Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 13, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #2,806 of 3,671

Ok good to hear about the customer service.

In the meantime I have my M2 wired to enjoy until this is resolved.

I suspect it's actually the wire connection on the left ear-pad that's bad and is a little loose and is causing all this crackling when there's a lot of vibration (bad solid ironing job..?). If I tap it a few times the left ear pad is quite a bit quieter than the right. I initially thought it was the noise cancellation "over-compensating", but actually the crackling sounds very much like I used to hear on many wired headphones when the cable was going bad due to tear & wear.

Btw., apologies about my poor use of English, I meant to say ear-cup and not "ear-pad" in many of my previous posts. Cheers.

Apr 13, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #2,807 of 3,671
I'll handle this through Amazon since that's where I've bought it. Ah such a shame it had to be defective. But I've ordered a replacement, I don't want my money back I just want the wireless Momentums that work. :)

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #2,808 of 3,671
When I tap my ear cups I don't hear any ANC feedback at all - the noise is just the echo of the tapping and sounds pretty much the same if I power off the headphones and do it.

I have noticed sometimes when I'm on the bus there's a certain bus vibration frequency that causes a lot of noise with these headphones. I did wonder if it was the ANC so I turned the headphones off and continued wearing them but the noise was the same, so it seems this is entirely acoustic vibration from the environment and not ANC over-compensating. I've also noticed something similar when standing directly under a strong air con vent, and this is more noticeable because it's normally only on one side. These are the first over-ears I've had that I've regular worn on my commute so I don't know if they are particularly bad for producing this effect or whether it would be pretty much the same with any other set.

Apr 14, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #2,809 of 3,671
I'm getting my replacement phones on Friday so I'll hopefully be able to give you all feedback on whether this was a manufacturing defect.

I really do think it was. The way the audio would cut and produce cracks when the left earphone was affected with any amount of vibration makes me think it's just a bad soldering job in the ear-cup itself. And I know I didn't just imagine things, I've had quite a bit of pain in my left ear yesterday after exposure to this crackling for just a couple of times, and I never had this happen before no matter how long or loud I would listen to music.

Today I felt fine the whole day while wearing my M2 wired, no pain in my ears despite listening to music loudly the entire day.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #2,810 of 3,671
Hi I'm interested in these HPs but I just wanted to check about the BT device management.. How many devices can you store in the HP memory? How easily can you switch between them? Does the HP use voice notification? How does it say the name of the device it's connected to?

I currently have The Bose Sound Link AE2 which does these things very well but the sound quality, while good still leaves me wanting more..

Apr 15, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #2,811 of 3,671
Hi I'm interested in these HPs but I just wanted to check about the BT device management.. How many devices can you store in the HP memory? How easily can you switch between them? Does the HP use voice notification? How does it say the name of the device it's connected to?

I currently have The Bose Sound Link AE2 which does these things very well but the sound quality, while good still leaves me wanting more..

In order:

1- No idea

2- Wouldn't you do the switching from the device itself?

3- Some, but not much

4- No

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #2,812 of 3,671
These seem to be the pair to beat for BT and ANC combined. A little disappointing to see that you can't disable ANC in BT mode, though. I'd like for that to be optional in case I want to hear a train announcement or something.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #2,813 of 3,671
These seem to be the pair to beat for BT and ANC combined. A little disappointing to see that you can't disable ANC in BT mode, though. I'd like for that to be optional in case I want to hear a train announcement or something.
I think the ANC was designed in such a way where you'd hear speech, but not ambient noise. In fact, a lot of people who oddly want to use the cans as earplugs complain about hearing voices and dings, etc

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #2,814 of 3,671
I think the ANC was designed in such a way where you'd hear speech, but not ambient noise. In fact, a lot of people who oddly want to use the cans as earplugs complain about hearing voices and dings, etc

^^

I use mine at work and I can talk to people no problem while they're on. The "white noise" is all gone but specific sounds are still plenty audible.

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #2,815 of 3,671
My replacement Momentums came in on Friday, and they're working perfectly! There was definitely something wrong with the first pair, I'll be sending those back to Amazon and hopefully Sennheiser can figure out what went wrong and avoid these mechanical problems in the future.

Really happy about how the noise cancelling performs now.

Apr 17, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #2,816 of 3,671

It can be connected to multiple devices simultaneously. I use them at work with a USB bluetooth dongle in my PC and they simultaneously remain connected to my phone. If I play music on my phone, the PC music stops. If I play music on the PC the phone music stops. If I'm listening to music on the PC and a phone call comes in, the music pauses and the phone rings in the headphones and I can answer it. There is no source switching function on the headphones as far as I know (unless there's some secret undocumented button combination), and the audible notification simply says "connected" and "disconnected" for each device.

This is fantastically useful but it can cause them to get confused from time to time. If I switch to playing from my phone and walk away from my desk (leaving the office at the end of the day) sometimes they go a bit nuts when I walk out of range of my PC and I have to disable and enable bluetooth on my phone to sort them out.

Not sure what the maximum number of devices they can store is, but I also have them paired with my Nvidia Shield (Android TV box / console thing) and my laptop for a total of four. I could add my Nexus 7 to test a fifth.

Apr 18, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #2,817 of 3,671
Thanks TrancerSte!

The manual switching feature on the Bose is very convenient. Being able to actually choose the device I'm listening to is a great feature. The HP's hold 8 devices in memory. I can easily rotate between all my devices with a button flick.. very useful for me to rotate between my phone, tablet and pc... I guess I like the control and it makes for a much more integrated experience overall.. The HP's are supremely comfortable too so no issues there.. The only problem (big problem) is that the i'm not "feeling" the sound if you know what I mean.. I even slightly prefer the sound on the PBBP over these .. So Far it looks like the Bose stands alone when it comes to well considered and implemented BT management..

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #2,818 of 3,671
I've had these for a few days now, and the Bluetooth outside is pretty bad. This is the REV02 version. The signal gets choppy and audio cuts out or stutters using my Galaxy S7. This is whether the phone is in my jacket (chest) pocket or the front pocket of my jeans. This doesn't happen with my VMODA CFW (once recently) or my Sony 950 Extra Bass. I think these are going back to B&H and I'll try something like the Plantronics BackBeat GO.

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #2,819 of 3,671
I've had these for a few days now, and the Bluetooth outside is pretty bad. The signal gets choppy and audio cuts out or stutters using my Galaxy S7. This is whether the phone is in my jacket (chest) pocket or the front pocket of my jeans. This doesn't happen with my VMODA CFW (once recently) or my Sony 950 Extra Bass. I think these are going back to B&H and I'll try something like the Plantronics BackBeat GO.

Seems to me like you got REV01 - from reading comments here. Are these just now bought from BHphotovideo or a while ago? I wonder if they're still selling REV01

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #2,820 of 3,671
Seems to me like you got REV01 - from reading comments here. Are these just now bought from BHphotovideo or a while ago? I wonder if they're still selling REV01

Oops, should have specified. The box says REV02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back