Sennheiser or bust?
Nov 28, 2010 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Deutschmark

New Head-Fier
I was recommended to get some headphones from sennheiser and I've heard mixed reviews about the sound output, things like dampened sound, too bright, and too high impedance. I would primarily use it with an iPod for personal use and I'm not sure it has enough power to get the most quality out of the headphones. I'm looking at the HD 280 PRO and other various HD models but I'm looking for something under $200 with low impedance and great low, med, high end mostly for electronic, dubstep, rock/alternative music. I'm also unsure about open or closed because i don't want the sound dampened but outside noise reduction is semi-important. Anyways a compromise is the best course of action so suggestions about brands and models, and possibly alteration of my criteria, would be awesome because i haven't been much of a headphone connoisseur in the past.

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 4
i have the hd 280s and i use them with my ipod, even out in public. the headphones are very accurate, and have a rather "flat" sound, but i love 'em to death. straight out of the ipod, they sound decent, but would sound better with an amp. they block a lot of outside noise, which is a plus. they are a bit weak on the bass though. all in all, they are worth the $100 i paid for them. every penny. they are built like a tank and will last a lifetime.

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 4
I agree, I use mine with my DroidX and Ipod classic all the time and I am happy with the sound. They're 70 ohms and my phone and ipod can run them fine.

Quote:
Welcome to Head-Fi. 

The HD25-1 II should get you started off right. Here's a good price for it > http://www.buy.com/prod/sennheiser-hd25-1-ii-stereo-headphone-stereo-sennheiser-hd25-1-ii/q/sellerid/22583914/loc/111/205713938.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back