Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Oct 9, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #391 of 3,594
Quote:
Momentum is a supra aural that is presented as circumaural.

[size=small]That a couple of folks have reported that the cups are too small for their ears doesn't make these supra-aurals; it makes these compact circumaurals.[/size]

[size=small]Personally, I do find it a tight fit -- not uncomfortably so -- but they do fully envelop my ears.[/size]

Oct 10, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #397 of 3,594
Quote:

[size=small]That a couple of folks have reported that the cups are too small for their ears doesn't make these supra-aurals; it makes these compact circumaurals.[/size]

[size=small]Personally, I do find it a tight fit -- not uncomfortably so -- but they do fully envelop my ears.[/size]

Here's my view. If I follow the marketing specs that it's circumaural, then I'll be disappointed and will find fault in it. However, if I ignore the marketing specs and set my mind that they're just large supra-aural, they're they're absolutely great and comfortable.

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #400 of 3,594
Quote:

You saw the Sennheiser Momentum at the Apple store? In black? I didn't think either of these were a thing...

I stood there for 5 min. deciding if I should buy it.  I should have taken a picture at least.  Next time I will use my brain.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #402 of 3,594
Quote:

I stood there for 5 min. deciding if I should buy it.  I should have taken a picture at least.  Next time I will use my brain.

This may be a stupid question, but are you sure they were black?  The brown they use can appear very dark. At first glance I mistook them for a shade of grey myself.  Apple will be carrying this model, but to my knowledge there is not a black one.  

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #404 of 3,594
Quote:

Here's my view. If I follow the marketing specs that it's circumaural, then I'll be disappointed and will find fault in it. However, if I ignore the marketing specs and set my mind that they're just large supra-aural, they're they're absolutely great and comfortable.

Despite your praise at the end for the Momentum, I would suggest that based on terminology, and actual product, the Momentums are still circumaural. They do envelop the whole ear. I don't know of anyone who tried the Momentums who can't get their ears in.

Supra-aural headphones (also called earpad headphones) are headphones that rest on the ear, but does not completely enclose or envelope over the ear. This is in comparison to circumaural headphones, which completely covers over the ears.

http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/What-are-supra-aural-headphones

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #405 of 3,594
Quote:
Despite your praise at the end for the Momentum, I would suggest that based on terminology, and actual product, the Momentums are still circumaural. They do envelop the whole ear. I don't know of anyone who tried the Momentums who can't get their ears in.

http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/What-are-supra-aural-headphones

Well, now you know someone who tried Momentums and can't get their ears in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back