Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Apr 21, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #3,481 of 3,594
  I have both, similar, but IMO not very. The HD600 has a better mid and treble response. The bass of the HD600's is tighter and has less harmonic distortion. I'd say the HD600 is more neutral. Yes, I have both.

Agreed. I was just saying good enough to satisfy when needed.

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #3,483 of 3,594
Without even having a HD600 I'm pretty sure that the HD600 is waaaay more comfortable than the momentum over ear.

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #3,484 of 3,594
  Which is more comfortable for you? My ears barely make it inside on the Momentum. For a closed back they sound pretty good.

The HD600 by far different class of headphone altogether. The Momentums took awhile to get comfortable. Once I found the sweet spot they got pretty comfy. The 600 I can wear all day. The Moms for a couple of hours. I use them mostly in bed as not to bother girlfriend when trying to sleep. They sound really good but the 600s sound GREAT. Just my opinion.

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #3,486 of 3,594

Without even having a HD600 I'm pretty sure that the HD600 is waaaay more comfortable than the momentum over ear.

Rugby scrum down or ruck is also more comfortable than the momentum over ear. So is Vulcan death grip. And being run over the head by a small to medium size vehicle.

Since I've never been in a vulcan death grip or been run over the head by a small-medium sized vehicle, I can only comment that I find my Momentums more comfortable than a rugby scrum. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #3,488 of 3,594

The HD600 by far different class of headphone altogether. The Momentums took awhile to get comfortable. Once I found the sweet spot they got pretty comfy. The 600 I can wear all day. The Moms for a couple of hours. I use them mostly in bed as not to bother girlfriend when trying to sleep. They sound really good but the 600s sound GREAT. Just my opinion.

+1
I concur.

Apr 22, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #3,489 of 3,594
Regarding the comfort issue, today I spent 4 hours playing WiiU non-stop, and I had no trouble. Actually when I turned off the console, I took my headphones and plug them to my smartphone to listen to some music. That was about one hour ago and so far I have never taken the headphones off. That's about 5 hours using the Momentum non-stop, without feeling any discomfort.

Now that I mention playing WiiU, I loved the experience. Since the WiiU GamePad has a regular 3.5 mm headphone jack, I could plug my headphones directly without the need for an adapter nor a dedicated headphone (I know Sennheiser produces some dedicated cans for gaming). The results were quite surprising: I could track where sounds come from. If something was happening to my left, I would hear it on my left ear, and so on. It felt almost like if it was a an open back phone. Now I know why some reviewers say the Momentum have one of the best soundstages for an open can (something I didn't actually believe until now).

If this is how a closed headphone sounds, I can't wait to put my hands on an open set. Probably when I can afford it, I will get a pair of HD598, HD600, or 650 (I have some non-Sennheiser candidates, but I think that's for a different thread).

Jun 6, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #3,490 of 3,594
Just is case anybody has the same problem like me with his momentum ( I have a regular one, not on ear not a version 2.0): The Sound dissapeaers and reapears when moving around the 2.5mm connector on the earcup:
Inside it looks like this:

I guess the headphone jack is a bit loose.
I searched for a new one in the internet and fond it. The only thing you need to now to order one over ebay is the partname: 
PJ-218A
I will report back later if my replacement of the jack was successful.

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #3,492 of 3,594
Did you try cleaning that jack? There could be dirt or corrosion inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back