Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 2 (MTW2)
Mar 18, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #16 of 228
I checked out this one last weekend, and they sound pretty awesome for a TWS. Possibly the most balanced sounding TWS IEM I've tested. Noble Falcon is also very good, but presentation-wise it is a bit V-Shaped. Momentum however is more balanced and it has very good tonality. Not the cheapest TWS out there, but it surely sounds very nice.

Edit: Turns out the one I tried was the first generation. Nevertheless, I don't think the new model will sound worse :)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #17 of 228
Yeah
Why the hell no LDAC ?
It's all about battery life. LDAC and APTX HD consume far more juice than SBC AAC and APTX, which is why we only see these higher res codecs in BT DACs and cables. The ear buds would either need to be so large to contain big enough batteries to make them useful or the playtime would be woefully short....

Mar 21, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #18 of 228
It's all about battery life. LDAC and APTX HD consume far more juice than SBC AAC and APTX, which is why we only see these higher res codecs in BT DACs and cables. The ear buds would either need to be so large to contain big enough batteries to make them useful or the playtime would be woefully short....
Totally random, but the other day I was putting my Seiko Kinetic watch on and wondered why you can't do something similar with TWS buds.
Basically there's a little arm in there with wire wrapped around or something that moves back and forth between magnets to charge the battery. Although the amount of juice you'd get like that might not be very significant for something like an earbud I guess

Mar 29, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #20 of 228
From the YT reviews I've seen, they've fixed the main issues with the v1 case. I'm honestly trying to look for a reason not to get these, and it comes down to price. However, for a bunch of reasons 2020 is the year I finally buy into true wireless earbuds, and these are it for me. Expensive, but I'll happily sell off a few other wired IEMs to cover some of the cost.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #22 of 228
Well, I don't expect them to sound as good as a comparably priced planar. That's not why I'm getting them! Haha. But to be serious for a moment, the quality of life features like ANC are what makes this different. I have wonderful wired headphones for the home and office. This is for everywhere else.

Mar 30, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #24 of 228
That‘s a weird complaint. Are you afraid of losing an in-earbud and then it losing charge? I mean at that point you‘ve already lost the earbud with no guarantee that you’ll find it again...

If your complaint is there is no auto-shutoff, I have not heard that specific one yet. It's a reasonable ask, if true, but seems fixable with a firmware update. Besides, you already said you're done with TW and be honest, adding auto-shutoff is not going get you to come back anyways, so why keep posting? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #25 of 228
Yeah, I keep waiting for an audiophile quality TWS to come out. I have the Nuarl N6 Pro's - decent sound... Jabra 65's, also decent. But I keep going back to my Lola IEM's + ES100. I have the JH bluetooth cable too but it's a little too much bass for me

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #27 of 228
My MTW2 set arrived today. Really happy with them! Sound great, super comfortable, and they play well with my usual Spiral Dot tips. Besides the tight seal, the Spiral Dots don't change the sound compared to the stock tips. Looking forward to peace and quiet of ANC when I get back to the habit of a daily train commute.

Updating the firmware required me running the audio the whole time, otherwise the MTW2 would disconnect and shut-off after idling for a few minutes. I don't know what the above complaint is about. They auto shut-off when idle and the magnet that keeps the earbud in place is strong enough that they won't just accidentally fall out.

So, yeah, worth it. If I had to mention something I don't like, I would prefer 2 direct BT connections to the source as opposed to chained connection (1 to source, and 1 to the other earbud). That would be something for sure to be included in the eventual MTW3.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #28 of 228
I have the original TWM. Compared to those, with the TWM2 I hear a hissing sound as soon as I put them in my ears even when no source sound is on (and ANC is off). This is only noticeable during quiet part of song/video, but with TWM 1 the same situation is silent.

Also, Netflix and Amazon prime have slight audio lag. TWM 1 has no lag in same situation.

Do others have these issues? Wondering if the first issue can be fixed via firmware or if it is something to do with ANC hardware.

Apr 4, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #29 of 228
I have the original TWM. Compared to those, with the TWM2 I hear a hissing sound as soon as I put them in my ears even when no source sound is on (and ANC is off). This is only noticeable during quiet part of song/video, but with TWM 1 the same situation is silent.

Also, Netflix and Amazon prime have slight audio lag. TWM 1 has no lag in same situation.

Do others have these issues? Wondering if the first issue can be fixed via firmware or if it is something to do with ANC hardware.

I had this issue with my first set of the originals. Got it replaced and the replacement was silent. Thus, it's possible you got a dud. Replace it.

Apr 4, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #30 of 228
I don't hear any hiss in my set of MTW2. I have EQ'd these in the Neutron player app, but even without DSP I'm not hearing any hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back