Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 2 (MTW2)
Apr 4, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #31 of 228
Only issue i have with the new Senns is..awful call quality, total let down as ipods pro are superb and b&o and noble considerably better too, these are almost unusable for calls unfortunately

Apr 5, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #35 of 228
Its just kinda distant, tinny, also involving mechanical noice after every word,
It’s not impossible to have a conversation, but even cheap wireless buds sound better than this, kinda leaves me hoping something went wrong with their first update.btw tried both with iphone and android

Apr 5, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #38 of 228
Sound quality-wise, these are pretty great for my expectations of TW. I have not had much experience with this format. No idea about the MW07. The technicalities are good for a single DD, but the treble peak is too hot relative to the upper mids, which need a boost to compete with the bass anyways. I guess they did a little tweaking to the sound compared to the MTW1, but I've never heard that one personally so I can't say for sure. Crin's graph of the MTW1 shows kinda what I'm hearing in the MTW2.

For podcasts, the default tuning is fine. For music, these really need a bit of EQing to sound their best. But once you do, it's quite smooth and great for longer sessions.

Apr 6, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #39 of 228
I don't hear any hiss in my set of MTW2. I have EQ'd these in the Neutron player app, but even without DSP I'm not hearing any hiss.
Hi

I’ve just received another set and they have same issue. To be precise, there is no hiss when the sound source is off (e.g. when iPhone music app not playing), but there is a noticeable hiss if I play a song and then put volume to zero.
Please confirm if you can replicate this?

thanks

Apr 6, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #40 of 228
Hi

I’ve just received another set and they have same issue. To be precise, there is no hiss when the sound source is off (e.g. when iPhone music app not playing), but there is a noticeable hiss if I play a song and then put volume to zero.
Please confirm if you can replicate this?

thanks

I did what you asked and everything sounds fine, which is to say I don't hear anything at all. If there is a hiss, it's imperceptible. Have you tried a variety of BT sources? Sorry to hear you've hit some bad luck.

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #41 of 228
I hear the white noise as well on my new MTW2 (I have pretty good ears though). There is no such issue on the MTW1 (which I had and sold to buy the new generation).

Not a deal breaker as of now, but annoying to have on a gen2 with white noise when the first one didn't have such white noise.

People on reddit claim that the issue has worsened significantly after firmware update 4.50 and that is wasn't a big issue before that. Let's just hope that they are right and that this is fixable sooner than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back