feb 2, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by redrich2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like some weird fortune telling device from the future. I can just see a mysterious gypsy woman with the headphones on waving her hands over the glowing tubes: "I see danger ahead... for your wallet"

biggrin.gif
Fixed.

Feb 2, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ueyteuor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why are these phones so expensive anyway.. for that price they must make you fly.... or make you feel numb or something..

Probably because of the following, and more:
* The demand is higher than supply.
* Their original retail price of $15,000.

A combination of these two keep the used price at a high level.
After all there are only +-300 systems out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back