Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
May 23, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #3,601 of 3,671
The problem is when I turn on them. Sometimes (but now very often) in active mode (both with and without the cable) the sound is very bad. Specially in some songs and in some parts of the song, there is a terrible "screech".
I got a light screeching noise in anc mode, after using them outside on a really windy day. Might have gotten some rain in them too, who knows.. It got better after a while, but it comes back if subjected to strong wind.

May 23, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #3,602 of 3,671
Hello everyone, I have a problem with my Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless. In passive mode they are perfect, almost indistinguishable from the wired version. The problem is when I turn on them. Sometimes (but now very often) in active mode (both with and without the cable) the sound is very bad. Specially in some songs and in some parts of the song, there is a terrible "screech". The noise increase with the increase of the volume. It's like if some frequencies (I think it's the 4kHz frequency) are distorted. I think the problem is with the ANC because also if I use them with the cable and then I turn on them, the problem appears. Has anyone the same problem? I asked amazon for a replacement, but also the replacement had the same issue. So...at this point I think that this ANC is a ****. What do you think?
Never had that issue. If you are moving around and breaking the seal, that may be feedback from the ANC. I know if they get jostled around a bit, you'll hear some distortion from the ANC. If that't not the case, I can only imaging you have a defective pair and the replacement may be from the same defective batch. Just guessing.

May 23, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #3,603 of 3,671
The weird thing is that this noise appears quite randomly...from a noisy bus to the silent bedroom. Maybe is just a broken amplifier. For the first week the headset was perfect, but after a 3h flight the problem appears. I noticed that there was a bit difference between the first one and the replacement. The led was different and in one of them there was an additional writing on the box. Maybe there are 2 versions?

However amazon don't have other replacement (out of stock). I should send to Sennheiser. I'm thinking about return them and re-buy the wired one and maybe wait for a momentum 3.0 (I read that probably they will arrive this winter).

May 23, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #3,604 of 3,671
The weird thing is that this noise appears quite randomly...from a noisy bus to the silent bedroom. Maybe is just a broken amplifier. For the first week the headset was perfect, but after a 3h flight the problem appears. I noticed that there was a bit difference between the first one and the replacement. The led was different and in one of them there was an additional writing on the box. Maybe there are 2 versions?

However amazon don't have other replacement (out of stock). I should send to Sennheiser. I'm thinking about return them and re-buy the wired one and maybe wait for a momentum 3.0 (I read that probably they will arrive this winter).
I have the Pink Floyd Edition, so perhaps that build run was unaffected, but you have to order that version from Sennheiser. Also, I'm not sure how much you paid, but if you order from Sennheiser and use "BONKERS" as a Coupon Code during checkout, it'll drop the price from $299 to $239 (I don't think the code will work for the standard version).

In any case, I have never experienced the issues you describe, the only thing I notice is occasional ANC "distortions" when things get bumpy, but sitting at a desk in an office setting, no issues at all.

May 26, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #3,607 of 3,671
Yes but I don't know...if I receive the third faulty headset I will have 3 returns on amazon...it's always better don't have too many returns.

However, is there another headset in the same price range and with the same build quality? For me the most important is the quality sound, than design, bluetooth and in the end ANC.

May 26, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #3,608 of 3,671
Yes but I don't know...if I receive the third faulty headset I will have 3 returns on amazon...it's always better don't have too many returns.

However, is there another headset in the same price range and with the same build quality? For me the most important is the quality sound, than design, bluetooth and in the end ANC.

Bowers & Wilkins PX is in that range considering it is currently $100 off. It's about 266€ on Amazon right now. Sounds better than Momentum 2.0 in my opinion. Design is great. Some people have comfort issues, but I find them much more comfortable than the Momentums.

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #3,609 of 3,671
i have recently purchased a wired momentum 2 and am very impressed, i was concerned the bass would be too much and boomy but not so, the midrange and vocals are well done and the treble is not bright so for a pair of light, portable over-ears they tick all my boxes, not as textured as my oppo pm3 but much lighter and good for travelling and overall very enjoyable.

i had a problem with the supplied cable as it was for ios and only worked with my fiio x7 and chord mojo but not with my dx120 or my laptop, so i emailed customer support at sennheiser and they were superb, sending me a plain (traditional) cable which works perfectly (free). I am so impressed with the customer support but do wonder why they do not supply both cables in the box.

Jul 3, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #3,611 of 3,671
Hi
Anyone checked what is the current software version for the M2 AEBT / Momemntum Wireless? Was is updated at all?
Try “Sennheiser Updater” from www.sennheiser.com/cco/software
Not a supported device. The firmware on the Momentum Wireless is like 1.000 or something like that. I don't think there are any updates.

upload_2019-7-3_16-5-55.png

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #3,612 of 3,671
Not a supported device. The firmware on the Momentum Wireless is like 1.000 or something like that.

But have you tried it by running the software with the connected headphones? In earlier manuals there was a section "Updating the software using the Sennheiser Updater" and the link to: Download the “Sennheiser Updater” from www.sennheiser.com/cco/software
So probably it is still supported

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #3,614 of 3,671
maybe wait for a momentum 3.0 (I read that probably they will arrive this winter)
Yes, the Momentum 3 is coming soon. According to what I've heard they're coming next month (September).
That's the only info I got, no specs unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back