Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Sep 22, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #3,171 of 3,671
Does anyone know?

I think that the M2 Wireless does some equalizing in the digital domain. I found Bluetooth (and USB cable) superior to analog cable. I testet with my LG G5. The build in output of the G5 is of course a shame, so no wonder it sucked. With the B&O Hifi Module however (which is a really decent DAC/AMP) it still sounded a little coloured in comparison with the digital connections.

I have no comparison to the M2 Wired though.

Sep 22, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #3,172 of 3,671
Does anyone know?

I think that in @giogio's thread on "(Almost) al great BlueTooth headphones compared," he finds that the Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless sounds the same wired or unwired. Look at the very first post and expand some of the hidden sections to check, as well as searching that thread for the Momentum 2.

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #3,173 of 3,671
I think that in @giogio's thread on "(Almost) al great BlueTooth headphones compared," he finds that the Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless sounds the same wired or unwired. Look at the very first post and expand some of the hidden sections to check, as well as searching that thread for the Momentum 2.

I would say that his hearing is fairly poor then. I have experienced AND read that they do indeed sound very different wired vs wireless. And there is a third comparison also. USB audio sounds different again. IMO the order is: USB 《 wireless 《 wired.

As for the wired mode compared to m2 wired only headphones, I cannot say as I have not listened to both. I have heard both, they sound the same, and that they do not, but would assume they should sound the same, as they are both using the same drivers, and pads.

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #3,175 of 3,671
And a final question. I am between the senns pxc 550 (more mobility features + easy use with touchpad) and the momentum 2 wireless (more quality and better-?-sound). I travel every day for about 1h30m and every 2 months I have 2 flights (6h on total plus airport waiting). Which would you go for if you were using a smartphone and no amp?

Sep 23, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #3,176 of 3,671
Hello Ronald,

Thank you for contacting Sennheiser Technical Support.

The supported Bluetooth profiles are Bluetooth 4.0 + EDR + A2DP + AVRCP + HSP + HFP + APT-X. Most Apple devices use A2DP for audio streaming, and this works well.

Hopefully this helps, and have a good afternoon.

------

I just got this from a rep. Looks like it doesn't support AAC?

Sep 23, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #3,177 of 3,671
Hello!
I got a sennheiser momentum 2.0 wireless at summer, and I really like the headphone and all, I just got 3 minor issues, which I'd like to know others opinions about.

1, Now I read that the momentum wireless is not that loud, but it was worse than I expected, my in-ear apple earpods are on the same volume level than them, and my sennheiser momentum in-ear is a bit louder... is that normal, or is that only because its knew? - I was moving around, uni starts soon etc, so didn't have much time to use them, they were used for like 1 hour so far.

2, There is something sticking out from inside the ear pads. The part from where the sound is coming, not the leather part, and it's a but uncomfortable. Why was it made like that?? 

3, Im trying to connect it to my laptop via bluetooth and it just doesnt connect.... I have bluetooth 4.0 installed. My laptop keeps looking and nothing..

2*Adding something to Q1, after I tried the headphone on my laptop. The sound is much more loud than on my phone -iphone 6s-. Is there any way to icnrease the volume on the phone somehow? 

Sorry for reposting but didnt get an answer yet, and i would like to use it with my pc already :frowning2:
Question 2 is pointless already, i got used to the feels of it.

Sep 23, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #3,178 of 3,671
Hi people,

I use my headset connected to my Samsung Note 5 and my PC (running Windows 7) with the Sennheiser BTD 800 USB ML.  The headset connects to both devices at the same time.  I can be playing games on my PC using the headset and then a call can come in on my mobile.  The headset gives a beeping notification while the phone is ringing and I can answer the call using the headset button. When I hang up the headset returns to the PC connection. The headset works brilliantly with my Macbook Pro (running OSX El Capitan) also, using the Macbook's own bluetooth.  The only time I have had a problem with the headset connection to my phone dropping whilst listening to music, is when I am about 10 meters from my phone when outside washing the car.  I simply put my phone in my pocket and have no problems what so ever.  This really is a great headset and combined with the BTD 800 USB ML it is awesome.  HTH.  

BladeFD, yes it is bi-directional.

Hey tony, are you able to raise and lower the sound of headphones through windows? I raise the sound bar up and down in image below but sound remains the same whether it is at 0% or 100%. Did you have to update software or something?

Sep 24, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #3,179 of 3,671
Sorry for reposting but didnt get an answer yet, and i would like to use it with my pc already
frown.gif

Question 2 is pointless already, i got used to the feels of it.

I'm testing the M2 Wireless On Ear vs Beats Solo3 for my new iPhone 7. I found that the M2s are definitely more quiet than the Solo3s.

I also took my M2s to work, and it was basically unusable with my work machine. Windows 10 Dell XPS 13. It connected, but it's way too quiet. I tried playing with a lot of settings, but in the end I had to use a wired set I had lying around.

Sep 24, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #3,180 of 3,671

I'm testing the M2 Wireless On Ear vs Beats Solo3 for my new iPhone 7. I found that the M2s are definitely more quiet than the Solo3s.

I also took my M2s to work, and it was basically unusable with my work machine. Windows 10 Dell XPS 13. It connected, but it's way too quiet. I tried playing with a lot of settings, but in the end I had to use a wired set I had lying around.

So its generally quiet... Well I had no problem with volume on my PC with windows 8 when I used it with wires, but it didnt even connect with bluetooth...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back