Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Nov 14, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #3,451 of 3,671
I have the momentum 2 on ears with an iphone cable and am looking to trade the cable for an android. Anyone interested? PM me. I live in Canada.

Just buy the wanted cable from their web site Sennheiser Canada or drop by their premises in Pointe-Claire (West-Island suburb of Montreal)

Nov 14, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #3,452 of 3,671
You can't use the Momentum wireless wired with ANC for some reason.

I believe you can. I do it all the time. Using the normal audio cable and switching on the active ANC circuitry on the headphone. You may choose between wired passive (no ANC) or wired active (with ANC) using the normal audio cable.
You may even / also listen to them in active mode while charging them using solely the USB cable (for simultaneous USB ANC wired mode + charging without the use of the normal audio cable).

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #3,454 of 3,671
The prices of the M2 / HD1 have dropped significantly over here in Asia, they're now almost half the original RRP. Do you think that signals a new model coming in early 2018?
Same has happened here in the UK - a drop of about 30 % though.

It could be that or competition. The bose have updated and are £329 here regular price, and the bowers Wilkins px are also 329. Both updated / released this autumn whereas seemed unrealistic to have an older tech from 2015 to be priced at £379. Maybe this means an update as you said!

Dec 3, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #3,455 of 3,671
Hi! How does Momentum Wireless work for you? Is it flawless or does the audio skip occasionally? Sometimes, mostly in open areas where there are no buildings (not sure if related), the audio starts to skip and sometimes when I stand still it completely stops playing the music for ~2-3 seconds. Tested with different phones, same result. Tried local music apple music and spotify (various music quality levels), but still same result.

Dec 28, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #3,456 of 3,671
Hi guys, I am writing for advice (help me with the translator, sorry for any errors). I've read this thread for a long time, I signed up to ask for some advice.
I had this summer mometum 2.0 in ear with cord (ivory), I'm in love (not that I have great terms of comparison). I would be interested in buying mometum 2.0 over ear bluetooth, I have Android and I could take advantage of the aptx, I do not care that the NC can easily with the cable (because at home I would always use the cable) I would pay € 299 from amazon Italy: do you think it's worth it or do you bet on other bluetooth headphones at the moment?

Dec 29, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #3,457 of 3,671
Hi guys, I am writing for advice (help me with the translator, sorry for any errors). I've read this thread for a long time, I signed up to ask for some advice.
I had this summer mometum 2.0 in ear with cord (ivory), I'm in love (not that I have great terms of comparison). I would be interested in buying mometum 2.0 over ear bluetooth, I have Android and I could take advantage of the aptx, I do not care that the NC can easily with the cable (because at home I would always use the cable) I would pay € 299 from amazon Italy: do you think it's worth it or do you bet on other bluetooth headphones at the moment?
I would say with Bluetooth you have a lot of decisions to make and possibly concessions to make as well. Comfort, wireless range, wireless stability, replaceable batteries, Bluetooth technology (Apple w1 chip, aptx, aptx hd, etc...), ability to receive firmware/driver updates, all before we talk about the sound signature you like (Lower bass, mid bass, mids, mid treble, upper mids) and for the type of music it will be used for. I don't use Bluetooth too much (mainly for working out) but those that do might be able to help you with your big money purchase if they knew the answer to some of those questions. Possibly asking in the portable headphone (since bluetooth is portable) might get you a more informed answer. Good luck in your purchase.

Dec 29, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #3,458 of 3,671
In realtà il mio dubbio principale riguarda il suono, ho provato il B & W pxs ieri mattina, mi sono piaciuti ma non mi hanno colpito come ha fatto il momento (forse hanno bisogno di un rodaggio più lungo del px), ascolto molto rock (dires stretti, Pink floyd, Eric clapton, anche altri generi più raramente), mi piace che non ci siano frequenze che dominano gli altri, ma il suono deve essere ancora caldo e coinvolgente. Non mi interessa che il nc non sia regolabile nello slancio perché ho letto che è buono (non ai massimi livelli) la cosa più importante per me è il suono che uscirà da queste cuffie, per questo volevo sapere se qualcuno ha provato sia se forse su questa fascia di prezzo, raccomando altri prodotti.

Dec 29, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #3,459 of 3,671
In realtà il mio dubbio principale riguarda il suono, ho provato il B & W pxs ieri mattina, mi sono piaciuti ma non mi hanno colpito come ha fatto il momento (forse hanno bisogno di un rodaggio più lungo del px), ascolto molto rock (dires stretti, Pink floyd, Eric clapton, anche altri generi più raramente), mi piace che non ci siano frequenze che dominano gli altri, ma il suono deve essere ancora caldo e coinvolgente. Non mi interessa che il nc non sia regolabile nello slancio perché ho letto che è buono (non ai massimi livelli) la cosa più importante per me è il suono che uscirà da queste cuffie, per questo volevo sapere se qualcuno ha provato sia se forse su questa fascia di prezzo, raccomando altri prodotti.
Hi,
I could only compare these to B&O Beoplay 7 and I like Momentum 2.0 wireless more. Wider stage, more separated instruments and NC adds to the clarity on street. Pink Floyd branded version at the same price added value for me and made my decision. For what I've been using these for a month now - I like also its weight, compactness and simplicity. That's a bonus to its sound, for sure.

Dec 29, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #3,460 of 3,671
Hi,
I could only compare these to B&O Beoplay 7 and I like Momentum 2.0 wireless more. Wider stage, more separated instruments and NC adds to the clarity on street. Pink Floyd branded version at the same price added value for me and made my decision. For what I've been using these for a month now - I like also its weight, compactness and simplicity. That's a bonus to its sound, for sure.
thanks for sharing your experience, I never got to try b & o but I forgot because to have NC I had to spend more than taking a mometum.
They are more oriented towards mometers now that they have fallen in price. I doubt about a comparison with px (I think px wins for NC controllable and some function: aptx HD vs aptx) but from the point of view of sound, reading the reviews, it seems to be inferior. I still await some opinions (they are always 300 €)

Dec 29, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #3,461 of 3,671
thanks for sharing your experience, I never got to try b & o but I forgot because to have NC I had to spend more than taking a mometum.
They are more oriented towards mometers now that they have fallen in price. I doubt about a comparison with px (I think px wins for NC controllable and some function: aptx HD vs aptx) but from the point of view of sound, reading the reviews, it seems to be inferior. I still await some opinions (they are always 300 €)
I wouldn't count on reviews. Have read about a dozen of those, comparing B&O, Sony, Senn and PX. Momentum was always like a on bit low side, but for me they win and they win in sound. If You have a chance - go to the shop and try - it will be the best decision.
Oh, btw, on Momentum I was able to distinguish mp3 and flac records quite easily, but not on B&O Beo 7.

Jan 20, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #3,462 of 3,671
I've tried all the major Bluetooth headphones except for the ATH-DSR9BT...I really wanted to try a pair. I even briefly owned the Sony-wh1000xm2, but I sold them to get the Sennheiser HD1s, because they sounded far and above the best. The B&O H9s just didn't sound that good to me, I wanted to like them, because they are gorgeous, but they aren't that great for the price. The Bowers and wilkins P7s also sounded pretty good, but I didn't really like the aesthetics. Go with the Senns or the P7s if you haven't gotten them yet

Jan 20, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #3,463 of 3,671
I've tried all the major Bluetooth headphones except for the ATH-DSR9BT...I really wanted to try a pair. I even briefly owned the Sony-wh1000xm2, but I sold them to get the Sennheiser HD1s, because they sounded far and above the best. The B&O H9s just didn't sound that good to me, I wanted to like them, because they are gorgeous, but they aren't that great for the price. The Bowers and wilkins P7s also sounded pretty good, but I didn't really like the aesthetics. Go with the Senns or the P7s if you haven't gotten them yet

Yup, I’ve tried all the major ANC BT headphones and the HD1 is by far the best. More codecs would make it virtually flawless.

Jan 20, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #3,464 of 3,671
Yup, I’ve tried all the major ANC BT headphones and the HD1 is by far the best. More codecs would make it virtually flawless.
Major, guys. You've tried all major ones.

I'm on the verge of ordering the AIAIAI TMA-2 Wireless preset.

Their wireless headband has AAC and AptX HD support. The whole headphone is modular, so in theory after trying out the preset (that would probably be way too V-shaped), you could make the sound a bit better using another driver and a corresponding pad.

In fact, for anybody from the V-MODA Crossfade 2 thread (pound it!), it would be a direct replacement.

AIAIAI is not very popular around here (and other forums) for several reasons:

• Obscure European hipster brand with focus on underground DJs. Not a lot of money on marketing, and I mean at all, especially in US
  • Their first headphones were super dark (EDM only), so most audiophiles did not like them
  • Also, they had a huge defective series with the TMA-1 headphone; plastic was of low quality and the headband snapped easily, people turned off from them after that. TMA-2 does not seem to have the same problem
I mean, there are not a lot of good Bluetooth headphones around. Go to aptx.com and you can literally see them all. This is one option I (and, I believe, most people here) did not try.

Jan 20, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #3,465 of 3,671
Major, guys. You've tried all major ones.

I'm on the verge of ordering the AIAIAI TMA-2 Wireless preset.

Their wireless headband has AAC and AptX HD support. The whole headphone is modular, so in theory after trying out the preset (that would probably be way too V-shaped), you could make the sound a bit better using another driver and a corresponding pad.

In fact, for anybody from the V-MODA Crossfade 2 thread (pound it!), it would be a direct replacement.

AIAIAI is not very popular around here (and other forums) for several reasons:

• Obscure European hipster brand with focus on underground DJs. Not a lot of money on marketing, and I mean at all, especially in US
  • Their first headphones were super dark (EDM only), so most audiophiles did not like them
  • Also, they had a huge defective series with the TMA-1 headphone; plastic was of low quality and the headband snapped easily, people turned off from them after that. TMA-2 does not seem to have the same problem
I mean, there are not a lot of good Bluetooth headphones around. Go to aptx.com and you can literally see them all. This is one option I (and, I believe, most people here) did not try.

Funny you mentioned it I actually have tried the AIAIAI TMA-1, but they were wired. I wasn't sure they had bluetooth. As you said they were invented in that time where everyone thought they were a DJ and they were really dark, muddy and bass heavy. I'd love to try the new ones though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back