Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 11, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #3,466 of 3,671
Can I ask if any of you guys the Momentum 2.0 over ear wireless, when you power it on, the noise cancellation seem to be on left side only. Right side doesn't have it seems. But when a piece of music is being played, I can't noticed the noise cancellation is on both sides. Is it normal? It's like that since day one. I had it for a month or two.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #3,467 of 3,671
Can I ask if any of you guys the Momentum 2.0 over eat wireless, when you power it on, the noise cancellation seem to be on left side only. Right side doesn't have it seems. But when a piece of music is being played, I can't noticed the noise cancellation is on both sides. Is it normal? It's like that since day one. I had it for a month or two.

Some Momentum Wireless' are faulty. My second pair was defective and i got a new pair. But with ANC, depending on where you sit, where the noise is coming from, it will sound like more sound is coming in from the left or right side compared to the other side.

Try turning around. If your right side is still more noisy, you might have a problem.

Feb 11, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #3,468 of 3,671
Thanks for the explanation. Mine could be something wrong. I'll try a pair in the shop before bringing it down to my local service centre.

From out of the box was like that. I powered it on in my quiet room the noise cancellation is not equal sounding on both sides, seems left side only.

Thank you for the advise.

Feb 11, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #3,469 of 3,671
Can I ask if any of you guys the Momentum 2.0 over ear wireless, when you power it on, the noise cancellation seem to be on left side only. Right side doesn't have it seems. But when a piece of music is being played, I can't noticed the noise cancellation is on both sides. Is it normal? It's like that since day one. I had it for a month or two.
Never noticed this behaviour. Seems defective to me.

Feb 11, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #3,470 of 3,671
Yeah that doesn’t seem like a feature, seems like a bug.

Feb 16, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #3,471 of 3,671
It could be the fit. I use mine at noisy work place and notice one side leaking a lot of more noise than other. Had to tingle a bit to make them fit right, now noise is canceled perfectly on both sides. Try to play with the sliders to get that perfect fit. After I got it right, I locked mine in with a gasket rubber seal as shown here https://imgur.com/a/hJGWF

Feb 21, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #3,473 of 3,671
Hey all, I've had a set of these for 3 years. Got some AirPods and there's just no substitute for these. Has Sennheiser ever provided a firmware update for these? I finally tried them with a new iPhone X and was constantly getting dropouts, even though the headphones were never more than 5 feet aware from the iPhone. The iPhone X works fine of course with the AirPods all the time and shows great range. Thanks.

Mar 10, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #3,474 of 3,671
Hey all, I've had a set of these for 3 years. Got some AirPods and there's just no substitute for these. Has Sennheiser ever provided a firmware update for these? I finally tried them with a new iPhone X and was constantly getting dropouts, even though the headphones were never more than 5 feet aware from the iPhone. The iPhone X works fine of course with the AirPods all the time and shows great range. Thanks.

My momentum’s actually finally DONT have dropouts with the X. It’s been like an upgrade. Sorry, I just think these puppies are inconsistent. I hate that I love them so much!

Mar 10, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #3,475 of 3,671
Hey folks,

It’s been quite a while since I’ve chimed in on the site. Thought I’d give an update based on a little mod I did recently.

I have had issues with a few things:

The sliding mechanism becoming loose...

The earpads compressing and becoming uncomfortable for long sessions (ear touches driver)

I’ve see a fix on line about a rubber o ring and I may try that, but I tried another approach that was worked well for me so far. I bought some replacement Logitech mouse sliders and trimmed them to size and pushed them into place where the old “friction” pads were. It’s worked really well and tightened them up quite nicely.

Found a really great fix for the earpads!

Bought a roll of this: Sashco Pre-Caulking Filler Rope Backer Rod Roll, 100' Length x 1/4" Width, Gray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DZHF4Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_gdjPAbQHA87EQ

And trimmed it to fit in a ring underneath the inner earpad. It “firms” up the underneath of the pad, doesn’t get in the way of the driver, leaves the nice cushy memory foam against your ear and you don’t really see it since it tucks back beneath the leather part of the pad. The pads still compress on top, but don’t go down far enough for my ears to touch. Super simple and super cheap!!!!

Doesn’t really affect the sound as the pads kind of still have the overall same shape.

Hope this is helpful for someone with a massive head like mine :wink:

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #3,476 of 3,671
Is there any USB C replacement cable to the M2? Is it even possible to get audio from an USB C from a phone? Not a converter, nor a dongle or anything, A straight USB C to 2.5mm plug of the Momentum.

Mar 16, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #3,477 of 3,671
Is there any USB C replacement cable to the M2? Is it even possible to get audio from an USB C from a phone? Not a converter, nor a dongle or anything, A straight USB C to 2.5mm plug of the Momentum.
Not possible. USB outputs digital so you need to convert it to analog before the 2.5mm input into the headphone. (Needs a DAC in between).

Mar 16, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #3,478 of 3,671
Not possible. USB outputs digital so you need to convert it to analog before the 2.5mm input into the headphone. (Needs a DAC in between).

I should've guessed that. For a moment I thought the DAC was still inside your typical current jackless phone, and when you connected a headphone, only the pinout of the plug was converted to 3.5mm ground left right pinout.

Mar 18, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #3,479 of 3,671
Just upgraded from the Galaxy S7 to the S9, and Bluetooth performance outside seemingly got worse. Phone in my chest pocket, if I even turn my head slightly, audio gets choppy and drops. I'm having issues in my car as well, so I'm assuming it's Samsung or Qualcomm that's the problem. But it has me thinking that it may be time to upgrade to an aptX-HD or LDAC headset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back