Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 23, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #2,822 of 3,671
  Heads up if anyone is interested, Office Depot has the Around-Ear Wireless for $288.99 after applying coupon code 89048172.

Product code is M2AEBTBLACK. Will see in a couple days if it's the REV02 or not.

That is not a bad deal. I have love these since day, preferred the wired version, but bought the REV1 and returned them. Now I have the REV 2 and it is nice to be wire free.

Apr 23, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #2,823 of 3,671
Hi! Has anyone had a problem here where the Bluetooth module just dies off? I left for work, folded my headphones into a shelf where they laid completely unharmed, when i unfolded them after work they wouldn't connect at all. I tried pairing, but the headphones never go into pairing mode (they did before, i know how to do the procedure). If i press and hold the power button they say "power on", but they never go into pairing mode no matter how long i keep pressing it. If i let go and press and hold again they "power off". 

Just powering them on and trying to connect from any of my paired devices (OnePlus 2, Sony Xperia Z3), they all fail to connect.

The manual has instructions on clearing the paired devices, but i tried powering them on while holding down the multifunction key at the same time, and no results there, they wont even power on if i press the multifunction button at the same time.

Is there a reset procedure on these? There used to be a key kombo on my old Bluetooth headset, but that wasn't sennheiser. 

When i plug in a charger the LED is blue, so there is power in the headset. The active noise cancellation turns on and works fine as well.

My headset is the 2.0 Wireless On Ear model, Ivory colour.

Apr 23, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #2,824 of 3,671
Hi,

Please try to insert the analog jack plug into your momentum wireless headset, and then remove it again.
There is a switch inside the jack of the headset, this switch turns off Bluetooth and put it into flightmode.
If this gets jammed by dirt, it might behave as you describe. Do the procedure with the jack plug severeal times.

Cheers
Flemming

Apr 23, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #2,825 of 3,671
Thank you Flemming, i only had to do reinsert the jack two times and it started working. Used a compressed air can to clean it afterwards. Thank you for the advice, i had previously wondered as to how the automatic bluetooth shutoff actually works, since it still leaves the noise cancellation on. Would have never guessed this on my own though. Thanks again man.

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #2,827 of 3,671
  Hi! Has anyone had a problem here where the Bluetooth module just dies off? I left for work, folded my headphones into a shelf where they laid completely unharmed, when i unfolded them after work they wouldn't connect at all. I tried pairing, but the headphones never go into pairing mode (they did before, i know how to do the procedure). If i press and hold the power button they say "power on", but they never go into pairing mode no matter how long i keep pressing it. If i let go and press and hold again they "power off". 

Just powering them on and trying to connect from any of my paired devices (OnePlus 2, Sony Xperia Z3), they all fail to connect.

The manual has instructions on clearing the paired devices, but i tried powering them on while holding down the multifunction key at the same time, and no results there, they wont even power on if i press the multifunction button at the same time.

Is there a reset procedure on these? There used to be a key kombo on my old Bluetooth headset, but that wasn't sennheiser. 

When i plug in a charger the LED is blue, so there is power in the headset. The active noise cancellation turns on and works fine as well.

My headset is the 2.0 Wireless On Ear model, Ivory colour.

I actually had this happen to me too. Nothing I tried (including plugging/unplugging wire) worked for me. I ended up calling Sennheiser, and since they were rev1, they shot me out a new pair. While waiting for the new ones to arrive, I simply left them on and let the battery die all the way, then charged them to 100%, and they simply starting working again. Weird, but there you are... Glad you got them working again.

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #2,828 of 3,671
I tried my REV 2 pair (AEBT) again outside, this time in New Jersey, and the audio is still prone to cutting in and out from my Galaxy S7. I'm hoping Sennheiser Support can help, because these sound wonderful otherwise. If not, I suppose I'll try the new Sony h.ear on or opt for an on-ear model like the AKG Y50BT.

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #2,829 of 3,671
I have the REV02 versions (ivory) and I want to sell them because I simply don't have the time to enjoy them as much as they ought to be enjoyed. Got them 2 months ago, barely used and in absolute mint condition. I have the receipt and guarantee from Selfridges department store. No issues at all, never had even one case of BT drop out.

Anyone interested?

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #2,830 of 3,671
I just got a pair of these Bluetooth v2 ones

Is there anyway to use the mic and the headphones on a pc without the audio defaulting to headset quality?

Also the Bluetooth connection is terrible. It crackles when I'm sitting still 3 feet from my laptop, how do I fix this?

Apr 29, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #2,831 of 3,671
I just got a pair of these Bluetooth v2 ones

Is there anyway to use the mic and the headphones on a pc without the audio defaulting to headset quality?

Also the Bluetooth connection is terrible. It crackles when I'm sitting still 3 feet from my laptop, how do I fix this?

The issue could be your laptop. I can go 40-50 feet away from my phone before it starts to lose connection. 

I'm also not sure what "defaulting to headset quality" means.

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #2,832 of 3,671

The issue could be your laptop. I can go 40-50 feet away from my phone before it starts to lose connection. 

I'm also not sure what "defaulting to headset quality" means.

So i bought these headphones because i wanted a great sounding wireless headset for my pc.  Over bluetooth however, if I want to use the microphone I have to use "headset" as the device, which defaults to a very low bit crappy sound in the headhpones.  I understand now through research, that is a bluetooth limitation.  So I might return these, as much as I love how comfortable and great sounding they are, because they don't do what I need them to.  Also I seem to have gotten a dud pair with the bluetooth, because on multiple laptops, using both the internal bluetooth stack and a usb dongle, and on my phone and tablet, the connection is very bad.  It crackles anytime I move my head and stutters when moving more than 4-5 feet from the device its paired to.

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #2,833 of 3,671
I don't know if it's encouraging or irritating that people have such high expectations of the tertiary features of these cans. People using ANC in lieu of earplugs, people thinking four mics would perform like a boom mic, people trying to actually make recordings with them - if these are the sticking points now, Sennheiser really came up with something special.

The bluetooth connection is the main show here - and hopefully that gets worked out. The only time I get interference is at a certain block in the city at a certain time of day... and when I rotate my head towards my phone it stops. What's that about?

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #2,834 of 3,671
  I don't know if it's encouraging or irritating that people have such high expectations of the tertiary features of these cans. People using ANC in lieu of earplugs, people thinking four mics would perform like a boom mic, people trying to actually make recordings with them - if these are the sticking points now, Sennheiser really came up with something special.

The bluetooth connection is the main show here - and hopefully that gets worked out. The only time I get interference is at a certain block in the city at a certain time of day... and when I rotate my head towards my phone it stops. What's that about?

Probably a high concentration of Bluetooth and other wireless signals in the area? What boggles my mind is that my last two headsets worked just fine outside; why the much more expensive Momentums had issues in two different outdoor areas is a mystery. A cheaper BT implementation? I'm wondering if the Bluetooth radio in the Galaxy S7 is weaker than the radio in the iPhone 6 Plus, but I did test my Sony's with the GS7 and had no issue. The few users on XDA who replied to my post all have mixed experiences with their Bluetooth devices and the S7.

I emailed Sennheiser's support desk and received a long, canned response - BT experience varies based on a number of factors, test with a different device, reset the BT pairing, etc. Not the most helpful, but I deleted and re-paired the devices and will try again today. I will also borrow my friend's iPhone this weekend to further test a possible phone issue.

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #2,835 of 3,671
  Probably a high concentration of Bluetooth and other wireless signals in the area? What boggles my mind is that my last two headsets worked just fine outside; why the much more expensive Momentums had issues in two different outdoor areas is a mystery. A cheaper BT implementation? I'm wondering if the Bluetooth radio in the Galaxy S7 is weaker than the radio in the iPhone 6 Plus, but I did test my Sony's with the GS7 and had no issue. The few users on XDA who replied to my post all have mixed experiences with their Bluetooth devices and the S7.

I emailed Sennheiser's support desk and received a long, canned response - BT experience varies based on a number of factors, test with a different device, reset the BT pairing, etc. Not the most helpful, but I deleted and re-paired the devices and will try again today. I will also borrow my friend's iPhone this weekend to further test a possible phone issue.

Thanks for this. I think helpful criticism from a thoughtful preson is a good addition to the chorus of love for something this $$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back