Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
May 18, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #2,881 of 3,671
I got my replacement pair from Sennheiser this past Monday. I assumed they were going to repair mine, so I was pleasantly surprised to get a brand new box. Based on the serial number, I think they might have been manufactured before the ones I sent in for service. There was no note or explanation or anything, so for all I know they just tossed the pair I sent them without cracking them open.

The short of it is, the replacement works better outside now. I took a quick walk outside my house and didn't have any trouble, except if I covered my phone with my hand.

I noticed that in the morning, other than for a moment or two when I get out of Penn Station, NYC, the audio is fine outside. Coming home, they got a little more stuttery as soon as I got to the curb at Penn Station. But audio was clear and performance was solid at all other times. So I'm going to hang onto these for now, though I kind of wonder if the new Sony h.ear on's, at half the price, have any BT issues.

Now to order a wired Android remote cable.

May 19, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #2,882 of 3,671
One thing I've noticed consistently with my M2 Wireless is that the connection starts to break off about 3 feet away from the southern exit of the U8 underground rail station in Berlin at Kotbusser Tor.

It's really weird, it always breaks connection at that point for a split second. And I exit there 5 days a week, it's not a coincidence that this happens.

I've been wondering whether there's some networking congestion at that location, or perhaps some other network interference at the bluetooth frequency. I have wifi off so it can't be that. It's really the only point I ever get the connection lost.

I don't mind it but it's really curious that it happens. :)

May 19, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #2,883 of 3,671
One thing I've noticed consistently with my M2 Wireless is that the connection starts to break off about 3 feet away from the southern exit of the U8 underground rail station in Berlin at Kotbusser Tor.

It's really weird, it always breaks connection at that point for a split second. And I exit there 5 days a week, it's not a coincidence that this happens.

I've been wondering whether there's some networking congestion at that location, or perhaps some other network interference at the bluetooth frequency. I have wifi off so it can't be that. It's really the only point I ever get the connection lost.

I don't mind it but it's really curious that it happens. :)
I onl get skipping one one block of the city, and only in the evening. I walk that same route in the morning and it doesn't skip.

May 19, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #2,885 of 3,671
  Somebody got it connected over Bluetooth to an PC ore Notebook witch is running windows ?
I only get it over cinch connected to pc and bluetooth works only on android ..........

so far no. Only got it working with my chromebook and phone over BT.

May 19, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #2,886 of 3,671
Oy. So performance was more spotty today, even away (just slightly) from Penn Station. So I'm still undecided; I may sell these and go try the h.ear on. Sennheiser says BT performance is affected by wireless signals in the area, and that makes sense -  but doesn't explain how other headphones work just fine. That part really annoys me.

May 20, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #2,887 of 3,671
  Oy. So performance was more spotty today, even away (just slightly) from Penn Station. So I'm still undecided; I may sell these and go try the h.ear on. Sennheiser says BT performance is affected by wireless signals in the area, and that makes sense -  but doesn't explain how other headphones work just fine. That part really annoys me.

What are the battery lives of those other headphones?

I think that the spottiness has to do with insane power management. 22h of bluetooth and noise cancelling is a remarkable feat. I wonder if people would trade the spottiness for an 8h battery life. With firmware, this kind of thing is possible.

May 20, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #2,888 of 3,671
So far I've been with my pair for almost 6 months and only face the stutter issue over bluetooth to my phone when my phone is lagging & the ram is hogged up, opening facebook and firefox,etc..

Quote:
  Somebody got it connected over Bluetooth to an PC ore Notebook witch is running windows ?
I only get it over cinch connected to pc and bluetooth works only on android ..........

My pair works perfectly fine on my laptop running Windows 8.1. Is this a common issue?

May 20, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #2,889 of 3,671
  Thanks. So any idea how to connect as headphones in Windows 10? I set it as Default Device and set my speakers as Default Communication Device thinking that would ensure it was connected as headphones but that didn't fix the poor sound

It should be as shown http://imgur.com/1sBYgLp
  Is the battery replaceable - user / service centre?

I've asked my local direct branch of Sennheiser and they'll send them to a service centre where the battery is replaced for free if it's faulty and your unit is still under the warranty period. After that you still can have the battery replaced under a charge.

May 21, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #2,890 of 3,671
I looked back at your comments, and found us in a very similar situation.

I also had the hand-covered intermittent "mute" issues, and sometimes choppy clutter sound...
Too bad for a high priced product....

May 23, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #2,891 of 3,671
  My pair works perfectly fine on my laptop running Windows 8.1. Is this a common issue?

Same here. Works great on my laptop, phone, iPod, tablet..... I also have noticed that I only get skipping/cutouts on my phone, not on PC, or iPod. 

May 23, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #2,892 of 3,671
I only get skipping one one block of the city, and only in the evening. I walk that same route in the morning and it doesn't skip.

It's like a 2 meters area where it loses connection. Regardless if I'm coming up from the station or about to go down, it always crackles a bit at that point.

But I did actually get to work at ~12PM / 1PM recently so maybe it's not really in the morning but rather in the afternoon.

Anyway I'm super curious what's causing it. There's nothing in that area that raises suspicion. There's park benches, a few residential buildings but they're still a few dozen meters away..

I'm gonna have to record this "phenomenon" soon because it's really interesting to me.

May 26, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #2,895 of 3,671
Only me who thinks the mids and vocals are a bit warm?
My phone doesnt support Aptx (Huawei Mate 8), could be the reason, because none of the reviews says anything about too warm mids/vocals.. On many tracks the warm vocals overpowers the lows and highs, other tracks are ok..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back