Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Oct 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #376 of 3,594
I did a quick a/b listening test at J&R this afternoon with my Sennheiser Amperiors, iPhone and TTVJ amp. The first thing I noticed, besides being smaller than what I expected, was how light the headphones were, lighter to me than the Amperiors and with less clamping force.They shared a similar sound signature, but I preferred the smoother upper mids and highs of the Momentum, the Amperiors highs can be a bit too much at times. The Amperiors were slightly louder and had tighter bass, while the Momentum had a wider soundstage and more pronounced bass.

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #382 of 3,594
Quote:
So it will sound better? I heard that the SQ for the Pro's are around 200 USD worth so I'm confused. I trust the momentum more although UE is very well known and trusted here.

Could you please restate this sentence as I don't understand what you are saying here?  I am not commenting on how respected the manufacturers are, just how they sound and IMO the UE6000 is a superior sounding headphone that happens to be 40% less cost than Momentum.

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #383 of 3,594
Quote:
Could you please restate this sentence as I don't understand what you are saying here?  I am not commenting on how respected the manufacturers are, just how they sound and IMO the UE6000 is a superior sounding headphone that happens to be 40% less cost than Momentum.

In other words, I feel that buying both will be more of a downgrade.

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #386 of 3,594
Quote:

Haha. UE600 has noise cancelling and an amp built in. Not sure how that amp affects HQ external amping. It's also heavier, bigger, and of less 'exotic' materials than the Momentums. Headphones is not just about sound, it's also about comfort, styling, and in this case, portability. 

If you are thinking JUST about a superior sounding headphone, I dare say the Mad Dogs might be a superior candidate at a similar price range.

Oct 9, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #388 of 3,594
Quote:
Haha. UE600 has noise cancelling and an amp built in. Not sure how that amp affects HQ external amping. It's also heavier, bigger, and of less 'exotic' materials than the Momentums. Headphones is not just about sound, it's also about comfort, styling, and in this case, portability. 

If you are thinking JUST about a superior sounding headphone, I dare say the Mad Dogs might be a superior candidate at a similar price range.

Regarding amping, it is a non-issue for me as I only use these in passive and took the batteries out.

I am more about sound than fashion, but don't fault anyone with different priorities in headphones. 

The UE 6000 is bigger, but not heavy and extremely comfortable, IMO MORE comfortable than Momentum since Momentum is a supra aural that is presented as circumaural.  The UE 6000 provides a full ear-shaped cushy seal with perfect clamping force for me.

I am in full agreement with you that Momentum has far superior build quality, materials, design and overall aesthetic appeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back