Sennheiser Momentum over ear replacement..... Denon AH-D600 vs Nad Viso HP50 vs B&W P7 vs B&O Beoplay H6 vs Dt770 80/32ohm
Aug 7, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #31 of 47
That seems awesome. :) so vocals are clear like on the hd25 right? I was affraid they were too recessed or too colred or muffled like on the mdr 1r....
What do you think of the build quality? Anywhere near the ath m50?

Have you heard the andrew bayers remix of "rift"? At 08:07 with that massive soundtage that part must sound absolutely AWESOME!!!!! :-D

Guilty..... I love anjunabeats stuff..... :-D

Haven't used the m50s. The build quality is good though. Metal cups that rotate, pads are very nice quality. The headband, though slim, is higher grade plastic is coated with a paint the makes them cool to the touch, almost feel like anodized aluminum. Had these for over 6 months. Even used for some dj gigs before I got my hd25 back. No scratches, from home to office use. The bag is pretty useful as it has a carabiner which makes it easy to clip onto laptop bags or backpacks. The two cables are of high quality. The longer , thicker one useful for lounging at home, but personally didn't hear a sonic difference between them. Still nice touch. Packaging and box are quite luxurious, I think Denon thought pretty highly of this line. I think these headphones are going to last. If you had to replace the pads, I've seen a thread where someone did just this. But the angled pads are quite unique.

Vocals are clearer than the hd25. And again are more separated from the instrumentation.

For rift, actually that break doesn't have very much soundstage. The James Blake and London Grammer tracks have more because of the recording and production techniques and that will be more apparent listening on the D600. Recent Bayer productions on the other hand are much better produced, IMO, and have plenty of depth, spatial separation, and detail.

On the hd25 you can lose a lot of this effect.i also use a good crossfeed algorithm with CanOpener which does a very good job to correct imaging closer to speakers.

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #32 of 47
 Even used for some dj gigs before I got my hd25 back. 
Damn...... And they behaved well in terms of isolation? Weren't they too bulky for that purpose? Surely your headphones had a lot of attention on those gigs..... mostly because of the size... :)
Ever used them on the street? If yes how was the experience...? XD
Vocals are clearer than the hd25. And again are more separated from the instrumentation.
I LIKE!!! :D

Recent Bayer productions on the other hand are much better produced, IMO, and have plenty of depth, spatial separation, and detail.
Yeah, but i also think the last tracks he released are a bit too similar.... the district is nice though...
On the hd25 you can lose a lot of this effect.i also use a good crossfeed algorithm with CanOpener which does a very good job to correct imaging closer to speakers.
Yeah, unfortunately the hd25's are too confining.... ;( Its their worst aspect unfortunately..... still i had a blast with them last night.... listening to a lot of anjunabeats vol. 10 and 11 while playind Cod black ops.... plenty of fun.... :)
By the way, if anyones interested the hd25's ALU are for sale on thomann at 185 euros and at music store for 189... If i didnt had neither the hd25 or the amperior these ones would be my pick...

Aug 7, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #33 of 47
For fun, I have used the AH-D600s on the street. They are massive, but as you walk they keep their seal and don't fall of the head. 

I live in a somewhat rough part of town, and people give you looks like you are a cyberman. Still, for great for ultimate bass and (on a cooler day) they will keep the ears warm. Its more a headphone for home and office. Travel bag makes them portable, just not the best for walk-and-wear. You could bring them camping, and are good for lounging relaxing on a patio chair. Their minimal amp and source requirements also help.

For DJing I had no problems with isolation, and there is enough flex on the headband to move one of the cups off ear for cueing. Not what they are designed for but worked in a pinch. Here is what they looked like on me:

Hmm, think Ill make this my new profile.

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #34 of 47
For fun, I have used the AH-D600s on the street. They are massive, but as you walk they keep their seal and don't fall of the head. 

I live in a somewhat rough part of town, and people give you looks like you are a cyberman. Still, for great for ultimate bass and (on a cooler day) they will keep the ears warm. Its more a headphone for home and office. Travel bag makes them portable, just not the best for walk-and-wear. You could bring them camping, and are good for lounging relaxing on a patio chair. Their minimal amp and source requirements also help.

For DJing I had no problems with isolation, and there is enough flex on the headband to move one of the cups off ear for cueing. Not what they are designed for but worked in a pinch. Here is what they looked like on me:

Hmm, think Ill make this my new profile.

Oh my gosh malfunkt you are sooooo handsome.... :-D

Anyway....

Actually they look way cooler when someones wearing them. On the denon photos with only the headphones they look much more ugly. Even on youtube videos they look better.... They are not the best looking of course bit they dont look that bad...

For example the silver amperior looks waaaaaaaaay cooler on thw sennheiser photos with only the headphones but specially they dont look as good when people are wearing them.... Actually i even think its a tie on looks between thw hd25s and the silver ones.... Thw blie ones are vcery pretty and most of my friends seemed to lile the pictuees of the blue amperiors more but i dont know.... I think ill eventually get tired of the blue... Its like buying a red nexus 5. It looks way cool when you buy it but after a couple of motha you think.... Why the hell didnt i purchased the black one.....

Aug 9, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #35 of 47
Hey Pedro, here is a thread worth reading on the d7100 with some comparisons to the d600. They are similar in build construction and share the same or similar driver. Gives you an idea of what the d600 is capable of compared to its more expensive sibling. There are a number of d7100 owners on headfi who have still kept their d600s.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/682117/denon-ah-d7100

Aug 9, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #36 of 47
Hey Pedro, here is a thread worth reading on the d7100 with some comparisons to the d600. They are similar in build construction and share the same or similar driver. Gives you an idea of what the d600 is capable of compared to its more expensive sibling. There are a number of d7100 owners on headfi who have still kept their d600s.

Thank you malfunt.... :)
I already have read the review on headfonia and they also seemed to enjoy the d600's more. it seems they are better all rounders..... although i think the headfonia guys love bassless headphones more.... stuff like the k550's and the B&O h6...... 

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #37 of 47

http://www.head-fi.org/t/682117/denon-ah-d7100

malfunkt you are going to kill me.... :-D
I am postponing the d600s purchase for a small amount of time.... Reason is.... I just discovered a massive deal for a pair of amperiors.... Like new amperiors, with 2 years warranty from amazon.... 83 euros.... I know i know.... The hd25s are a lot similar but for the price i couldnt resist.... You can curse me....sorry.... :-D

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #38 of 47
malfunkt you are going to kill me.... :-D
I am postponing the d600s purchase for a small amount of time.... Reason is.... I just discovered a massive deal for a pair of amperiors.... Like new amperiors, with 2 years warranty from amazon.... 83 euros.... I know i know.... The hd25s are a lot similar but for the price i couldnt resist.... You can curse me....sorry.... :-D

Hi Pedro,

Go for it! I was just listening to my Amperiors yesterday and thinking I really need to do a critical comparison between it and my hd650 and hd25. What's incredible is that I think the Amperiors high end may be actually better, not just more pronounced than the hd650. Can't just say as yet, but I can tell you that it's high end is very extended and crystalline in sound.

Also, the Amperiors sound great out of a portable and improved just ever so slightly with my C5D.

They are definitely audiophile in quality.

They are a good purchase for you as you've been thinking about them for a while. Now you get to compare them between your hd25s and either sell one or keep both like me (well I may still sell the Amperiors, only because I don't need this many headphones.)

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #39 of 47
Hi Pedro,

Go for it! I was just listening to my Amperiors yesterday and thinking I really need to do a critical comparison between it and my hd650 and hd25. What's incredible is that I think the Amperiors high end may be actually better, not just more pronounced than the hd650. Can't just say as yet, but I can tell you that it's high end is very extended and crystalline in sound.

Also, the Amperiors sound great out of a portable and improved just ever so slightly with my C5D.

They are definitely audiophile in quality.

They are a good purchase for you as you've been thinking about them for a while. Now you get to compare them between your hd25s and either sell one or keep both like me (well I may still sell the Amperiors, only because I don't need this many headphones.)

Hum.... So you prefer to keep the hd25s instead of the amperiors? Well in terms of practicality it makes sense, you are a dj and the hd25 os a better tool for you and since uou mostly use the hd650 and the d600s at home theres no need for two portables.

I am thinking of keeping them for a while, unless they are really toooo close to each other.... But i think i might sell the mdr v6 faster...

It is really an opportunity at this price point and i really had to take it, for 83 euros even if i dont like them i can easily sell them for that amount.

Aug 12, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #40 of 47
Hum.... So you prefer to keep the hd25s instead of the amperiors? Well in terms of practicality it makes sense, you are a dj and the hd25 os a better tool for you and since uou mostly use the hd650 and the d600s at home theres no need for two portables.

I am thinking of keeping them for a while, unless they are really toooo close to each other.... But i think i might sell the mdr v6 faster...

It is really an opportunity at this price point and i really had to take it, for 83 euros even if i dont like them i can easily sell them for that amount.

Hi Pedro,

Oh, I'd rather keep the Amperior, its just that my HD25s aren't in sellable condition.For DJing the Amperior would be fine, just needs a cheap coiled cable extension.

I'm actually quite surprised how well the Amperior holds its own against he HD-650. It has the detail, high-end, comparable low-end, but lacks in soundstage and instrument separation. Afew weekends ago I remember listening to a great recording of Holst on the Amperior and being quite moved. The Amperior has enough brilliance for classical.

Also, the Amperior has become quite comfy, just a couple notches below the HD650.

Read up how it compares.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/670086/sennheiser-amperior-vs-hd600-vs-hd650
http://www.head-fi.org/t/612250/headphone-comparison-sennheiser-hd-600-hd-700-hd-800-hd-25-1-and-the-amperior-audio-technica-ath-m50s-audeze-lcd-2-rev-2-and-the-lcd-3

But get them,I know you have been mulling over these for months! 

In fact, with the Amperior, you might just be set for headphones for a quite a while, or sell your others to make room for something contrasting.

I forgot you had the V6. Hmm, that is quite a good headphone, but its been a while since I've owned one. Both

Aug 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #41 of 47
Oh and lastly, I've had enough time to use both the Amperior and the HD-25 amped. Both just get better at being the headphones they are. The HD-25 doesn't magically 'catch up' to the Amperior.

The Amperior is better in all technical aspects, but the presentation of the HD-25 may be favoured by some IMO. I'm listening to the Amperiors right now, with the HD650s taking a break.

They are just so clear. You are going to love them!

Aug 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #42 of 47
I already saw that thread some months ago.
Too bad that windsor didnt have the momentum at the time to compare as well. But it is noticeable that the hd25 is not to far behind... When he ads the gold adapter the diference seems to be smaller.

Keep the amperior m8. You might regret it.

What i am more curious to know is if besides sounding fuller (straight from an ipod, nexus...) is íf the soundstage is improved on the amperior when compared to the hd25 with the pleatherette pads. If they dont sound as compressed i my found my new love. :-D

The v6 are not bad, but the soundstage is not that great, the cord is too heavy and the hd25 has a similar sound sig with more bass and superior sq. My v6s are new. Barely used them. Bough them on amazon about year and a half ago.

I always think of selling the but although a bit shallow cups they are the only over ear i have now.
And also sony is always threatening to discontinue them and i am also thinking that having the rep they have i must hold on to them.

They were my first post head fi entrance buy and my first good pair of headphones. Although i admit, i like them but they need a bit of equing. When i first got them i remenber thinking, so all the fuss for this? :-D

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #43 of 47
They don't sound as compressed.

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #44 of 47
They don't sound as compressed.

And now i am even more excited... :p
Of course i am not expecting super stage but the better sound straight from my ipod, the at least a tiny bit less tiny presentation, the aded bass and the velour pads, all together already seem like a upgrade. :)

Have u ever tried the on ear momentums and compared to the amperior by the way?

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #45 of 47
Have u ever tried the on ear momentums and compared to the amperior by the way?

Nope. Haven't been able to evaluate them properly. 

I can't see the Momentum (or for that matter many consumer headphones) being as bright as the Amperior though.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. When will you be getting the Amperiors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back