Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Jun 6, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #3,496 of 3,594
Yes i tried. I also tried the other cable without success. I also tried prying the contact metal. This helped for a month.

Looks like a replacement is necessary. I hope you get this sorted out.

Jun 6, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #3,498 of 3,594

Hi , for what ?!

To replace a broken one, to change a long one with a short one depending on your use (desk vs on the go), to upgrade the cable easily....

Cheers,
K

Jun 14, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #3,499 of 3,594
Hello everyone, I'd love some help.

I'm looking to get these headphones but I am very concerned about their small size. I have 65mm ears top to bottom.

Could anyone with similar size ears let me in on their experience with the Momentums and how they treat your ears in longer sessions?

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #3,500 of 3,594
65mm here.
They're one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever owned.

That said, others with similar size ears have reported pain.
I think it also depends on the shape of your ears, how far out they stick out etc.

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #3,501 of 3,594
I see, thank you for your reply.

I am really torn here, comfort is everything for me and if I absolutely had to I'd probably unwillingly dish out the extra cash for the 2.0 but the price and colorway of the first generation is really attractive to me.

Will be a very tough decision.

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #3,502 of 3,594
I have the Momentum 1st gen and find comfort ok but not for more than a couple of hrs.They sound great but I would go for the 2nd gen if I was in your position and could afford them. If comfort is important to you the extra money will prob be worth it. I only use mine when I need a closed can other wise it's the HD600s.

Jun 14, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #3,503 of 3,594
  I have the Momentum 1st gen and find comfort ok but not for more than a couple of hrs.They sound great but I would go for the 2nd gen if I was in your position and could afford them. If comfort is important to you the extra money will prob be worth it. I only use mine when I need a closed can other wise it's the HD600s.

+1 I've also got the 1st Gen Mom Overs and HD600's.

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #3,504 of 3,594
I've owned momentum, brown, for like 3 months. The ear pads turned black and are very sticky to the touch (because dye is breaking up?).  I don't care about color but stickiness is annoying me. Any of you had this problem? Will it go away?

Jun 23, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #3,505 of 3,594
  I've owned momentum, brown, for like 3 months. The ear pads turned black and are very sticky to the touch (because dye is breaking up?).  I don't care about color but stickiness is annoying me. Any of you had this problem? Will it go away?

Post some picture, are you sure it's not a fake one, never heard of these issues....

Cheers,
K

Jun 23, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #3,507 of 3,594
I bought them at the store in US, authorized dealer. I'm sure they're real. They're built and sound like they're supposed to, great. Maybe I'm not used to real leather feel. The only other headphones I had with real leather ear pads are P5 and ath-es9.  My other headphones have pleather and velour ear pads, so I can't compare.  The thing is though, I don't think the ear pads were sticky when they were brown.  I think they're getting sticky because brown dye is wearing off? Annoys the hell out of me.  

Jun 23, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #3,508 of 3,594
Do you use lots of hair products?
Do you sweat a lot? (or live in a very naturally tropical climate?)
Do you use leather treatment products on the ear pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back